Zenford Zeigler Retrofit

More
16 Jul 2018 02:34 #114261 by Marz1987
Replied by Marz1987 on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit
Hi Snoozer,
Hows your retrofit coming along ?,
I'm also retrofitting a 1984 Zenford Ziegler, has had all the axis servo and drives pinched, so I'm going with AC servos for the axis with Cslabs controller and hoping to use the DC spindle servo and hyperloop driver.
I would love if you could email some of the wring diagrams for the hyperloop driver.
Where about are you located ?, Im in Geelong.
Cheers
Marcel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2018 02:43 #114263 by snoozer77
Replied by snoozer77 on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit
I have a hyperloop manual. I will try copy it for you. Between that and the drawings, should be easy to do. My machine is coming along slowly. Im using the original servos and drives. I managed to get 6 spare drives off ebay. Out of the 9 drives i have, i managed to get 3 opperational. The others have various problems. Luckily i only need 3. But a couple of spares would be nice. Im Hoping to start playing with limits and hooking up my mesa hardware to it soon.

More
16 Jul 2018 02:54 #114265 by Marz1987
My mate has full operational machine with ANCA controller, which Ive used abit. Great machines.(but no manuals)
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

It would be awesome if you could copy the hyperloop stuff. my emails is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
16 Jul 2018 03:02 #114267 by snoozer77
Is there anything in particular you need in a hurry. I can post pics here pretty easy. Not sure when i would be able to copy the whole manual. I saw a zenford on gumtree in nsw. Is that the one you got?

More
16 Jul 2018 03:03 - 16 Jul 2018 03:20 #114268 by snoozer77
I also have 2 or 3 anca programming manuals. Im in the latrobe valley. I was going to go with ac servos if i have problems with the old original ones.
Last edit: 16 Jul 2018 03:20 by snoozer77.

More
16 Jul 2018 03:53 #114271 by Marz1987
Not that one but I did enquire about it, it will go cheap!, probably a better base to start with than my machine, but mine was up the road.
If you can post pics of the power in to the hyperloop and the control in. also the part in the cabinet next to the hyperloop , below the fuses, I'm also missing this item.
I've gone with 750w ac servo's so I have to make a 2:1 belt gearing, abit of work but will be worth it.

More
16 Jul 2018 04:03 #114273 by snoozer77
No probs. Will post when i get home. I would like to get the one in nsw. But transport will prob be as much as the machine..

More
16 Jul 2018 04:10 #114275 by snoozer77
Do you have the original transformer, contactor, etc for the spindle?

More
16 Jul 2018 04:42 #114276 by snoozer77
Found drawings at work. Pin 20 and 21 are 24v drive fault. line 2381 (24v+) comes through a set of limit switches, through the axis servo drives, into the spindle drive and comes out pin 21 (if no fault) through wire 4230 to the controller. All other conections are shown. hopefully you have transformer (T2), contactor (K4) and inductor (L1). This drawing is for resolver feedback. apparently, some of the later spindles went to AC with encoder feedback. Not sure if your controll will accept resolver, but im not farmiliar with the CSLabs control.

Yell out if there is anything else you need to know. I will try help.

Cheers

Matt
Attachments:

More
16 Jul 2018 05:05 #114278 by Marz1987
Champion that great thanks,
got the transformer and inductor but not the contactor by the looks.
Got quoted $1500 for the freight for the sydney machine, deciced that money would be better spent on electronics on this machine.
I can get hold of a dc siemens simdrivee 611 spindle driver as my next option if the hyperloop is a no go.
Cheers.
P.s sorry to hijack your thread!.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.636 seconds