2+2+3 More Plasma builds, double the joy ! 3X2M and 2.5X1.5M cnc plasma build.

More
22 Dec 2020 12:11 #192804 by shpatb
so called "proffesionals"most of the time fail , f@@@k em just do it by ur self :DD
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2020 12:32 #192806 by rodw

The parts are back from powder coating and ................ oh hell, not properly painted, the black can bee seen under the red powder coating, so they skimped a lot on the thickness.
Bloody @#$@%%@$!^@$

If it was already powdercoated black, that is not surprising. Its actually a very expensive process to re-powdercoat becasue the existing coat needs to be burnt off at high temperature and if you are changing the colour, I think problems will occur for sure. You need to get back to bare sandblasted metal. Put it down to experience :)

More
22 Dec 2020 12:34 #192807 by snowgoer540

Bloody @#$@%%@$!^@$
Paid 100 Euro for it, sending them back will waste another week and i do can not afford to waste all that time waiting again.

This is the exact reason that:
1. I hate outsourcing things. The feeling of disappointment when someone hands you something you paid good money for is the worst.
2. I'm super over critical of my work, to a fault. It's what holds me back from taking jobs, etc. a lot of the time. I don't like the though of handing someone something and having them feel disappointment in my work.

I guess the worry is something you get over. But it's there nonetheless.

More
22 Dec 2020 15:49 #192828 by tommylight
@Shpat,
I would but i can not paint in my shop, it would end up messing everything there with paint sticking all over the place.
@Rod,
The order was to paint the legs black and beams red, seems like they did everything black and then occurred to them they made a mistake and rushed it and put a very thin coat of red.
@Snowwy :)
Same here, so many things i can not do as i am sure i can not get the quality i would like. And i live where quality is the last thing anyone looks for.
Thank you, all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shpatb, snowgoer540

More
22 Dec 2020 19:40 #192850 by rodw

@Rod,
The order was to paint the legs black and beams red, seems like they did everything black and then occurred to them they made a mistake and rushed it and put a very thin coat of red.

They should have stripped it back and started again. Its probably easier to make new beams and insist they powdercoat them properly. Powdercoat is not like paint. You can't just add another coat.

I had one part outsourced regularly which laser cut, machined and powdercoated. They always were getting something wrong. So I outsourced it to China and 3000 parts later, there has never been a problem!

Outsourcing definitely has its place but it brings a few challenges.

More
22 Dec 2020 21:58 #192878 by tommylight
Had not time to have a look at them and was not in the mood to deal with anything, i messed up my right ear a few days back with a q-tip and the irony is this was the second time i used them in my life ! Luckily no permanent damage to the ear as i went to a doctor and he took about 10 minutes to slowly clean it, so now i can hear again ! :)
Damn that felt like missing half of the head !
Tomorrow i am also busy working as the backlog of two lost days is to much, so in the evening i will have a look at how they look and take some pictures without the vinyl wrapping.
I do like the red though, it's fiery! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
25 Dec 2020 01:38 #193162 by tommylight
This is the state of affairs as off this evening:

Marry Christmas.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, Clive S, shpatb, snowgoer540, pinder

More
25 Dec 2020 12:52 #193174 by machinedude
merry Christmas Tom. Santa needs to bring you a bigger work shop :) things look a little tight in the space department :)

More
25 Dec 2020 15:05 #193177 by tommylight

merry Christmas Tom. Santa needs to bring you a bigger work shop :) things look a little tight in the space department :)

Go back a bit, there should be pictures of the new 108 sq meter shop somewhere, yup here it is:
forum.linuxcnc.org/show-your-stuff/38547...ild?start=240#190568
So in total that makes for 80+30+108=218sqm ! Cr@p, still not enough ! :)
There are plans to add another 70 to the shop as soon as possible. Plans, i said ! :)
Thank you very much.

More
25 Dec 2020 18:18 - 25 Dec 2020 18:19 #193185 by machinedude
that's way more space than i have :) my home shop is less than 65 sqm. it gets cramped when things get cluttered which is most of the time with me :) been working on the electronic in my living room at the house to avoid the mess in the shop :) i tinker so i can play around you on the other hand need room to run since your always on the move :)

i seen you were working on additions to work space but it's late in the year so weather comes into play at some point. not sure where you find the energy to move at the pace you do :) i started working on things yesterday and somehow end up playing with the granddaughter for a few hours :) i have to many distractions :)
Last edit: 25 Dec 2020 18:19 by machinedude.

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds