Gildemeister NEF 480 Retrofit

More
25 Feb 2021 11:29 - 25 Feb 2021 11:33 #200082 by db1981
at evening i can post pictures, and can write down the steps. I have a naked bed here now.
easyst way is to separate carriage and "schlosskasten" . removing the screw is much work and you need to know the right forces for reassembling the special INA Radial/Axial bearing combination

i hope theres no copyright on 40year old drawings? (moderator ?)
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Feb 2021 11:33 by db1981.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J Green

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2021 11:55 #200083 by anfänger
Thanks for the hints. I think DMG won’t mind they have no drawings from this machine. I asked them.
When just lifting the top I am afraid of damaging the oil lines. But this might be the easiest solution.
Thanks all of you for your suggestions
The following user(s) said Thank You: J Green

More
25 Feb 2021 12:18 #200086 by db1981
i have all the drawing but it's total difficult for me to handle this 54mb pdf with this forum attachmends limitation.
Because i am an proffessional software developer, i have no experience with things like word,exel,pdf, twitter, fratzenbook an so on.... :-)

More
25 Feb 2021 12:32 #200088 by J Green
Wonder if sivarij or db1981 might comment about using degreaser on turcite or SKC coatings ,as to causing them to swell or the glue to soften ?
" I wonder if pumping degreaser through the system would be enough."
Air conditioning service uses a oil based red dye that is also ultra-violet light traceable , comes in a small ( few ounces - millilitre ) size container . could be used to check flow and leaks . They also sell UV light flash-lights for detecting it. Wear gloves as it is worse than dykem scraping blue to remove from hands .

The building - shop you are working in looks very interesting , wonder if you could comment on it ?

Thanks for sharing your endeavour an photos -
Bob

More
25 Feb 2021 15:26 #200099 by anfänger
I am Not sure there is a fancy coating on this ancient machine. This baby is from the late 70‘s.

The Building extension to my barn. I bought an old farm house like they are common in this area. Fron the front it looks like a townhouse with a barn door. The Door is a drive through the main house leading to a court yard eith a wall to the neighbours on one side and the stables and the barn on the other sides. Behind the Barn is an extension (my metal workshop roughly 110 sqm) and behind the extension the garden. In the barn ist Storage and my wood shop. In the tables my wife has er wool workshop.

More
25 Feb 2021 21:38 #200133 by anfänger
So I did as db1991 suggested and took of the top of the carriage. Or more precisely I lifted it up a bit, so I could clean underneath

File Attachment:

And managed to assemble it again

File Attachment:

But now I think there is bit of a gap, but it might just be the cracked paint. I will have a closer look at it on the weekend

Thanks everyone
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
25 Feb 2021 22:40 #200138 by RotarySMP
I think that cross slide is longer than the Schaublins bed!
I like threads with lots of photos, Thanks.
Mark.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

More
26 Feb 2021 07:02 #200176 by anfänger
Thanks, but sometimes I wish I has the equipment and patience to to make some videos. I really enjoy yours and TOT and many other of course without them, wouldn’t be do this (Sorry you videos I found later ;-))

More
26 Feb 2021 09:51 #200179 by sivaraj

Wonder if sivarij or db1981 might comment about using degreaser on turcite or SKC coatings ,as to causing them to swell or the glue to soften ?
" I wonder if pumping degreaser through the system would be enough."
Air conditioning service uses a oil based red dye that is also ultra-violet light traceable , comes in a small ( few ounces - millilitre ) size container . could be used to check flow and leaks . They also sell UV light flash-lights for detecting it. Wear gloves as it is worse than dykem scraping blue to remove from hands .

The building - shop you are working in looks very interesting , wonder if you could comment on it ?

Thanks for sharing your endeavour an photos -
Bob

Using degreaser on Turcite may not cause any reaction because slide way material is a chemical resistant .
But it will not serve any purpose here because slide-way materials require oil to work properly .
Degreaser is required only while newly applying Turcite or SKC
May be rust remover will work better if ground surface is rusted

More
27 Feb 2021 21:13 #200345 by anfänger
so I started assembling the machine to the point where I fill the carriage with oil and run the oil pump....
but nothing happened. Ok the pump is running in the right direction but not oil was coming to the ways.

Then I opened all the oil lines and blew them out with the air gun to see if they are clogged I turned on the pump ans noting happened.
To check if the pumps ok, removed the pine to the vales and turned on the pump and oil was flowing, so the pump is working.
Then I opened one valve and turned on the pump. It blew out the core I assembled it again and now this line has a lot of flow.
I tried to free some others without blowing them out. When I turn on the pump the first line is flowing like hell and the rest does nothing.

File Attachment:

So I am at a point were I don't know if I got the valve running agin or trashed it, should continue fo push them out with the oil pump or search fo a replacement, Any suggestions?

Thanks Patrick
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds