Guidance Needed! Initial LinuxCNC/PncConf setup

More
01 Mar 2023 22:23 #265678 by Sray69
I have been trying to get my axes Homed for a few days now. I found a video that I think was helpful in explaining the process and how to create my ini/hal files in PNCConf. So I decided to start fresh and follow along in the video. When I was finished I saved the files and rebooted. I then tried to open LCNC using the new ini file but it came up with an error. From what I can tell there is a configuration error but I have no idea what it means. AND the amber light comes on again. One thing to note, I was able to open the AXIS sim file without any issues, even while the amber light was still on.

Here are my ini/hal files and the error report.

File Attachment:

File Name: lcnc.hal.txt
File Size:12 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: lcnc.ini.txt
File Size:5 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: linuxcnc.report.txt
File Size:9 KB

Hoping someone can help figure this one out. 

Thanks,
Shawn
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2023 22:39 #265680 by PCW
The error is with hal_input which probably means
you have some kind of setup/connection issue with a
USB jogging device or some such.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sray69

More
01 Mar 2023 22:44 #265682 by Sray69
OK. I did enable the USB Jogging in the Advanced section because I am planning to setup a controller for that. I will try and disable that and see what happens.

Thanks

More
01 Mar 2023 22:55 #265683 by Sray69
That fixed it. Now I can hopefully FINALLY get my axes homed!

Thanks!

More
06 Mar 2023 23:50 #265990 by Sray69
FINALLY got all axes HOMED!!!! Since then I have been working through different errors.

This is the most current error I am getting. It seems to pop up randomly. The last time it popped up the machine had been sitting idle for 20-30 minutes with the Machine Power toggled ON. When it happened it triggered the amber light again.

I read in other threads where people were asked to provide the following info. I hope this is helpful.

I have already changed my SERVO_PERIOD to 2000000 as suggested earlier in this thread for other NIC related issues.

BTW, when the amber light is triggered, I have to turn the CNC cabinet OFF and back ON, and I have to reboot my computer. Is there a way to clear this without rebooting my computer every time? I am having to do this umpteen times per day while working through these issues.

Thanks
Attachments:

More
06 Mar 2023 23:58 #265993 by PCW
There is no reason you should need to cycle any power or reboot after this error.

What happens if you just exit/restart LinuxCNC?

Also your 5712823 read tmax value is likely the reason for the fault
(This is in CPU clocks, so need the CPU clock frequency to determine exactly how long this is )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sray69

More
07 Mar 2023 00:44 #266001 by Sray69

There is no reason you should need to cycle any power or reboot after this error.

What happens if you just exit/restart LinuxCNC?

Also your 5712823 read tmax value is likely the reason for the fault
(This is in CPU clocks, so need the CPU clock frequency to determine exactly how long this is )

If I don't power cycle the cabinet AND reboot PC it stays in an error state and no axis will move.

My CPU is a AMD FX-6300 Six-core Processor 3.5 GHz. It is not clocked at all. The base clock is 3.5 GHz.

Thanks

More
07 Mar 2023 00:49 #266003 by PCW
The error indicated by the LED is a watchdog bite,
This is cleared when LinuxCNC starts. Sounds like it bites
again due to latency issues.

More
07 Mar 2023 00:56 #266004 by Sray69
But it only happens if I do not reboot everything. If I reboot everything then the error is cleared and I am able to use LCNC, at least until some other error pops up that triggers the watchdog bite.

More
07 Mar 2023 01:04 #266005 by PCW
Maybe its a thermal issue on the host?

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds