GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac

More
10 Jan 2021 03:36 #194675 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
OK, Back onto improvements!
Is there a way to reset the feed override and rapid override to default values with a single click? I find it hard to reset the feed override to 100%,

To me, I think clicking on the "Feed NNN%" should reset it to default 100%.
Its ok if you only use the scroll wheel and don't drag the bar but with a touch screen, thats not a solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2021 04:54 - 10 Jan 2021 16:03 #194682 by snowgoer540
EDIT: Moved this error report here as there were two separate errors being reported (qtplasmac pathing, and qtvcp widget error) being reported at the same time, muddying the waters.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jan 2021 16:03 by snowgoer540.

More
10 Jan 2021 05:58 #194684 by rodw
Snowgoer, I first compiled from source a few days ago and the SIM was working fine.
When I saw Robert's post I pulled the latest version and it raised the error I shared.
When Phill said he'd fixed it, I pulled again and recompiled and the error was gone.
Are you sure you are not waiting for the buildbot to do its thing? Or are you on a RIP version now?

More
10 Jan 2021 07:48 #194689 by robertspark
thanks all I am always a bit reluctant to report something as a noob it's probably going to be something I've done wrong.

More
10 Jan 2021 07:50 #194690 by rodw

thanks all I am always a bit reluctant to report something as a noob it's probably going to be something I've done wrong.

You undersell yourself there Robert.

More
10 Jan 2021 09:17 #194695 by phillc54

TBH I haven't done any testing of QtPlasmaC on a package install, my bad. So you are the trailblazer for package installs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
10 Jan 2021 10:56 #194705 by tommylight
Been using the buildbot install from two weeks ago, sim works fine, machine ..... i have it set up to a certain point but had no time to play with it as i used the time to install the designer and figure out how to use it as i need to make everything bigger, all my monitors are 1920x1200 so everything looks tiny on it.
Will try to update and report back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
10 Jan 2021 11:37 #194711 by rodw
The current screen size is perfect for a 15.6" monitor like the ASUS VTI168H I use
Its 1368 x 768 which QTPlasmac supports
I found the 19" touch screen I put on the spaceship is far too big and the hand movement is excessive with Gmocappy as it forces you to move from the top right to bottom left just to start and home the machine. QT Plasmac is much better in this regard and does not require the homing screen to be slected as Gmocappy does.

Geez, I just realised I have not connected the touch screen to it!

More
10 Jan 2021 11:40 #194712 by rodw

Geez, I just realised I have not connected the touch screen to it!

Phew! It works!

More
10 Jan 2021 12:06 #194714 by rodw
BUG: The soft keyboard runs off the screen when selecting MDI. Its probably picking up coordinates from a larger screen.
Attachments:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds