Installing QtVCP

More
16 Oct 2021 22:53 #223336 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Installing QtVCP
Not much point, did you see the post from Chris.

I guess if you want 2.8 with Mint then you need Mint19.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2021 11:15 #223367 by Muzzer
Replied by Muzzer on topic Installing QtVCP
Yes I did. It's a bit of a Catch-22 - I had no idea what to conclude from the comment as I'm "far from expert" in the matter but I'm guessing I can forget Qtvcp, now that I have Mint 20 installed.

I've reverted to Axis lathe now and will see how I get on with that. I got Probe Basic Lathe working but it wouldn't accept Andy Pugh's macros and has some bugs with no clear date for an update.

I'm figuring out the lie of the land gradually but it seems several of the GUIs have become challenging to get running on the current versions of Linux and LinuxCNC, even for expert users. Something to do with Python.

I've got Axis lathe running with Andy's macros installed but the graphics need to be fixed now (the svg doesn't show, just the dimension boxes). I'll have to go back now and see what if anything can be done to fix that. It came up in the macros thread but I've forgotten what if anything can be done on that front.....

More
17 Oct 2021 15:11 - 17 Oct 2021 15:13 #223387 by daiman444
Replied by daiman444 on topic Installing QtVCP
print("Hello World")
initial data: LinuxCNC 2.8 out of the box
uname -a: "4.19.0-14-rt-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Debian 4.19.171-2 (2021-01-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux"
i do: 
sudo apt-get install qttools5-dev-tools
sudo apt-get install qttools5.dev

after which I run the script: "raw.githubusercontent.com/LinuxCNC/linux...igner/install_script"
to the question: "Do you wish to install Qt Designer for creating or modifying GUI files"
I answer: "3 = Yes, for a package installation"
I get a response in the terminal:
"libpyqt5_py2.so.tar.gz not found in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qtvcp/designer/x86_64/qt5.11/
-e
cannot continue designer installation"

what could be the problem? where to get the qt5.11 folder?
the fact is that this algorithm used to work, I even recommended this script to others, but after a clean installation it gives this error.
I will be grateful for any useful information.

Last edit: 17 Oct 2021 15:13 by daiman444.

More
17 Oct 2021 19:13 #223408 by daiman444

what could be the problem? where to get the qt5.11 folder?

this folder can be downloaded from sources: github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/2.8/li...tvcp/designer/x86_64
and with sudo rights insert: /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qtvcp/designer/x86_64/
and run the qt install script.
after installation create a folder: ~/.designer/plugins/python/
and copy the file there: /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qtvcp/plugins/qtvcp_plugin.py
after these actions everything worked

More
17 Oct 2021 21:53 #223418 by phillc54
The qt5.11 folder should have been added to 2.8 on October 9.

More
19 Oct 2021 08:43 #223534 by daiman444

The qt5.11 folder should have been added to 2.8 on October 9.

hello. today I downloaded the LCNC 2.8.2 distribution so that I don't feel any inconvenience in the future, but the qt installation ended with the same message:

libpyqt5_py2.so.tar.gz not found in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qtvcp/designer/x86_64/qt5.11/
-e 
cannot continue designer installation

More
19 Oct 2021 16:30 #223575 by Muzzer
Replied by Muzzer on topic Installing QtVCP

hello. today I downloaded the LCNC 2.8.2 distribution so that I don't feel any inconvenience in the future, 

Well I guess that's irony for you, as the effects were immediate. Did it work in your previous version?

More
19 Oct 2021 22:09 #223597 by phillc54
I will make a 2.8 machine later today to see what is going on.

More
20 Oct 2021 01:17 #223611 by phillc54
The LinuxCNC ISO isn't fully up to date and will not be until there is a 2.8.3 release.

You will need to update to the latest 2.8.2 from the Buildbot. Instructions are linked below.

Basically you need to uncheck the two existing linuxcnc repos then add the two repos for buster 2.8 then you should be able to search for linuxcnc and update. You shouldn't need the keys if your existing install is from the official ISO.

buildbot.linuxcnc.org/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muzzer

More
20 Oct 2021 15:25 #223679 by daiman444

hello. today I downloaded the LCNC 2.8.2 distribution so that I don't feel any inconvenience in the future, 
Well I guess that's irony for you, as the effects were immediate. Did it work in your previous version?

thanks for your attention. before everything worked and I several times recommended the qt installation script to colleagues. but for some reason it stopped working. so I asked questions. we will wait for rezil 2.8.3. and it would be better already 2.9. according to the algorithm that I added, everything works fine for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muzzer

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds