Huyndai hit 15s retrofit

More
01 Dec 2022 18:25 #258243 by Mr.
Replied by Mr. on topic Huyndai hit 15s retrofit
The pc im using used to be a mining rig so theres no issues with pci stuff, do we know if theres existing firmware for that setup?

About how much computing power does the pc need to have to run linuxcnc, ive only experanced mach3 and that didnt take any lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2022 22:19 #258265 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Huyndai hit 15s retrofit

The pc im using used to be a mining rig so theres no issues with pci stuff, do we know if theres existing firmware for that setup?

I don't know, but I would imagine that the 5u24 is the most likely current board to drive a 7i36 so it there isn't then Mesa would probably make one if asked.

About how much computing power does the pc need to have to run linuxcnc, ive only experanced mach3 and that didnt take any lol

LinuxCNC needs very little CPU, it can run on Pis and Beaglebones, for example.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr.

More
02 Dec 2022 02:16 #258285 by Mr.
Ok so i bought the 5i24+7i36+ribbon cable. Is there a tutorial to setup a pci type setup?

More
02 Dec 2022 02:51 #258289 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Huyndai hit 15s retrofit
They are slightly easier than the ethernet cards. Basically plug them in and flash the firmware (if it isn't already supplied with the right one)

As a first check, plug it in and run the following at the command line
halrun
loadrt hostmot2
loadrt hm2_pci

That should load the drivers (and print out some useful information, in general)

Then:
show pin
Will give a good idea what HAL pins (and hence functions) are in the firmware.

If you actually want to (manualy) switch the states of pins etc then there is a bit more to do (load a realtime thread, add the read/write functions to that). But you probably want to try the setup wizards and build a config at that point.

Having a quick fiddle, it doesn't look like pncconf knows abiout the 5i24 _or_ the 7i36 so there will be some manual tweaking (probably pretend you have a 7i53 and then edit the CARD string in the INI to match.

We will be able to help once you have the outline of a somewhat-close config set up.

More
02 Dec 2022 04:41 #258294 by Mr.
Sounds good, i have some other stuff to do while i wait

Thanks again

More
03 Dec 2022 20:31 #258452 by Mr.
I was working thru the software (pncconf) today until i hit a wall at the card options, kinda lost honestly. Cards should be here soon enough but i figured i could get ahead a lil while my kids were sleeping. If the xorrect card options arnt there how do i move fwd?

Thanks for puttin up with me guys

More
03 Dec 2022 21:28 #258455 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Huyndai hit 15s retrofit
On the first page of PncConf, click on "use name substitution for mesa cards" or similar.
Later chose a card of the same communication type, and something near what you ordered, example for 7i97, choose 7i92 and 7i77 .
That way you only need to change the card model in the ini file. And maybe some IO names.

More
06 Dec 2022 04:44 #258663 by Mr.
Got my cards today, not enough time to hook everything up ill do it sometime this week. Prob going to be alot of questions rolling out lol

More
07 Dec 2022 02:26 #258783 by Mr.
Well fellas made my first mistake lol, i assumed the 5i24 has a pcie i wasnt paying attn lol.

I
Options are to get a adaptor(not sure if this will cause problems)

Use another computer i have one with both pci and pcie but its slower(may not be a problem)

Return and get a pcie card

What you guys think

More
07 Dec 2022 03:26 #258784 by Mr.
Im leaning to the other computer, has p4 and was win xp ill boot it up and see. Ive already stripped it of the un nessery things

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds