User Install for Probe Basic Py3 (For Machine Control)

More
07 Mar 2023 14:03 #266023 by Lcvette

I wonder if the resources aren’t being compiled so the ATC images are not able to be loaded.

Hazzy,

we did recently change to compiling before building to eliminate left over folders when uninstalled from compiling on the target system.  it appears to be compiling correctly here, wonder if the build is not capturing the compiled resources..  good thinking, i will explore that avenue!  PS.. your baby QtPyVCP is DOA at the moment and in desperate need of some Hazzy help :o.....  :D

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2023 21:23 #266066 by Lcvette
Updated readme file in google drive, added some dependency items to the initial apt dep install line. if you do not see the atc widget, you can rerun the updated line in a terminal to install the missing deps and it should all be back to normal!

Thanks all!

More
08 Mar 2023 01:51 #266087 by Lcvette
updated and now have fully functioning installation \o/ Hurray!!

designer now works with linuxcnc plugins again so should be able to use it like any working version you used before. if you do find any hiccups please post it up here, all of your feedback has been valuable in getting things sorted out! We appreciate your help and effort in doing clean installs and writing your findings for us to find and fix the issues!!

Be sure to Thank Turboss for his tireless work, without him I would be lost in trying to figure all of these new things out on my own!

Thank you all!

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay.perez1

More
08 Mar 2023 12:27 - 08 Mar 2023 12:28 #266112 by Lcvette
Updated 3/8/23 7:14 am EST

** Added a line that creates the linuxcnc/config directory folders and install Probe Basic Sims without requiring linuxcnc to be started first.  The updated Probe Basic installation deb file is on the google drive along with updated read me removing instruction line to run lcnc prior to installing probe basic deb.

This thread is now in the "Sticky" Section at the top of QtPyVCP.

Thanks All!

Chris
Last edit: 08 Mar 2023 12:28 by Lcvette.

More
08 Mar 2023 19:48 #266141 by Lcvette
UPDATE:  3/8/2 2:42 pm EST

** Added Probe Basic Mill and Probe Basic Lathe icons and copy command to place the launcher icons in target directory: /Home/username/Pictures so they can be set by editing desktop launcher icons.

Attachments:

More
19 Mar 2023 03:25 - 19 Mar 2023 03:31 #267052 by aaroniscrazy

Thanks for this guide, it is the furthest I have gotten out of like 5 other guides. I am still having an issue when attempting to boot the default probe basic installs. The errors that the output lists are:

[qtpyvcp.app.runtime_config][[31mERROR[0m]  "" for option [DEFAULT] recentfiles is not a valid list, using default value of "[]" (runtime_config.py:91)

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x5
  Serial number of failed request:  7
  Current serial number in output stream:  8

Apologies for not using the code formating, I tried a good number of times but could not get it formatted correctly. I have also attached the whole log if that is helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Mar 2023 03:31 by aaroniscrazy. Reason: fixing formating

More
19 Mar 2023 03:35 - 19 Mar 2023 03:37 #267053 by Lcvette
You need xfce, your report states you are using gnome.. I believe you can fix by doing something to the existing installed desktop,  but I have not done it as I always use xfce as described in the install instructions. 

It may be easier to just reinstall linux and when the option is presented during the graphical install,  uncheck gnome and check xfce4.
Last edit: 19 Mar 2023 03:37 by Lcvette.

More
19 Mar 2023 03:45 #267055 by aaroniscrazy
Thanks for the really fast reply, Ill go ahead and reinstall Linux again tomorrow, I am pretty good at it now after like 8 reinstalls :/ I also didnt know that you could just install different desktop environments. Really happy about that as gnome was not my favorite and xfce seems better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
19 Mar 2023 03:46 #267056 by rodw
The culprit here is not so much Gnome but wayland.
XFCE is a Xorg based desktop. Gnome uses Wayland
You can load gnome using xorg if you logout and while your cursor and click on the gear icon at the bottom right and select an alternative desktop.
But you ptobably won't have the icons on your desktop
you can install xfce using tasksel and select it per the above
you may need to install it first:
sudo apt install tasksel
sudo tasksel

More
19 Mar 2023 03:50 #267057 by aaroniscrazy
Thanks for the other options. I'll start by just reinstalling the OS again, I was not very happy with the gnome interface anyway, I just didn't know that it was something that could be changed. Xfce seems to be more what I am used to and sounds like it may put me one step closer to having a working install.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds