Axis Modifications

More
07 May 2023 16:59 #270869 by D.L.
Replied by D.L. on topic Axis Modifications
A small improvement to my mod: icons have been added to show the enabling of the adaptive feed and the spindle-at-speed signal.

The spindle-at-speed signal is connected only in the custom_postgui.hal file, for example:
net spindle-at-speed => axisui.display-spindle-at-speed

Mod links:
github.com/ddotldot/linuxcnc/tree/2.8-axis-mod
github.com/ddotldot/linuxcnc/tree/2.8-ax...-updated-mesa-driver
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2023 22:22 #277677 by Vector
Replied by Vector on topic Axis Modifications
Sorry to circle the discussion back to a very old question in this thread...

But I can't find the axis.py file.

I'm on LinuxCNC 2.9.0-pre1-1066-g8fd469d67 on Bookworm, using the update repository.

I found the source on github, at =11.0ptlinuxcnc/src/emc/usr_intf/axis/scripts,  so that's helpful

I found axis.tcl at /usr/share/axis/tcl/

Where does one go to figure out how to write/modify a custom layout python script? I thought those were the two pieces (axis.py and axis.tcl). I mainly want to make items bigger for ease on aging eyes and for clicking the right buttons. I'm having some success working from other axis examples, but they don't all hit the panel items I want to hit, so I need to know their names and properties.

That stuff is probably all in axis.tcl, but I feel somehow incomplete. :-/

More
11 Aug 2023 23:38 #277683 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Axis Modifications

Sorry to circle the discussion back to a very old question in this thread...

But I can't find the axis.py file.

I'm on LinuxCNC 2.9.0-pre1-1066-g8fd469d67 on Bookworm, using the update repository.

I found the source on github, at =11.0ptlinuxcnc/src/emc/usr_intf/axis/scripts,  so that's helpful

I found axis.tcl at /usr/share/axis/tcl/

Where does one go to figure out how to write/modify a custom layout python script? I thought those were the two pieces (axis.py and axis.tcl). I mainly want to make items bigger for ease on aging eyes and for clicking the right buttons. I'm having some success working from other axis examples, but they don't all hit the panel items I want to hit, so I need to know their names and properties.

That stuff is probably all in axis.tcl, but I feel somehow incomplete. :-/

its mixed into both. the best, most mobile way to do it is with axisrc, or usercommand.py file
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/gui/axis.html#_user_command_file

(shameless self plug) check out this axis mod, i have a thing in there for text size. you can use it as reference
forum.linuxcnc.org/21-axis/49372-regular...od-based-on-plasmac2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vector

More
12 Aug 2023 03:35 #277693 by Vector
Replied by Vector on topic Axis Modifications
OMG, this is awesome! I was specifically working on making those darn buttons bigger, and you've already gone and solved that.

Thank you thank you.

I might tweak it ever-so-slightly, but you've saved me a boatload of squinting and suffering! Thank you.

More
12 Aug 2023 20:11 #277748 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Axis Modifications
if you do something cool, post it up, or if you have any issues or questions about it feel free to ask in the other thread and we can take care of it probably

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds