Robertspark's CNC Setup

More
26 May 2022 10:25 - 26 May 2022 16:33 #243886 by robertspark
Replied by robertspark on topic Robertspark's CNC Setup
cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/no....0-amd64-netinst.iso
sudo apt install -y git geany grub-customizer git ethtool curl dpkg-dev linux-image-rt-amd64 linux-headers-rt-amd64 flameshot
sudo apt install -y debhelper dh-python libudev-dev autoconf bwidget gettext intltool libboost-python-dev libepoxy-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libgtk2.0-dev libgtk-3-dev libmodbus-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libxmu-dev netcat psmisc python3-dev python3-tk python3-xlib tcl8.6-dev tclx8.4 tk8.6-dev yapps2 asciidoc dblatex docbook-xsl dvipng graphviz groff imagemagick inkscape python3-lxml source-highlight w3c-linkchecker xsltproc texlive-extra-utils texlive-font-utils texlive-fonts-recommended texlive-lang-cyrillic texlive-lang-french texlive-lang-german texlive-lang-polish texlive-lang-spanish texlive-latex-recommended asciidoc-dblatex texlive-xetex libreadline-dev python3-opengl python3-configobj libgtksourceview-3.0-dev tcl-tclreadline mesa-utils python3-serial python3-pip
sudo apt install - y libeditreadline-dev
sudo geany /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

scroll down to line ~ 126 and remove the # + add your user name from:

#autologin-user=
    #autologin-user-timeout=0

add to grub via grub customizer
quiet splash isolcpus=2,3 intel_idle.max_cstate=0 processor.max_cstate=0 acpi_irq_nobalance noirqbalance
latency-histogram --nobase --sbinsize 1000 --show

uname -a
    Linux LinuxCNC 5.10.0-14-rt-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_RT Debian 5.10.113-1 (2022-04-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux
git clone https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc.git linuxcnc-dev

cd linuxcnc-dev/debian

./configure uspace
cd ..

dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc

install the uspace deb
sudo dpkg -i <package>.deb

>>>>
Confirmed latency at this point sub 50uS + SDEV ~1.8uS
Run Axis Sim + Gmoccapy Sim
loaded without issue and jog etc.
>>>>

QTPyVCP
    sudo apt install -y dh-python libudev-dev bwidget libeditreadline-dev asciidoc dblatex docbook-xsl dvipng ghostscript graphviz groff imagemagick inkscape python3-lxml source-highlight w3c-linkchecker texlive-latex-recommended asciidoc-dblatex python3-dev python3-tk libxmu-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libgtk2.0-dev libgtk-3-dev gettext intltool autoconf libboost-python-dev libmodbus-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev psmisc yapps2 libepoxy-dev python3-xlib python3-pyqt5 python3-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5 python3-pyqt5.qtopengl python3-pyqt5.qsci python3-pyqt5.qtmultimedia python3-pyqt5.qtquick qml-module-qtquick-controls gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad  libqt5multimedia5-plugins pyqt5-dev-tools python3-dev python3-setuptools python3-wheel python3-yapps dpkg-dev python3-serial libtk-img qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools python3-wheel espeak espeak-data espeak-ng freeglut3 gdal-data gstreamer1.0-tools libaec0 libarmadillo10 libarpack2 libcfitsio9 libcharls2 libdap27 libdapclient6v5 libepsilon1 libespeak1 libfreexl1 libfyba0 libgdal28 libgdcm3.0 libgeos-3.9.0 libgeos-c1v5 libgeotiff5 libgif7 libglew2.1 libgtksourceview-3.0-dev libhdf4-0-alt libhdf5-103-1 libhdf5-hl-100 libimagequant0 libkmlbase1 libkmldom1 libkmlengine1 liblept5 libmariadb3 libminizip1 libnetcdf18 libodbc1 libogdi4.1 libopencv-calib3d4.5 libopencv-contrib4.5 libopencv-core4.5 libopencv-dnn4.5 libopencv-features2d4.5 libopencv-flann4.5 libopencv-highgui4.5 libopencv-imgcodecs4.5 libopencv-imgproc4.5 libopencv-ml4.5 libopencv-objdetect4.5 libopencv-photo4.5 libopencv-shape4.5 libopencv-stitching4.5 libopencv-video4.5 libopencv-videoio4.5 libportaudio2 libpq5 libproj19 libprotobuf23 libqhull8.0 librttopo1 libsocket++1 libspatialite7 libsuperlu5 libsz2 libtbb2 libtesseract4 liburiparser1 libxerces-c3.2 libxml2-dev mariadb-common mesa-utils mysql-common odbcinst odbcinst1debian2 proj-bin proj-data python3-configobj python3-espeak python3-gi-cairo python3-olefile python3-opencv python3-opengl python3-pil python3-pil.imagetk python3-pyqt5.qtsvg python3-pyqt5.qtwebkit tcl-tclreadline geotiff-bin gdal-bin glew-utils libgtksourceview-3.0-doc libhdf4-doc libhdf4-alt-dev hdf4-tools odbc-postgresql tdsodbc ogdi-bin python-configobj-doc libgle3 python-pil-doc python3-pil-dbg python3-pil.imagetk-dbg python3-sqlalchemy netcat

git clone https://github.com/kcjengr/qtpyvcp
    cd qtpyvcp
    python3 -m pip install --editable .
    cp scripts/.xsessionrc ~/

Log out and log back in again.

qtpyvcp -h
    qtpyvcp -i

cd ~/qtpyvcp/pyqt5designer/Qt5.15.2-64bit/python3.9/
    sudo ./install.sh

cp -r ~/qtpyvcp/linuxcnc ~/

>>>
QTPyVCP Sims loaded and tested

>>>

PROBE_BASIC
    git clone https://github.com/kcjengr/probe_basic -b python3 probe_basic

cd probe_basic

qcompile .

python3 -m pip install --editable .

cd

cp -r ~/probe_basic/probe_basic/fonts/ ~/.local/share/

cp -r ~/probe_basic/config/probe_basic/ ~/linuxcnc/configs/

python3 -m pip install git+https://github.com/kcjengr/qtpyvcp.conversational-gcode.git

Attachments:
Last edit: 26 May 2022 16:33 by robertspark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2022 12:51 #243891 by billykid
Replied by billykid on topic Robertspark's CNC Setup
hi, i tried to install the image but i got some errors. sudo geany /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf creates a new file for me because it doesn't exist ... qtpyvcp -h qtpyvcp -i these two commands also return an error and the last pip install git + https: //github.com/kcjengr/qtpyvcp.conversational-gcode.git now i had to stop next time i will try to be more precise however kernel preempt-rt is installed and qt too.

More
26 May 2022 14:44 #243900 by robertspark
what distro are you using?

what desktop application are you using?

you need to log out and back in before running
qtpyvcp -h qtpyvcp -i

I can get qtpuvcp to work and run up to there.

this line

is to set the automatic login.... it requires that you use the light desktop manager... and if you install the xfce desktop that should install...if you are using mate, qt or cinnamon or lxde I am not sure what desktop manager they use.

this was just my work in progress post... hence it has no text other than commands.

I installed a clean Debian bullseye install, built and installed linuxcnc then was working around to qtvcp....then wiped it when I was messing with probe basic as I wanted to check that my install of dependencies was correct to try another route.... hence this was not really set as a working config for anyone but just a list of commands that I was working through and tweaking
The following user(s) said Thank You: billykid

More
26 May 2022 15:52 #243911 by tripwire
Replied by tripwire on topic Robertspark's CNC Setup
Thanks for this recipe, Robert!

I have a few, hopefully not too naive questions:

1. Is the dangling "libeditreadline-dev" just part of the sudo apt install, i.e. it should just follow "python3-pip"?

2. Referring to the following:
scroll down to line ~ 126 and remove the # + add your user name from:
    #autologin-user=
    #autologin-user-timeout=0
quiet splash isolcpus=2,3 intel_idle.max_cstate=0 processor.max_cstate=0 acpi_irq_nobalance noirqbalance

I assume this is optional just to improve real time performance? I've seen /etc/default/grub modified with the isolcpus parameters. What is /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf?

3. Is this an installation of Probe Basic that will work with Bullseye and Python3 ? That's quite ground-breaking!

I think I understand the rest. After I hear back, I'll give it a try...

Thanks!

More
26 May 2022 16:47 - 26 May 2022 16:52 #243925 by tripwire
Did you edit your recipe? I think you clarified a few things since I saw it last. Thanks!

But, unless I missed it, I see no command to reboot. This would be necessary before checking the real time kernel with uname -a, correct?

Last edit: 26 May 2022 16:52 by tripwire.

More
26 May 2022 16:53 #243926 by billykid
Replied by billykid on topic Robertspark's CNC Setup
I understand now that you are trying ... however I installed the linked image at the beginning of the post, only I left gnome instead of xfce. I try to install with xfce again I have a test disk, the working one is safe.

More
26 May 2022 16:58 #243927 by robertspark
with gnome (never used it)

help.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/...in-automatic.html.en

try

[sudo]
sudo geany /etc/gdm/custom.conf

[daemon]
AutomaticLoginEnable=True
AutomaticLogin=username
[/code]
Replace the username with the user that you want to be automatically logged in.

More
26 May 2022 18:50 #243935 by tripwire
I got though the linuxcnc installtion with success! I can run axis!

But here are a few notes that might be helpful:

I rebooted after the first apt install (that included dpkg-dev linux-image-rt-amd64 linux-headers-rt-amd64.) I think that's necessary, correct?

For this step to succeed:
dave@debianDave:~/dev/linuxcnc-dev$ dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc

I had to install libtk-img
sudo apt install libtk-img

After the step above, you must cd .. to where the debs are, correct?

(I skipped the grub customization step because I wanted to do a before and after comparison. It didn't affect the installation.)

I didn't try it because it caused errors before, but would the no-docs option work?

I'm going to do a timeshift now, before installing qtpyvcp, so I can get back to a working lcnc if something happens. That might take a while...

Thanks again!

More
26 May 2022 22:28 #243951 by robertspark
sorry i didnt list all the cd commands

nodocs wont work (i tried it)

i believe this was removed due to debian bookworm integration so the build takes for ever with a whole load of docs i dont install.

(sometimes progress is moving backwards...)

More
26 May 2022 23:54 #243958 by tripwire
It all works!
I just installed qtpyvcp and everything is great. (I'm now back to where I was over a week ago...

Thanks Robert!

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds