Hypersensing with THCAD - better way to do ohmic sensing

More
24 Jul 2020 21:44 #175682 by dvn4life1972
Well Rod, after my 2nd read through this thread I'm going to give this a whirl on my table too. Just put the order in for the THCAD-5.

It looks really promising.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2020 17:25 - 11 Nov 2020 17:26 #189018 by stivemaster13
Hi, I read the whole topic and I think you did very well. There is no development of the topic lately and in this regard I have a suggestion to people who cut with Hypertherm. Add post.Text ("\ n M03 \ n") and post.Text ("M05 \ n") to the Sheetcam postprocessor right at the beginning of "function OnPenDown ()".
This way with Duramax torches you will avoid the recurring error due to a drop of water inside the nozzle.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2020 17:26 by stivemaster13.

More
11 Nov 2020 20:11 #189031 by thefabricator03
So your saying to a delay before the torch moves down to allow the water to blow out?

More
11 Nov 2020 21:06 #189041 by rodw

So your saying to a delay before the torch moves down to allow the water to blow out?

I think what he's saying is to pulse the torch on and off before probing. Its not able to be done in PLasmac becasuse a M3 triggers a probe sequence. Its really only an issue on the first probe and after that it the postflow keeps the nozzle clear of water. Maybe there is a case for Plasmac to do that on the first pierce or if x seconds has elapsed from the end of the last cut.

More
11 Nov 2020 21:19 #189046 by tommylight
Is it so hard to press the "pulse torch" on the GUI before starting a job ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540, dvn4life1972

More
11 Nov 2020 21:22 #189047 by thefabricator03
I think it would be handy to have the air flow start just before the torch starts probing on each probe, not just as the beginning.

More
11 Nov 2020 22:10 #189051 by tommylight

I think it would be handy to have the air flow start just before the torch starts probing on each probe, not just as the beginning.

Would you please enlighten me as to why as i am baffled from this. Once i start a job, the air never goes off until the job is finished and this is true for over 15 machines i deal and work with besides 2 of mine. The shortest post flow i have encountered is 15 seconds some over 100A ones have a full 1 minute of post flow.
Thinking of it, maybe, just maybe having a long table and a slow machine.... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, snowgoer540

More
11 Nov 2020 22:23 #189055 by thefabricator03
I think the slow machine comment has explained what I was seeing. On my Hypertherm 125 the post flow must be rather short. I was having the air go off before the next probe.

I only just recently change my Z axis acceleration and velocity settings and now its running very quickly so I might not have the issue. I dont have Hyper sensing set up just yet to check.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
11 Nov 2020 22:35 #189057 by tommylight

I think the slow machine comment has explained what I was seeing. On my Hypertherm 125 the post flow must be rather short. I was having the air go off before the next probe.

Well i thought of the worst case scenario and sure enough you are there ! :)
Sorry for requesting you to make that info public. :)
Now you mention it, a while back there was a Hypertherm 125 on sale here used, fortunately a friend of mine bough it, unfortunately that same @sh00le of a friend sold it to someone else after i repeatedly told him i want it. I unfriended him on "LIFE" :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
12 Nov 2020 07:45 #189090 by rodw
Hmm, some plasma cutters have control over the postflow duration but Hypertherm does not.
Do you ever have trouble with ohmic sensing? If not, its not an issue then.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds