QtPlasmaC release.

More
06 Jul 2021 02:25 #213818 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic QtPlasmaC release.

You should do testing with this:
I do have more complicated stuff, just in case ... :)

Thanks Tommy, that would make a great screen for my water heater. I just need to fertilise and water my table so it grows big enought to cut it... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2021 06:25 #213826 by phillc54

Note, all machines have a startup shortcut and it worked OK always, the desktop shortcut uses /usr/bin/linuxcnc while the startup shortcut uses linuxcnc only, although i doubt that changes anything, but i do close and open LinuxCNC quite often and had no problem with this till using the desktop shortcut on both machines.

Do you force a terminal from the shortcut to see if there are any error messages?

More
06 Jul 2021 07:50 #213832 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic QtPlasmaC release.
No i do not, thinking of it why do i not???
Also reminds me i need to find a short script that PCW made and i tested to have LinuxCNC wait for Mesa ethernet cards to power up before running LinuxCNC.
I think i do have smaller parts of that design, will check when i get to one of my PC's. Or what dimensions would you need as i can do it in under 5 minutes ?

More
07 Jul 2021 00:46 #213927 by phillc54

I think i do have smaller parts of that design, will check when i get to one of my PC's. Or what dimensions would you need as i can do it in under 5 minutes ?

Thanks Tommy, actually the one you posted is a perfect size, if you had a dxf of that I could probably split it up and index a sheet and move it around.

More
07 Jul 2021 11:01 #213958 by tommylight
I do not, but pretty sure i can export it.

More
16 Jul 2021 00:04 #214953 by tommylight

Thanks Tommy, actually the one you posted is a perfect size, if you had a dxf of that I could probably split it up and index a sheet and move it around.

Here it is, sorry for the delay, reasons below ...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
16 Jul 2021 00:12 #214956 by tommylight
Happened 5 times today in about an hour, cut a piece or two then stop and wait and wait ....
Proof incoming:
The first two shots are with the latest Stretch build, other 3 are after updating to build 4140 i think from the Buster repo:

-yeah no, editor not working so cannot embed pictures...
There is a bonus picture, went to see how one of my machines is doing and this is what i was greeted with on the owners truck ! :)
Sometimes the Down LED gets stuck on, sometimes not, happens on both versions...
Went back to PlasmaC, it worked for over an hour without issues.
Now i can say it out loud, i hate anything QT, just to much cr@p under the pretty looks.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
16 Jul 2021 00:14 #214957 by tommylight
2 pictures missing, so try again...

More
16 Jul 2021 00:42 #214960 by phillc54
OK...
state-out = 13 indicates the Z is moving to safe height.
stop-type = 2 indicates it is waiting for a M3 to start the next cut.
All the pics show that the current line is a move to Xnn/Ynn but if you look at the DRO X/Y they show the current position as being the last X/Y position from the previous cut.
This indicates that the component thinks that safe height has not been reached and it is still setting feed-hold on (plasmac.feed-hold). There should be no differences in QtPlasmaC and PlasmaC as they both use the same component and all this is controlled from the component. Maybe if I try one less decimal in the float comparison it may help. I'll play around a bit later today.
I "think" the Down LED may just be a timing issue of what it was doing last when the previous cut stopped and it got hung up...

More
16 Jul 2021 00:54 #214965 by phillc54

Here it is, sorry for the delay, reasons below ...

Thanks for that Tommy, sorry, I missed this post.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds