More
03 Nov 2011 13:06 #14545 by clkeck1
Replied by clkeck1 on topic Re:Mori MV 35/40 retrofit
Coolant functionality while program is not running
Coolant on button turns coolant on
Coolant off button turns coolant off

Coolant functionality while program is running
M8 & M9 from the program turn coolant on and off
While the program is running and coolant is off Coolant on button turns coolant on
While the program is running and coolant is on Coolant off button turns coolant off

I haven't got a chance too look at the touchoff menu yet but here is how i currently do it for a better explanation.
T15 is a 1" dowel that i use to set the Z height. G59 X0 Y0 Z0 is at the center top of the touchoff post for T15
Say i want to set the z offset for T1

command
"T1M6
G49G59
G0X0Y0"
jog the tool down to the top of the touchoff post
Change the tool table Z value for the tool in the spindle to the z value on the screen.
save tool table
reload tool table.

Thanks
Cory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2011 15:10 #14549 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Mori MV 35/40 retrofit
clkeck1 wrote:

Coolant functionality while program is not running
Coolant on button turns coolant on
Coolant off button turns coolant off

Coolant functionality while program is running
M8 & M9 from the program turn coolant on and off
While the program is running and coolant is off Coolant on button turns coolant on
While the program is running and coolant is on Coolant off button turns coolant off

I have been looking at this, and the flipflop component is close, but not really close enough.
www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html/man/man9/flipflop.9.html
I think that it could be used with a set of edge detectors, and an "or" but it reaches the level of complexity that I would be wanting to test rather than just type out blindly.

I might write a dedicated component for the job, it seems a common requirement.

I haven't got a chance too look at the touchoff menu yet but here is how i currently do it for a better explanation.
T15 is a 1" dowel that i use to set the Z height. G59 X0 Y0 Z0 is at the center top of the touchoff post for T15
Say i want to set the z offset for T1
command
"T1M6
G49G59
G0X0Y0"
jog the tool down to the top of the touchoff post
Change the tool table Z value for the tool in the spindle to the z value on the screen.
save tool table
reload tool table.

Tool-table touch-off is exactly what you want here. Just select "T" in the drop-down.

More
12 Jan 2012 15:15 #16664 by clkeck1
Hi everyone. I'm working on adding a rotary table and tying up some loose ends.

I have yet to be able to get the any of the axis to home using the encoder home index. The 3 machine axis are TTL and the table is differential. I changed the jumpers on the table channel to differential.
Has anyone been able to get it to work with a 7i48? is there another mux encoder bug somewhere maybe?

Also i would like to get the clamp circuit hooked up on the table. has there been any code written for this somewhere?

Thanks
Cory

More
12 Jan 2012 15:39 #16665 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Mori MV 35/40 retrofit
clkeck1 wrote:

I have yet to be able to get the any of the axis to home using the encoder home index.

I am not entirely convinced that homing to index works. (or I might be confusing the issue by thinking about home-to-index with steppers)

More
12 Jan 2012 15:51 #16667 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Re:Mori MV 35/40 retrofit
As far as I know there are no problems with muxed encoder indexes. I will verify this on our EMC test setup later today.

To test, unhook index_enable in your HAL file, HALMeter it and setp index_enable true
and slowly rotate the encoder shaft

index_enable (as read by HALMeter) should stay true until the encoder index occurs
if index enable immediately goes false regardless of encoder shaft position, this indicates that the index polarity is incorrect and you will have to set the index-invert parameter for that encoder counter channel

Homing to index works fine on servos, there is currently no support for homing to index on step/dir drives but can be done in velocity mode step/dir with encoder feedback

More
12 Jan 2012 18:36 #16671 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Mori MV 35/40 retrofit
andypugh wrote:

clkeck1 wrote:

I have yet to be able to get the any of the axis to home using the encoder home index.

I am not entirely convinced that homing to index works. (or I might be confusing the issue by thinking about home-to-index with steppers)

Homing to index is how my CHNC is setup... and it is servo driven.

John

More
12 Jan 2012 18:58 #16674 by clkeck1
John

What are you using for a servo interface card?

Thanks
Cory

More
12 Jan 2012 19:42 #16678 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Re:Mori MV 35/40 retrofit
Just verified, index works fine on muxed encoders
(using above test procedure to avoid confusing the issue with homing complexities)

More
12 Jan 2012 23:26 #16696 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Mori MV 35/40 retrofit
Cory,

On the CHNC I have a 5i20 with 7i33 and 7i37 daughter cards.

John

More
13 Jan 2012 16:27 #16722 by skunkworks
I am using both the 7i33 and 7i48. my xyz axis are hooked to the 7i33 and B is hooked into the 7i48. They all home to index. B actually just homes to the closest index while all the other axis hit the home switch then find the index.

sam

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.604 seconds