Remora - Rpi Software Stepping Using External Microcontroller via SPI

More
13 Jan 2022 12:55 #231655 by Zuo99
Thank you very much for answering my question, I contacted the thermistor seller and determined the parameters I needed from the information he gave
"beta": 3990,
"r0": 100000,
"t0": 25
Thanks again for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2022 14:54 #231766 by cakeslob
Hey Scott, is the STM32F429xG supported in mbed 5.15? I see the 429xI is supported , but I dont see anything in the stm32 targets for 5.15
Im trying to test out the Octopus pro with stm32f429ZE , and in a few weeks, testing the revised SKR2 with stm32f429VG,
I based my custom target on what was in the mbed os lib, which was a stm32f429xI, but when I compile, I get a this error
forums.mbed.com/t/no-linker-script-found/10852
so I am unsure if it is related to a typo or if it isnt there in the lib. Do I need to do the thing you did with the stm32f103xC ?

Here is what I have so far, I messed up the github upload, but you get the idea
github.com/cakeslob/Remora/tree/octopus-pro-429

github.com/cakeslob/Remora/commit/589d72...28551d8da0ea0ca3df24
Im gonna clean it up more after work, but I figured I would ask before I spend a bunch of time on it.
As always, your patience is appreciated
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
14 Jan 2022 22:32 #231811 by scotta
Hi cakeslob, 

So great that you are helping to add more targets. And yes it looks like there are reference targets to use as a base.

There is an 429xI target with the linker scripts for the various tool chains.

\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_STM\TARGET_STM32F4\TARGET_STM32F429xI\device

Your custom target is looking for a 429xG target. It would appear that the only difference between the xI and xG is that the xG has less Flash memory. 

Try using the xI target to see if it will compile.

I've just created an 429ZG project in STMCubeIDE so if we need to try and create a true custom target we should be able to pull details from this.

More
14 Jan 2022 23:58 #231824 by cakeslob
this one will work, i got a good feeling about this one.

Ok, thanks scott, changing it to STM32F429ZI, did the trick, but it brings me to another issue that im getting when i try and compile for the ROBIN_E3, SKR_MINI_E3, and now with the octopus 429. when I try and compile these 3 targets , I get the same error

[Error] mbed_rtx.h@137,2: "INITIAL_SP is not defined for this target in the mbed_rtx.h file"
[ERROR] In file included from .\mbed-os\platform\source\mbed_error.c:30:
./mbed-os/targets/TARGET_STM\mbed_rtx.h:137:2: error: "INITIAL_SP is not defined for this target in the mbed_rtx.h file"
#error "INITIAL_SP is not defined for this target in the mbed_rtx.h file"

More
15 Jan 2022 01:20 #231839 by scotta
INITIAL_SP is pulled in from the rtos . That’s excluded in bare metal. Have you configured for bare metal build?

More
15 Jan 2022 19:57 #231914 by wazza77
Hi Scott
I have rebuilt my Linux installation and started testing I have verified my serial port with a loopback it works
I get Bad SPI payload = 0 with no board connected and
Bad SPI payload = fffffff with the board connected
I have not been able to get my old logic analyser connected (old bitscope and I mean old 15y+ field use Australia Russia Oman Singapore)
so have not sniffed the packets, but essentially I am getting no reply from the board I wanted to ask what start address do you use for that bin file is it 0x08000000?

More
15 Jan 2022 20:35 #231920 by wazza77
also is the baud rate still 115200 for serial coms

More
15 Jan 2022 20:45 #231926 by cakeslob
Ok, I dont kniow anything about the bare metal build, but I think I just missed an I or a Z somewhere in the custom targets json, so I have it built, like normal.

edit, holy shit it works, finally a working one thanks for the help scott , ill upload the stuff in a moment
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotta

More
15 Jan 2022 21:01 #231932 by cakeslob
 hey wazza , try playing with this one in hal
loadrt remora chip_type=STM SPI_clk_div=16
try setting it to 32, or 64, depending on how long your cable is, I use this for trouble shooting

Do you get anything in uart from the board? Im going to assume it is writing to 0x8000000, but you can check where its writing using your stlink and st-utils or st-tools to see where its writing. the black board config is using most of the stuff from the seeed arch max config,

Here is the info about the board from an mbed os perspective, under board features it says theres some bootloader selection pins so that might be worth looking into aswell

os.mbed.com/users/hudakz/code/STM32F407VET6_Hello/shortlog/
os.mbed.com/platforms/Seeed-Arch-Max/
The following user(s) said Thank You: wazza77

More
15 Jan 2022 21:11 #231934 by wazza77
Morning cakeslob
0x8000000 is the standard location in ST utility I was just wondering if there had been an allowance for a boot loader etc.
I get nothing from the uart I'm trying to eliminate everything I can should I receive data from uart the instant it powers up

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds