Hypersensing with THCAD - better way to do ohmic sensing

More
12 Nov 2020 12:51 - 12 Nov 2020 14:55 #189104 by stivemaster13
Hello, the point of my suggestion is that it will always work, whether at the beginning or in the middle of the file. It does not cause a delay in operation and does not allow a drop of water to remain in the nozzle! I have checked this and it has been working on many machines for a long time.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2020 14:55 by stivemaster13.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2020 17:59 #189232 by tommylight

It does not cause a delay in operation and does not allow a drop of water to remain in the nozzle!

It does, about 2 seconds for every probe, so some of us doing about 2400 probes per session can not afford that. Pretty sure Rod and Stefan had more than that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
13 Nov 2020 20:12 - 13 Nov 2020 20:13 #189249 by bevins

I unfriended him on "LIFE" :)

If you unfriended him in life but not on Facebook, he still has access to your soul.... :lol: :lol: :lol: B) B)
Last edit: 13 Nov 2020 20:13 by bevins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
13 Nov 2020 20:41 #189255 by tommylight

I unfriended him on "LIFE" :)

If you unfriended him in life but not on Facebook, he still has access to your soul.... :lol: :lol: :lol: B) B)

No facebook, so i am freeeeee :)

More
13 Nov 2020 23:24 #189270 by thefabricator03

Now you mention it, a while back there was a Hypertherm 125 on sale here used, fortunately a friend of mine bough it, unfortunately that same @sh00le of a friend sold it to someone else after i repeatedly told him i want it. I unfriended him on "LIFE" :)

I understand how you feel Tom, every time I use my 125 it puts a large smile on my face. It has to be the best plasma machine I have ever used and I would by another one without thinking twice!

Back in 2013 when I first started researching CNC plasma machines, I had a sales rep come to my old job talking up the Hypertherm plasma cutters. He was very vocal about the cut quality and he said that he never thought plasma could cut well until he saw a Hypertherm unit cutting. I took his advice but my old boss would not spend the money for a Hypertherm unit since they were at least twice the cost of a regular plasma unit.

When I started my management job and was given some leeway in spending I brought the top of the line 125 unit and have not once regretted it. I am most happy when cutting 25mm plate. I cut some 25mm base plates the other day and they turned out perfect. Very Very happy.

More
13 Nov 2020 23:44 #189277 by tommylight
Oh hell, now i need to find one ! :)
Well i did find a Hypertherm Max 43, with all parts of the hand torch missing but the handle so i plopped 33 Euro in some chinese electrode/swirl ring/nozzle/cup and did some tests, pilot arc does not work, scratch start does not work since it is not made to do that, so took a short piece of 0.8mm CO2 welding wire and jammed it into the nozzle orifice pressed the trigger and did a scratchy and it worked ! :)
So the low voltage/high current part is OK, but the pilot arc part is shot ... or the part in the torch that was responsible for blowback start is missing, as i did see some evidence of it being a blow back one. Need more time, 24h just not enough.

More
13 Nov 2020 23:52 #189278 by thefabricator03

Need more time, 24h just not enough.

Lol that has been the story of my life for the last three years! So much to do, so little time.

More
14 Nov 2020 00:28 #189281 by tommylight

Need more time, 24h just not enough.

Lol that has been the story of my life for the last three years! So much to do, so little time.

You lucky ..... :)
In the last 20 years i can count the days i slept over 6 hours ! Not many of them.

More
14 Nov 2020 00:29 - 14 Nov 2020 00:30 #189282 by thefabricator03

You lucky ..... :)
In the last 20 years i can count the days i slept over 6 hours ! Not many of them.

Ha its good to know that things will get better :) Lol
Last edit: 14 Nov 2020 00:30 by thefabricator03.

More
14 Nov 2020 00:30 #189283 by tommylight
Just noticed, this topic is getting HyperSensitive TM .... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, thefabricator03

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds