Hurco KMB-IS CNC update

More
27 Aug 2020 20:27 #179736 by CORBETT
Replied by CORBETT on topic Hurco KMB-IS CNC update

LOL you ain't joking about the secret decoder ring... probably stashed at some Tibetan temple in the mountains of Nepal
I just got back in town. I still have some work to do but will be back.

Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2020 00:48 #179764 by CORBETT

There are currently three similar motors on Ebay. Part numbers are 0703-02-039 and 0703-02-049.
www.ebay.com/itm/Electro-Craft-0703-02-0...b:g:oboAAOSwhvpdxwcK

Yes that is the exact auction I was referring to back a few days ago. When you make a offer, I would put in the message to him about the wear, and emphasize that they could be pretty wore already and if the price is high, then you can just put that money to a new setup. Some people are steadfast in their prices and other think about what you state and work with you. I would say it in a nice way like...

"I've been on the fence about making a offer as I have one that is bad... .but hesitate as they are probably like mine and very wore. So I would be throwing good money after bad and could just put that towards a new servo, but I wanted to make this offer as I would go this route if you accept... and if you are not wanting to come down to my offer then I understand and will move on and not bother you."

Most of the time you will get a better response of why you are offering cheap, and not just trying to low ball them.... hopefully it's not setup with a set price and automatic decline as I hate when people setup that way as they don't read your message... then you have to email and hope for a reply.

Will post more in a bit,
Robert

More
28 Aug 2020 01:21 #179768 by CORBETT

The two existing paths are analog with I think 200 clicks per turn encoders.

Back several post you thought the encoders were 200 ppr. I believe you have the newer encoders for the BX upgrade, as one picture I saw from way back I thought had the newer black friction mount encoders. If you have those black type, then you will have 1,000 ppr but if they are the silver looking type that bolt on the rear of the motor, then that is the 200 ppr. I will attach a pic of the original 200 ppr model, and I will get a pic of the 1000 ppr model on my machine so you can compare to see what you have. Plus, there should be a white tag on the encoder plastic cover that has the model number. In that model number, it will have the pulse per revolution (PPR) number. Those covers break really easy so be aware they are fragile. You have already seen them in the Ebay auction, but wanted to put it up for reference.

Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2020 01:25 #179769 by CORBETT
I think this is the type that you have. I will get a pic of mine, but here is pic off the web.

Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2020 01:49 #179774 by CORBETT

Also while on the subject of encoders.... here are some Omron encoders that you will see on Ebay for as low as $20 shipped from China. They are fake, but I use them for testing. I have 3 of them myself.

The real Omron encoders cost a little over $500 each new, so when I found out how much they cost I started checking into why they were $20 on Ebay, of course fake LOL. I thought they were actually real when I first got them as they look just like the real thing. But I am sure the bearings aren't good and everything else sub par.

I am not going to use them on any machine, but they would be good for a MPG on the pendant and learning purposes. Just wanted to share so you were aware for the future...

This is the type:

Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2020 03:31 #179780 by CORBETT

Leith,

Nothing special, but another page found for the motor. This isn't from Hurco but was in a book listing the manufactures and their products for back in that era. I think the book was from 1993.

Robert

Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2020 05:17 #179784 by CORBETT

Leith,

Ok, I may have to backtrack on the encoders being 1000ppr for your machine. You will be able to check and confirm with the other pics I sent, but I went and checked out your MPU board. I was able to blow it up enough to see the part number and I checked it to see if it was the "BX" MPU as it did look different. It turns out you have a "B" board and that is probably why the one I am thinking of had more plugs. I am not sure if 1000 line encoders would work with a B board as I was under the impression you had to stay with whatever the MPU board was designed for. in other words, 200 for B and 1000 for BX. When you check the encoders, it should confirm this part... then again, you could have a board that came from another machine.. we will never know, LOL.

Got to get in bed, after 1am... will be back tomorrow.

Robert

Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2020 17:59 #179859 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic Hurco KMB-IS CNC update
A bit late. But you normaly get such a bad collector if there is something bad with the wiring. Broken winding etc. Then you get a high voltage spark that heats and burns the neighbored copper bars.
You can get repared if you have some shop who is specialized on motor rewinding. Quite few peoples in these days here in Switzerland... Last near to me died a few yesrs agoo. :-(
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: CORBETT, _big_

More
28 Aug 2020 19:47 #179871 by CORBETT
Hello to you Mike in Switzerland… I have always wanted to come to your country and hike the Oberland....

More
28 Aug 2020 19:56 #179872 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic Hurco KMB-IS CNC update
And we normaly go hiking for a couple of weeks in Origon. Was planned in September. Sniff, we will not see our friends this year. No the best times.
Mike

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds