Remora - Rpi Software Stepping Using External Microcontroller via SPI

More
09 Jan 2022 16:18 - 09 Jan 2022 16:22 #231252 by cakeslob
hey wazza, for the pins they go 
SPI
pa4,pa5,pa6,pa7
uart
PA9,PA10
you have your reset pin set to PB8, so you will need to hook that up to the rpi aswell. 

see if just loading the bin and the config on the sd card get results

edit, hey you have a blinky module on pa7 which we use for spi, so idk if that will work properly
Last edit: 09 Jan 2022 16:22 by cakeslob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wazza77

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2022 05:23 #231285 by wazza77
Tanks cakeslob
blinky on pa7 was due to trying to use spi1 on pb3,4,5 etc but due to these being so configurable that was the choice. as for the bin on the sd card, I didn't know that these had a boot loader

More
10 Jan 2022 10:46 #231296 by wazza77
ok I have tried with the .bin on the sd card no change I am connected as cakeslob suggested, I scoped the pins I am not getting an sclk signal from the rpi I have i pi3 here I will try on tomorrow and a few other spi based devices that I should be able to connect to test things out

More
11 Jan 2022 00:25 #231374 by cakeslob
Sorry, you are correct it looks like there is no bootloader. 
What does the terminal output from linuxcnc look like when you try and get out of estop?
Just to cover bases, you have the remora comp installed and the RPI has SPI turned on?

More
11 Jan 2022 03:14 #231384 by wazza77

Sorry, you are correct it looks like there is no bootloader. 
What does the terminal output from linuxcnc look like when you try and get out of estop?
Just to cover bases, you have the remora comp installed and the RPI has SPI turned on

Yes the remora comp is installed and spi is on and this is the output from the terminal window I tried getting out of estop twice
and like I say I can't see any activity on the spi bus  

File Attachment:

File Name: Terminaloutput.txt
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

More
11 Jan 2022 04:12 #231390 by scotta
It's not necessary to enable the RPi SPI in the raspi-config utility as the Remora component utilises a compiled in driver, not the spidev driver.

No SPI output is really strange and for I'd first eliminate anything on the controller board side by disconnecting it and just putting the logic analyser directly onto the Pi CLK and MOSI pins to ensure the Pi is outputting a read request header when the eStop button is pressed.

More
11 Jan 2022 04:47 #231396 by wazza77
righto mate ill give that a try, when I scoped out the CLK pin I had it disconnected on a side note on the MISO, and MOSI pins are LEDs on this board that pulls the lines to 2v through a 510-ohm resistor is this set up to pull it low? also cs is high and I don't see it pulling it low

More
11 Jan 2022 13:38 #231440 by wazza77
my logic analyzer looks doa so I just used the scope I'm not seeing anything on the pins when it's disconnected from the stm i will try to re do my linuxcnc installation tomorow it's almost midnight here need sleep

More
12 Jan 2022 02:57 #231518 by Zuo99
Thanks to everyone in the forum for your help, I am currently using REMORA to complete the transformation of the 3D printer. My printer model is Prusa i3.
The problem I'm having at the moment is about Temperature
{
     "Thread": "Servo",
     "Type": "Temperature",
             "Comment": "temp0",
             "PV": "2",
             "Sensor": "thermistor",
                     "thermistor":
                     {
                             "Pin": "0.23",
                             "beta": 5,
                             "r0": 10000,
                             "t0": 200
                     }
     },

I use the skr1.4turbo board, I want to know how to set the parameters here, the bigtreetech document adopts this

temperature_control.hotend.thermistor EPCOS100K

I read the example on github. It seems to be set according to MKS SBASE. The skr board only uses the basic settings. Do you have similar work? Thank you for reading

Zuo

More
12 Jan 2022 13:13 #231562 by Aaroncnc
are you asking how to find the values for the beta r0 and t0?
www.ametherm.com/thermistor/ntc-thermistor-beta

Or if you want to trust other users data scroll down here for the values
reprap.org/wiki/Thermistor

// EPCOS 100K Thermistor (B57540G0104F000)
// Thermistor lookup table for RepRap Temperature Sensor Boards (make.rrrf.org/ts)
// Made with createTemperatureLookup.py (svn.reprap.org/trunk/reprap/firmware/Ard...TemperatureLookup.py)
// ./createTemperatureLookup.py --r0=100000 --t0=25 --r1=0 --r2=4700 --beta=4066 --max-adc=1023
// r0: 100000
// t0: 25
// r1: 0
// r2: 4700
// beta: 4066
// max adc: 1023
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zuo99

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds