Zenford Zeigler Retrofit

More
09 Jun 2018 23:29 #112103 by snoozer77
Replied by snoozer77 on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit
Thanks Andy. Will start with that and go from there. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2018 11:44 #112127 by snoozer77
After playing around with the halmeter for a while. I didnt have much luck with setp hm2_5i24.0.analogout.00.vale 0.2. i have no pin or parameter in halmeter with hm2_5i24.0.analogout.00

At the moment, i have 1 resolver plugged into the 7i49, using cable power. i was hoping to excite the resolver and maybe show a position or angle or anything in halmeter or halscope, but i dont understand the software setup enough to achieve much.

Is there any documentation on the required hal commands and 7i49 setup other than whats in the 7i49 manual??

More
10 Jun 2018 12:38 #112133 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit
I was guessing the name of the analogue outputs. As I said, tab-completion is a big help for getting the names right.

also, you can use the HAL "show" commands
show pin
show sig
show funct

With the resolver wired in, and the 7i49 connected to the resolver, and the 5i24 powered and with the read/write threads running, then you should be able to see the resolver position in a halmeter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snoozer77

More
11 Jun 2018 00:07 #112161 by snoozer77
It always amazes me how hardware actually runs much better when you plug them into the correct connector. Had the 7i49 plugged into P2 instead of P4...... If i keep that stuff up, this will be a long build... haha

Thanks for the hal commands,

There is something oddly satisfying about watching the signals in halmeter and halscope....... maybe its just a noob thing... haha

Thanks again

More
11 Jun 2018 00:20 #112164 by andypugh

maybe its just a noob thing.

Definitely not a noob thing. I do it all the time (I was doing it today). It's the best way to isolate small parts of a bigger system to see what is really going on.

More
11 Jun 2018 00:53 #112166 by snoozer77
The noob part definately wasnt using the halmeter. it was being so excited just to see some numbers on the meter, instead of 0. haha :)

More
11 Jun 2018 02:02 #112169 by snoozer77
Andy, Do you happen to have a basic hal, ini file i could look at from your mill. Im also using 5i24, 7i49, 7i44, 7i84. similar to your mill setup. Thought it would be nice to see a working file set, to learn off.
All good if thats not possible.

thanks

More
11 Jun 2018 12:38 #112183 by andypugh

Andy, Do you happen to have a basic hal, ini file i could look at from your mill.

I will try to remember to post it tonight. But be aware that it is far from simple now, and runs a rather unique firmware (7i49 + 7i39)

More
11 Jun 2018 13:03 #112185 by snoozer77
Thanks Andy. No great hurry. After playing with the resolvers in terminal, i finally got axis to load up after editing a 5i23 servo and encoder setup in pncconfig. i have your lathe hal and ini to help work out the changes needed to get the resolvers to be accepted in my hal.

I did have a query about some gpio pins that keep changing state from true to false in halmeter? Its only from gpio.002.in to gpio.010.in.not. All other gpio are either true or false. I have only the 7i49 connected to the 5i24 at this stage.

Matt

More
11 Jun 2018 13:25 #112188 by andypugh
If the GPIO are not connected to anything then possibly they are picking up RFI from somewhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snoozer77

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds