Gildemeister NEF 480 Retrofit

More
08 Sep 2021 17:20 #219977 by anfänger
This is only interesting when running in auto mode.
It looks like I will use two stages of gear change
The only question left is, python or ladder

many thanks all of you for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2021 18:41 #219985 by Aciera
Note that a python component will run in user space (ie non real time).

More
08 Sep 2021 18:50 #219987 by anfänger
I know, does spindle control need to be in realtime? I am not sure.

More
08 Sep 2021 19:02 #219990 by Aciera
I'm not sure either, just something that _might_ need to be considered. Once you issue a feed-hold it doesn't really matter, I guess.

More
08 Sep 2021 19:59 #219996 by anfänger
I'll figure it out or at least I hope.
Linuxcnc and this forum always amazes me

More
22 Feb 2022 20:19 #235550 by hoerny
Hi

Ich klinke mich hier mal ein .
Wir haben die gleiche Maschine und wollen , da die alte Steuerung mittlerweile defekt ist , jetzt nach deinem Vorbild umrüsten .
Gibt es alternativen zu der Steuerkarte die du veraut hast ?
Ist Momentan natürlich ein schwieriges Thema , aber Versuchen kann man es ja mal .

Schönen Gruß
Christoph

More
25 Feb 2022 15:14 #235786 by anfänger
Hi,

kommt drauf an was man machen will :D.
Von Mesa kann man auch andere Karten nehmen, diese war für mich eine gute all in Ione Lösung, die Gleiche Karte verwende ich auch in meinem aktuellen Fräsprojekt.
Beim ersten umbau haben ich einen FBGA Karte (7i92) und eine Parallel karte 7i77 verwendet, was fast das gleiche Setup bietet wie die 7i97.
Ich habe aber nie den Anlass gehabt was anderes als Mesa zu verbauen, man könnte direkt auf Ethercat Systeme gehen.
Bisher habe ich aber immer meine Karten bekommen, allerdings immer direkt aus den USA glaube ich (der erste Umbau ist zu lange her, da kann ich mich nicht mehr einnern).

Gruß Patrick

More
08 Apr 2022 07:01 #239623 by anfänger
Now with using the lathe a bit more, I come to realise that I don't like the Probe basic Lathe VCP. I really like it on my mill and I guess even more on my "new mill" but on the lathe I am not happy.
I can't really tell why I added some macros but it looks like its not really useful when running mostly cycles. And you don't sea if tool offsets are working or not. And it crashes from time to time. I Did put in a lot tome en effort to get it to nicely work with my lathe, but update is a pain in the ass, cause I basically have to redo all the work. Wich is kind of the setback you have to work with when using beta software.
on my mill I started with gmocappy and wonder If I should give it a try for the lathe.
Or are there some better suggestions for a lathe VCP.
I don't want to build one from scratch.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds