Random arc signal lost

More
09 Sep 2020 00:14 #181347 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Random arc signal lost

Oh, I thought you could see them as a Moderator.

Possibly but I wouldn't know how.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2020 00:24 #181348 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Random arc signal lost

Oh, I thought you could see them as a Moderator.

Possibly but I wouldn't know how.

No worries, incoming email.

More
09 Apr 2021 23:08 #205489 by AgentWD40
Replied by AgentWD40 on topic Random arc signal lost
So I'm running a 7i96 and a hypertherm powermax 45xp and am having arc lost issues. The torch fires each time but sometimes linuxcnc throws the error. I'm using machine's arcok.

There's been a lot of back and forth in this thread. Do I software denounce or use resistors???

I'm using an older build of plasmaC, the computer doesn't have internet so updating is difficult. I can follow up with my version if needed.

If I should try software denounce can someone specify exactly the hal changes required? I tried clicking those prelim docs a few pages back but the links were no good.

More
09 Apr 2021 23:37 - 09 Apr 2021 23:40 #205490 by snowgoer540

So I'm running a 7i96 and a hypertherm powermax 45xp and am having arc lost issues. The torch fires each time but sometimes linuxcnc throws the error. I'm using machine's arcok.

There's been a lot of back and forth in this thread. Do I software denounce or use resistors???

I'm using an older build of plasmaC, the computer doesn't have internet so updating is difficult. I can follow up with my version if needed.

If I should try software denounce can someone specify exactly the hal changes required? I tried clicking those prelim docs a few pages back but the links were no good.

First, I would encourage you to update... a lot has changed, and a lot of important bugs got squashed. QtPlasmaC is pretty stable. Something to consider. If nothing else, plasmac v.191 (assuming you are on 2.9) had a lot of the aforementioned bug fixes. If you're on 2.8 it might be time to move up.

On to debounce. Personally I would start with the software debounce. I think that for everyone who has had an issue and has a powermax, the software debounce was enough to cure it. That said, if there was still issue afterward, I would use the ceramic capacitor method as opposed to the resistor method. But more than one way to skin the cat.

I am just going to list the lines you need to add/change, you will have to figure out how to get them in there. Otherwise you could post your <machine_name>_connections.hal file and I could help that way.
loadrt  debounce                cfg=3,1
setp    debounce.1.delay        5
addf    debounce.1              servo-thread
net plasmac:arc-ok-in hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.input-06 => debounce.1.0.in
net plasmac:debounced-arc-ok debounce.1.0.out => plasmac.arc-ok-in

Obviously change your input to suite. That should get you there.

I've seen where one user reported that 5mS wasnt enough and bumped it to 10mS and hasnt had issue since. So you may have to experiment a bit. 5mS works fine for me. I'm seriously doubt the 5 extra mS makes any noticeable difference in cut quality.

I should also mention that the delay is actually measured in servo-thread counts. But assuming you use the standard 1000000nS period, that's 1mS. Make sense?
Last edit: 09 Apr 2021 23:40 by snowgoer540.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AgentWD40

More
10 Apr 2021 04:38 #205497 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Random arc signal lost
Try changing
setp    debounce.1.delay        5
to:
setp    debounce.1.delay        10

Before you do anything, then try it a bit longer if required. If debounce does not fix it then:

add a 100 ohm 10W pull down resistor to your arcOK input.

I also agree to update.

More
10 Apr 2021 04:51 #205502 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Random arc signal lost
If debounce doesn't fix it I would use a capacitor across the contacts as suggested by PCW.

forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/40819-arc-ok-...fire?start=50#191678

More
10 Apr 2021 12:30 #205519 by AgentWD40
Replied by AgentWD40 on topic Random arc signal lost
Do these last two lines need to be placed in any particular order within the hal file?

More
10 Apr 2021 13:09 #205521 by snowgoer540

Do these last two lines need to be placed in any particular order within the hal file?

From a machine standpoint, I dont think it matters.

I just do it that way because it makes it easier for me to read later and understand WTF I was doing. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AgentWD40

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds