Gildemeister NEF 480 Retrofit

More
03 Feb 2021 20:50 - 03 Feb 2021 20:52 #197592 by anfänger
thanks, you are probably right it‘s just I wish I found more will to go to the shop after work.

File Attachment:

Estop and the optional Modbus interface for the VFD arrived.
Also I spend the evening laying out the cabinet.
Now only the spindle encoder is missing for the electrical part.

What I am not sure about is how and where to put it relative to my mill and the lathe it self...
Last edit: 03 Feb 2021 20:52 by anfänger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2021 22:43 #197690 by anfänger
Started assembling the cabinet. The Mesa card is still not in there, but the rest. Next step is to wire this all up.

File Attachment:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
05 Feb 2021 08:29 #197710 by RotarySMP
Really nice clean layout. At this it always seem like there is unlimited space and the cabinet is too big. That changes fast :)
Mark

More
05 Feb 2021 09:49 #197717 by anfänger
The new stuff is much smaller than the old. And hence the servo‘s are AC now there less power supplies in there.
But it will get more messy when I start routing the wires. Way more messy...

More
07 Feb 2021 08:56 #197898 by anfänger
The new encoder arrived It is way smaller than the old one:

But it was time to make some progress on the cabinet, so I installed the power plug and the switches:

The small switches are for the network devices and the computer, the second turns 5V and 24V power on. This way I can start linuxcnc and test the contactors, relays and IO's. The third is for three phase power.
and I need to patch some unnneded holes later (Three I messed up and one others are old)

The Mesa card was also installed, for this I printed a template and drilled and tapped the holes.

To get the card of the aluminum backing I made spacers on the lathe and then mounted the board:

then I sat an looked at the cabinet to start wiring and realized, that some Ideas I had while planning weren't really practical, so I reorganized some breakers and started wiring:

in the end I got the powers supplies and three phase to alle the devices, so next step is to start wiring the control lines and the two 24 pin Harting plugs to finish the work at the cabinet. This includes the two sub-d 25 connectors fo the servo drive which is a task I thried to ignore so far.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP, tommylight

More
07 Feb 2021 20:44 #197951 by anfänger
File Attachment:

Made the cables for the servo drives to connect them to servo drives.

More
09 Feb 2021 10:05 #198132 by anfänger
Do you know this, you sit down with a nice glass of wine and prepared everything to patch up two 24 pin connectors, open the cable and realise you have ordered a cable which had not enough wires. Then there is a short hope the to few lines will work anyway, till you check your diagram. Long story short instead of making progress I just ordered cables. And have 10m of cable I don‘t need.

More
09 Feb 2021 13:17 #198140 by RotarySMP
Could have been worse. You could have have beennearly finished and started pin 24, only find you had 23 wire cable.

Where do you buy cable from?
Mark

More
09 Feb 2021 15:19 #198153 by anfänger
23 I wouldn‘t have minded, 17 would have been the magic number ;-)

It depends on the cable but mostly:
Kabelscheune, Conrad, Reichelt and Ebay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
11 Feb 2021 10:21 #198378 by Mike_Eitel
Or, long time ago me produced a last, complex high voltage measurement cable. With different shields. And find that your last, inner black ground "cable" is not cooper but a fiber (ca 1983). Few hours before your plane back home leafs.....
From that moment i knew there exist fibres..
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP, tommylight, anfänger

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds