Installing LinuxCNC 2.10 And Probe Basic on Linux MX 21

More
14 May 2023 16:43 #271351 by mattdom142

use this links for qtpyvcp deb:

repository.qtpyvcp.com/repo/qtpyvcp-dev/...4871882e.dev_all.deb

use thise link for Probe Basic deb file:

repository.qtpyvcp.com/repo/probe-basic-...-cf74f74.dev_all.deb

Thank you. I tried the developer download and that works just fine. I used the instructions from smallmachineshopconcepts video on YT. Can I use that to run my machine? Or do I need to do a standard install to run my machine? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2023 17:16 #271353 by Lcvette
links to debs are fixed.

no you should not have done that.. delete all of it the dev folder completely before installing the .deb version. that is for DEVELOPMENT ONLY.

use the quickstart deb install the links are repaired and now work as expected. was a minor glitch in the build bot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mattdom142

More
14 May 2023 17:17 - 14 May 2023 17:19 #271354 by Lcvette
just for future reference, there is only ONE method of install, stop seeking work arounds and you will be better off. just report any issues here as was done and we will advise a fix or work around until we find any bugs causing an issue and repair them.  Rodw means well, but is not current on the installation methods, his instruction was correct for the previous version install but not any longer which may be where you ran into an issue.  
Last edit: 14 May 2023 17:19 by Lcvette.

More
14 May 2023 17:28 #271355 by mattdom142
Thank you very much I will do that.

I will post an update as soon as I complete the install again.

More
14 May 2023 17:42 #271358 by mattdom142

just for future reference, there is only ONE method of install, stop seeking work arounds and you will be better off. just report any issues here as was done and we will advise a fix or work around until we find any bugs causing an issue and repair them.  Rodw means well, but is not current on the installation methods, his instruction was correct for the previous version install but not any longer which may be where you ran into an issue.  

Found a small error.

This command has a small error.sudo dpkg -i python3-probe_basic_0.5.3-925471c.dev_all.deb

The downloaded file name has a dash not an underscore between probe and basic causing a file not found error.
repository.qtpyvcp.com/repo/probe-basic-...-925471c.dev_all.deb

everything is now working. Thank you all very much.

More
14 May 2023 18:33 #271362 by Lcvette
thank you for the bug find! that is very helpful! fixing!

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds