Installing QtVCP

More
24 Apr 2022 23:29 #241126 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Installing QtVCP
QtPlasmac does not require python3-gst, which agrees with what Chris mentioned about QtVCP.

The error must have come from something else.

My development machine does not even have python3-gst installed.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2022 01:15 #241129 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Installing QtVCP
hey rod, I dont know if you are using bookworm,bullseye or buster, but with my buster image and qtplasmac, the only error im getting is with qt5graphics, as I do with the other screens, which wasnt always a fatal error.
Chris made an embedable graphics tab that uses the GTK plot preview, so if you replace the qt version for the GTK version, then everything works no problem.

I know Im not the best source for information because Im not too good with computers, but between this thread
forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/40187-any-opengl-wizards
and a few others where chris has given his input , a thread on the rpi forum, and another user in linuxcnc github issues. im pretty sure the opengl/es issue is the real red herring. chris made the vismach panel using the newer cross platform opengl widget and it still didnt work. When I looked into all the opengl calls Im getting the errors on, they are the same ones in the GTK graphics widget which works no problem. im pretty sure qt is calling on the wrong graphics library

But I don't understand how to make the pi load the preempt_rt image in Debian once its installed.

unless im not understanding something, do you mean the thing in the /boot/config.txt? In mine I choose kernel7_rt

unrelated, and I dont know a lot about the whole ethercat thing, but the openCN project is using the linuxcnc ethercat thing exclusive with their ethercat hardware, and they have an rpi build, just an observation.

More
26 Apr 2022 08:19 #241266 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Installing QtVCP
I guess I should clarify. I only ever use Bullseye, Bookworm or unstable because of the mess Buster and Mint got into 12 months ago with Python versions. Some of that may have been resolved in Buster but i'm not going back. And because I've been experimenting with Linuxcnc in the Debian repos.  Now that Linuxcnc is in bookworm, that will be my go to  from here on.

What I started off with in this thread  was an experiment to see if I could install Bookworm from the debian repos on a pi 4B then install the debian linuxcnc packages. I had installed Bullseye once before on the pi. It did not work (it was unstable) and I reverted to the rasberrian. I've now learnt how to install the Bullseye preempt_rt patch on the pi (from a repo on git) so  the next test is to go back to debian bookworm and then see if I can apply the same method to its preempt_rt image.

But I guess I really need to know is will qtvcp (and qtplasmac) run on a 64 bit pi? Earlier Phil said no because of QT issues.
If not, is there a way forward?

More
27 Apr 2022 00:57 - 27 Apr 2022 01:00 #241347 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Installing QtVCP
Ok, Ill be giving bullseye a shot after I free up some SD cards, but its safe to assume that this issue was not fixed with new bullseye (I dont know if thats how computer things work or not)

Im not too good with computers and Im not trying to ruffle feathers, but im pretty sure the openGLES limitation is only when using hardware accelerated graphics. When you turn on software graphics, you get openGL3.x support, but still doesnt work.
(edit) I also think it works on non debian distros. I recall scotta had it working using archlinux

will qtvcp run on 64bit pi?
right now it runs everything but the graphics preview and qt vismach, at least it should

way forward?
I dont know, Im not too good with computers. Something so we dont all have to compile it from source. I dont know what a .dep actually is, but is it that?

I have 2 solid leads, but I keep fucking up the compile, and it take a long time, and I think something with the linuxcnc optimized kernel/image settings is interfering with make -j4 and not maxing out the processor. docker is very over my head.

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues/1220#issuecomment-918174206
forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?f=3...1&p=1856336#p1847780
Last edit: 27 Apr 2022 01:00 by cakeslob.

More
27 Apr 2022 01:12 - 27 Apr 2022 01:15 #241348 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Installing QtVCP

Ok, Ill be giving bullseye a shot after I free up some SD cards, but its safe to assume that this issue was not fixed with new bullseye (I dont know if thats how computer things work or not)

Try the Debian Bookworm ISO from the Daily auto build here
raspi.debian.net/daily-images/
This does not give you a graphical environment.

I am slowly having another go at it. Currently trying to install the PREEMPT_RT. I left it go and went to work.

Here are my steps so far:
Login using the root account (which does not have a password yet). Type: root and hit enter
Add a password to the root user account. Type: passwd and allocate a password you will never forget!
Add a new user and allocate a password. I used pi: adduser pi
Add your user to the sudo group. Type:  usermod -aG sudo pi
Type the following lines: 
apt update 
apt upgrade 
Type: apt-install linux-image-rt-arm64 linux-headers-rt-arm64
Reboot to boot into the PREEMPT_RT kernel log in with root and the password you set.
 Type: nano /boot/firmware/cmdline.txt and add this line:
processor.max_cstate=1 isolcpus=2,3 save
Install a graphical environment by typing tasksel
Select a desktop environment.  I selected xfce
Tab to select ok, press enter and  continue. Select a keyboard when prompted and continue. Don’t panic if the screen display appears corrupt, just wait until completed.
Install linuxcnc. Type: apt install linuxcnc-uspace linuxcnc-uspace-dev
Type startx to start the graphical environment
Reboot into the graphical environment and log in with the username and password you created(I used pi)

Note this time I am using Synaptic to install the kernel and headers in step 6 to make sure we get the right ones

Last edit: 27 Apr 2022 01:15 by rodw.

More
30 May 2022 14:32 #244218 by ajsinfotech
Replied by ajsinfotech on topic Installing QtVCP
Hi phillc54,

Thanks for getting involved!

Sorry but, I don't think it is an OpenGL issue. The failed plugin message clearly states "wrong cpu architecture", so it seems the module libpyqt5_py2.so was compiled in another platform (maybe x86) but not armhf nor aarch64 that RPix use.

So, does anyone know where I can find the source of the libpyqt5_py2.so module to try and compile it on the RPi platform?

Many thanks!

More
30 May 2022 15:17 #244221 by elovalvo
Replied by elovalvo on topic Installing QtVCP
There is no need to recompile the library.

Look this link:
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...xfce?start=40#243304

and, eventually, also this

forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...xfce?start=50#243432
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
30 May 2022 21:21 #244242 by ajsinfotech
Replied by ajsinfotech on topic Installing QtVCP
Many thanks elovalvo!

I'll give it a try.

More
10 Nov 2022 17:27 #256362 by daiman444
Replied by daiman444 on topic Installing QtVCP
hi all. maybe I'm writing a question in the wrong place, but I would not want to breed new topics because of one question.
I compiled 2.9 installed without problems Qt from a script, all widgets are displayed, qtaxis, qtplasmac and so on are launched. I drew some sketches of the interface and I'm trying to run them like in the manual, but with my own configuration:

DISPLAY=qtvcp test.ui

I always did the same on 2.8 and it worked, but in 2.9 it gives an error:
[QTvcp.QTVCP.QT_PSTAT][CRITICAL]  No UI file found - Did you add the .ui name/path? (qt_pstat.py:135)

am i missing something?

More
10 Nov 2022 18:05 #256367 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Installing QtVCP
Hi. You didn't do anything wrong, it's just things changed from 2.8 and it seems the docs dod not get updated.
The ui and/or handler has to go in certain named folders. I'm awY from my computer so can't remember exactly but...

In a terminal type
qtvcp copy

And a dialog will show, that helps copy existing screens so you can modify them.i believe tester is an option
Or you can just look at the destination file path and figure out what qtvcp needs
The following user(s) said Thank You: daiman444

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds