2+2+3 More Plasma builds, double the joy ! 3X2M and 2.5X1.5M cnc plasma build.

More
26 Dec 2020 03:08 #193207 by rodw

that's way more space than i have :) my home shop is less than 65 sqm.

65!!!
Man I only have 10 sqm at home! Now 165 sqm at work is not enough!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2020 12:41 #193225 by tommylight
Raining, when it's not it is to cold, so the work has practically halted.
I would have gladly assembled the 2 machines in the new shop, plenty of space, now i have to do a lot of physical exercise over and under the machines to mount the gantries, rails, belts, Z axis, cable chains etc etc.
Oh Joy ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: shpatb

More
29 Dec 2020 22:07 #193460 by tommylight
Did more work on the new builds, got the reductions for the Y axis ( 2 each ) fully finished, uprights are mounted, now the gantry and the belts for Y await some TLC.

More
30 Dec 2020 17:32 #193566 by tommylight
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, thefabricator03, shpatb, snowgoer540

More
31 Dec 2020 22:37 #193682 by tommylight
Mounted the rails and carriages on the X axis of both machines today, seemed like one of the rails moved a bit when i tightened it so will have to check that tomorrow.
Next is the Z axis mount and the motor/reduction assembly, belts on all axis, Z axis are ready and waiting to be bolted.
BTW, made these two a bit narrower at 1.25X2.5 and 1.5X3M due to space constraints.

Happy New Year to all ! All the best wishes.
Tom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, thefabricator03, shpatb, snowgoer540

More
06 Jan 2021 19:50 #194270 by tommylight
A quick update on the state of affairs here at the "pit", all belts are on and tightened, all rails are on, all axis are on, cabling is in place, now to wire everything and start testing and tuning.
Since no one here believes anything without evidence, here is some evidence, exhibits A, B, C, or the same thing from different angles:

Been working till 5:35AM last night in the shop, got to bed at a bit over 6, woke up at 9:45, so feeling a bit groggy, but i am off to the shop again after a full days work adding another full days work during the night, all inside of a day! Since it is raining almost every day the new shop is still on hold. Plans, the only thing sure to fail! :)
Regards,
Tom.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, Clive S, Grotius, thefabricator03, shpatb, snowgoer540

More
06 Jan 2021 20:17 #194277 by shpatb
awesome job uncle Tomy, You definitely need to put an eagle there to make them look more patriotic machines :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
06 Jan 2021 22:05 #194299 by Grotius

More
06 Jan 2021 22:44 #194304 by thefabricator03
There is never a dull moment at your place is there Tom!, looking good.

More
07 Jan 2021 08:04 #194331 by tommylight

...... but i am off to the shop again after a full days work adding another full days work during the night, all inside of a day!

Well, that did not work ! Went to the shop turned off the lights and went to bed.... :)
Still groggy....:pinch:
The following user(s) said Thank You: shpatb

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds