Gildemeister NEF 480 Retrofit

More
20 Mar 2021 18:59 #203013 by anfänger
You are right but thanks for reading sounds strange.

I made good progress on the cabinet:

time-lapse are mean this are actually three and a half hours...

File Attachment:

after some cleaning I moved the cabinet to it's final position and stared to connect the lathe.
When I connect the cabinet to power the FO trips even without the phases connected ant the is no voltage between one go the bases or neutral and earth. between the machine and each s 2,7mV it's kind of strange. And looks like enough to trip the FI.
But I made send test without the FI.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

220V, Network, The computer, 24V and 5V are running. Didn't check I can connect to the Mesa card, but most is finished now. The hand wheels and the spindle encoder still need do be connected to the Mesa card but it was getting late and cold

Cheers Patrick
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2021 10:08 - 21 Mar 2021 10:20 #203097 by Aciera

When I connect the cabinet to power the FO trips even without the phases connected ant the is no voltage between one go the bases or neutral and earth. between the machine and each s 2,7mV it's kind of strange. And looks like enough to trip the FI.

Not sure I understand that correctly but a short or low enough impedance between neutral and earth will also trip the RCD.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2021 10:20 by Aciera.

More
21 Mar 2021 10:42 #203101 by anfänger
My English is not the best when it comes to technical stuff.
I don't think there is a short, I checked that. At the moment I test without the RCD.

More
21 Mar 2021 13:04 #203115 by db1981
What kind of RCD is this? 30mA?

Industrial equipment like big vfds or servo Drives mostly not working together with "home"RCDs. This is caused by the "emv" leakage capacitors. You will need an RCD which is less sensitive...
As far as i know if such an machine is fix connected without an "CEE" Plug you will not have to install an RCD. but my electrical installation knowledge is related to my education more then 20 years ago....

google says that today exists special RCDs for vfd usage....

More
21 Mar 2021 16:20 #203128 by anfänger
I run it without RCD at the moment and just use one for the circuits which power the computer and network . Same I do with the Chiron.

I did some first steps today. Powered the Mesa Card and started Linuxcnc.

File Attachment:

and the IO's are working. I need to do some changes cause I wired a bit different than I originally planned.

also the spanner is working

and the VFD started. And now it is time for the buts.
The hand wheels don't work. I need to check why. I need to check if power is OK this might be the issue. And the easiest fix otherwise...

the servo drive trip the breakers. Maybe they are to small o made mistake wiring them.

and the contactor for the chuck sometimes gets stuck. but overall I am happy with this weekend.

More
21 Mar 2021 17:55 #203141 by Aciera

the servo drive trip the breakers. Maybe they are to small o made mistake wiring them.

Doesn't necessarily mean that there is something wrong. Could just be the inrush current. Maybe try to startup with only one of the drives connected. I found that this is more of a problem if the drives haven't been powered up for a long time.
Actually some manufacturers will give a defined procedure on how to powerup drives that have been sitting around for a long time.

More
24 Mar 2021 12:41 #203507 by anfänger
I have breakers for every drive. I Asked Lichuan about the recommended size of the breakers cause there is not much in the Handbook. I would like to make sure I don‘t roast them.

More
24 Mar 2021 13:07 #203509 by RotarySMP
I learned that breakers and fuses dont protect the device, they protect the wire, preventing fires.

More
24 Mar 2021 14:33 #203511 by anfänger
Yes I know, but I am not sure anymore if I have the right driver.
I Roasted a FU last week by connecting it to 3phase power (like in the manual) Made some nice sparks. After soldering in some new Varistors and connecting it to single phase it worked well. Which gave me a mistrust of Chinese manuals. I would like to avoid making the same experience with the servo drives. And now I am not sure if there three phase power is actually a splitphase power. ANd then I am at the point where I have no clue anymore.

More
28 Mar 2021 13:28 #203899 by anfänger
So not much progress, I was to lazy :D. But fixed the contactor. Just needed a t of demurring on plastic parts.
Still waiting for a feedback from Lichuan to my drivers. But I am afraid that they need US power.
No I wonder if I can use on of my old transformers to convert 400V three phase to 220V three phase. (230 single seam to make some trouble) Most of the are single phase one three phase out this has 16V on the secondary part. And then there is this big chunk:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

But it is not giving much information about is self Just that it might be a Siemens 4AP41.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds