linuxcnc-esp32 Software Stepping over Ethernet Using ESP32

More
26 Apr 2022 02:58 #241260 by eng
did you do any new configuration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2022 17:30 #243821 by jzolee
Unfortunately I have very little time for development, but I uploaded it to github: github.com/jzolee/HAL2UDP
It works great for me, obviously it's only for hobby purposes. I will probably only improve further if someone has a suggestion for improvement.

More
25 May 2022 22:43 #243854 by eng
I'm studying to use rmt, I made some changes but using rmt but without much success, now I'm studying the linux DDS implemented in remora to try something with esp, I don't see the need for more inputs and outputs for use basic of a machine with 3 axes, and that's why I'm focusing on esp32.

More
10 Jun 2022 09:21 #244852 by viewtop1
HI Zjolee
When I compile the github source, I get 2 warnings. Are these to be worried about?

Executing task in folder HAL2UDP-original-main: platformio run --environment esp32doit-devkit-v1 <

Compiling .pio/build/esp32doit-devkit-v1/FrameworkArduino/esp32-hal-spi.c.o
/Users/eto/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif32/cores/esp32/esp32-hal-spi.c: In function 'spiTransferBytesNL':
/Users/eto/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif32/cores/esp32/esp32-hal-spi.c:922:39: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
                 uint8_t * last_out8 = &result[c_longs-1];
                                       ^
/Users/eto/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif32/cores/esp32/esp32-hal-spi.c:923:40: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
                 uint8_t * last_data8 = &last_data;

More
10 Jun 2022 15:19 - 10 Jun 2022 16:24 #244877 by viewtop1
Thought it compiled without warning, but I was wrong. Warning still there...

Last edit: 10 Jun 2022 16:24 by viewtop1. Reason: Thought it compiled without warning, but I was wrong. Warning still there...

More
14 Jun 2022 20:30 #245147 by jzolee
Hi, I had that warning too, but I had no problem with it

More
15 Jun 2022 20:44 #245224 by viewtop1
HI JZolee
Would you possibly be able to add encoder functionality from github.com/dlhenke/linuxcnc-esp32  into the code?  My Programming skills are nowhere near the level required to make this work. I know you posted that you have very limited development time, but this would be greatly appreciated.
I made a PCB for the ESP32
3 Axis, TMC2225 / Stepstick type things
3 encoder inputs A,B, Index 
3 Limits switches ( Inductive Sensors)
3 Digital Outputs
The Board will need a V2 to fix some issues, but it works for me. I will gladly share the schematics / gerbers and I have some spare blank boards too should anyone want V1.

Doing the encoder using the UDP.IN pins limits the max Spindle speed. So the Encoder should give spindle position feedback.
I am trying to CNC a Mini lathe. ( I say trying... but in truth I have not gotten further than moving the axes and homing...)
Halscope sees the all the inputs though.

Another question... How would one invert a pin signal. I included an Enable signal, And was able to get the signal to come on when Axis is taken out of estop / Machine ON, but then realised I actually need to ENABLE to go LOW rather than HIGH. 
Also similar issue will arise with encoder inputs, it might be needed to invert the signals

Long message for something that equates to begging for your coding time...
Thanks

Attachments:

More
21 Jun 2022 15:31 #245541 by eng
through the studies done with remora, i managed to use dds with esp32, i'm still on the study bench, i'm getting pulses with more than 200khz, this is not my area but i'm learning little by little.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bari

More
25 Jun 2022 22:14 #245887 by scotta

through the studies done with remora, i managed to use dds with esp32, i'm still on the study bench, i'm getting pulses with more than 200khz, this is not my area but i'm learning little by little.

Hi eng, great to hear. Could you share your implementation? I'd love to be able to increase the step rate in Remora.

More
26 Jun 2022 14:48 #245926 by eng
i'm still learning about programming, i just took its structure from dds and put it inside a void IRAM_ATTR onTime_0() the same we used here in esp32, and used your .c
with some simple changes, I hope to make it the same as jzolee, as soon as everything is working correctly I will make it available on github so we can use it because at the moment everything is new to me and I don't have enough knowledge to discuss about it, I'm going in trial and error with some basic calculations.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds