Remora - Rpi Software Stepping Using External Microcontroller via SPI

More
19 Dec 2021 09:00 #229475 by tommylight
Me neither, hence my question.
It is very hard to source stuff here so i have to make do with what i can.
I do have 8 Creality printers, i think only the CR-30 uses a 32 bit board, and any software change leaves the built in screen useless (on Ender 5 it is usable with Klipper). Pitty as the screens are fairly good. BTW i got the CR-30 for 285 Euros, a local company keeps messing up prices and i keep buying them. :)
When i get tired of leveling the bed on that croocked thing, i'll see if i can shoehorn Remora in it. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2021 18:00 - 19 Dec 2021 18:48 #229499 by cakeslob
we need to set up a shipping distribution center for you so you can get parts and play with us. most of the aliexpress guys do DHL shipping, but sometimes is pricy if just 1 item.

ok, since i dont think that rar worked out i figured out how to do a github i think
github.com/cakeslob/Remora/tree/develop/...areSource/Remora-OS5

hmm i need to figure out bootloader stuff now for these boards
Last edit: 19 Dec 2021 18:48 by cakeslob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 Dec 2021 23:47 #229526 by scotta

we need to set up a shipping distribution center for you so you can get parts and play with us. most of the aliexpress guys do DHL shipping, but sometimes is pricy if just 1 item.

ok, since i dont think that rar worked out i figured out how to do a github i think
github.com/cakeslob/Remora/tree/develop/...areSource/Remora-OS5

hmm i need to figure out bootloader stuff now for these boards

Thanks for making a great start. I've made a few corrections like vector table offsets and interrupt NVIC.

The Monster8 looks straight forward as it's the same base as the SKR2.

The Spider on the other hand is the 446 which I don't think we have running correctly yet due to clock config issues.

BR
Scott

More
19 Dec 2021 23:48 #229527 by scotta
BTW these additional boards an bin files are now in the Develop branch. Thanks cakeslob for your help.

More
20 Dec 2021 00:32 #229529 by cakeslob
ah wicked, thanks for checking it out and fixing it, looks like i was pretty close. I have to double check the 446VET config part to make sure its the same as 446ZET same as octopus, but there seems to be little work done on mbed with the 446ZE and even less work done with the 446VET, they dont even have a target config for it in the github, only on mbedos website listed under b96b_446. Ill make a config and test it out after dinner.

I have been over the clock file you made, and the clock file in the other firmwares/the 407 clock file with a fine tooth comb, and just about everything seems the same and in the right place and compiles fine it just doesnt kick into gear. Ive been looking for the offical mbed 446ZET boards, but they are backordered and not expected to be in stock until sept 2022....

More
23 Dec 2021 14:24 #229808 by cakeslob
Re- monster8
The good news is i get bad spi payload ffffffff, so something is working
The bad news is it doesnt come out of estop and I cannot connect to uart. so something isnt working.

More
23 Dec 2021 20:48 #229830 by scotta
Hmm, this is always the challenge with new board. Did the firmware flash? The Monster8 uses a 64kB bootloader offset. 0xC000 vs 0x8000 like the SKR boards.

Anything on the uart at all? If nothing then the firmware hasn't booted. If rubbish then a buad rate / system clock setup issue.

More
23 Dec 2021 23:59 #229837 by cakeslob
ok it was incorrectly loaded firmware. I did it just now and ,it loaded the firmware, i have uart, but its reporting no filesystem found

More
25 Dec 2021 21:56 #229991 by scotta
One step closer. Did you have a config.txt on the SD card? Does is "fail" and show a crazy JSON length?

If is just hangs at no filesystem then it's trying to mount a poorly formatted SD card.

More
26 Dec 2021 05:10 #230005 by cakeslob
hmm yeah it says
No File system found...opening "/fs/config.txt"... Fail :(
json config length -167

Yeah, I def had the config loaded this time

Its the same SD card I use for all my remora boards
i figured fs meant filesystem, or do i need to make an /fs/ directory?

File Attachment:

File Name: config.txt
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds