Zenford Zeigler Retrofit

More
22 Oct 2018 17:04 #119211 by snoozer77
Replied by snoozer77 on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit
10 week wait on 7i29...sigh...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2018 17:41 #119212 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit

10 week wait on 7i29...sigh...

Did you try mesaus.com or eusurplus.com ?

More
22 Oct 2018 19:59 #119217 by snoozer77
Mesaus. Didnt see 7i29 listed at all on eusurplus.

More
11 Dec 2018 08:20 #122183 by Marz1987
Replied by Marz1987 on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit
Hey mate,
How's your retrofit going ?, mines been slow progress but we have all axis moving, and spindle motor and driver test working. Could I trouble you for some pics of wiring diagram to the spindle motor, previous one with driver doesn't contain all wires. Here's some photos of my machine
Attachments:

More
11 Dec 2018 13:24 #122206 by snoozer77
The one i originally sent through is the only one. Im not sure what extra wires you have. Everything i have is in the wiring diagrams and in the hyperloop manual i sent through to you. Only worked on my touchscreen and controller recently. Been playing with some mesa hardware and linuxcnc on my little router. Cheaper and easy to fix if i crash it while i get used to the hardware/software. Hoping to get a bit dine over my Christmas break.

More
11 Dec 2018 22:30 #122238 by Marz1987
We have the 2 heavy gauge wires, 2 light gauge wires red and black/white for tack signal but will also have another 2 light gauge red wires which I can't see in the diagram, had a look in my mates machine but impossible to trace with out probing anything.
We have the hydraulic tool release set up on a button (tool changer is a long way off)
And the high/ low speed for the gearbox on a switch for the time being, should have the resolver swapped to an encoder this week then if we get the spindle motor going properly we should be making swarf!.

More
12 Dec 2018 06:43 #122245 by snoozer77
I havnt even looked at my spindle yet. I could look tomorrow, but im assuming motor overload to the drive. You Didn't mention if the wires were from the drive or the motor. Im guessing motor wires. The other servos ive looked at, that have o/l wiring, has continuity when motor is happy, and open circuit when there is a problem (this could also be absolutely wrong.... Haha). Will update tomorrow when i have a look. Cheers.

More
13 Dec 2018 03:58 #122348 by snoozer77
here is a pic of my inputs into the hyperloop. you could have a look and see if they match yours. Like i said, not sure if the 2 unknown wires are coming from your motor or drive. Cheers
Attachments:

More
13 Dec 2018 04:16 #122349 by Marz1987
Thanks for that, we have the same wiring at the driver as this, I think what you say about a fault line to the controller could be correct, the guage of the wire means it can only be signal of some sort. I think the issue maybe the we currently are not using contacter K4 and just have it hard wired, or our 0v signal from the cs labs is putting out some voltage. the other problem we can only put out +ve voltage, so will need to add polarity inverting, fun and games. Appreciate your help.

More
13 Dec 2018 04:18 #122350 by snoozer77
There is 3 pairs of small red and white wires on the left side. These are Analog inputs for drive, spindle speed meter on front of cabinet and tacho. 2 small orange wires are external fault, coming from limit switches and the axis drives. Hope this might help.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.750 seconds