Roland mdx-650a question

More
05 Dec 2013 11:07 - 05 Dec 2013 12:11 #41349 by nick gill
Replied by nick gill on topic Roland mdx-650a question
Jorge.
Click this link mfpdoc.com/get/12089268720125.zip for the service manual documents.
It expires 11/12/13 so do it today.... :cheer:
Your questions about the brake are in there
Last edit: 05 Dec 2013 12:11 by nick gill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2014 02:29 - 20 Mar 2014 02:33 #44987 by jlviloria
Replied by jlviloria on topic Roland mdx-650a question
greetings,

I have this motor Nidec my roland machine, I have not been able to work with the driver (PWM) of picosystem, is there any other way to run this motor?

My current spindle (Nidec UGBTEH-5) is 100VAC , 400W, and only 6700rpm. It has 3 power wires + power/GND/3 Hall-effect wires.

Be direct so always turn the same revolution.

any help is important and appreciated.

thanks

Jorge
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Mar 2014 02:33 by jlviloria.

More
20 Mar 2014 05:14 #44992 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Roland mdx-650a question

I have this motor Nidec my roland machine, I have not been able to work with the driver (PWM) of picosystem, is there any other way to run this motor?

Are you using this driver?
www.pico-systems.com/acservo.html

Do you have any idea why it doesn't work? Have you systematically tried every single variation of the power wires and hall-sensor wiring?

Have you checked that all the Hall sensors work, and that the motor phases are all working?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jlviloria

More
20 Mar 2014 06:49 #44998 by jlviloria
Andy,

Thanks for your answer.

if that's the driver I'm using.

the problem is that the driver is burning.

a technician checked the motor and I said okay.

connections are fine.

I have a transformer. a rectifier. and 470uF 250V filter. which gives me 127VDC.

make the connection when I put the driver voltage burns and I have to switch transistors and other parts.

a technician tells me that the motor can not work with that driver, but does not give me reasons. so I'm in despair because I just need this for my little machine to boot.

why seek alternatives to start the engine anyway so it does not control with LinuxCNC.

Jorge

More
20 Mar 2014 07:29 #44999 by andypugh

the problem is that the driver is burning.
make the connection when I put the driver voltage burns and I have to switch transistors and other parts.

Have you talked to Jon about this?

What PWM/current setting are you commanding when the problem occurs?

A brushless motor can absorb a lot of current if the commutation is wrong, but by testing at a very low current demand this can be avoided.

You should probably get the motor running with a lower voltage and low current demand first to verify that the commutation and phase connections are correct. Only when the motor is spinning correctly should you go to full voltage and full current demand.

It is possible that the motor is damaged, and had not enough resistance or inductance any more (shorted windings). If you connect each phase combination to a current-limited power supply does the motor lock into different positions for each one, and at the same voltage and current for each one?

More
20 Mar 2014 07:51 #45000 by jlviloria
if I talked to Jon, and very kindly helped me, but I still asked me to solve the check motor technician and the company revised it and says it's okay,

tried to 127VDC.

24VDC will do tests to see how it goes.

there is no way to put a spin on ACmotor without the driver?

Actually I have work waiting for the machine no matter it is direct. while I resolve the issue of driver.

thanks,

Jorge

More
20 Mar 2014 08:21 - 20 Mar 2014 08:22 #45001 by andypugh

there is no way to put a spin on ACmotor without the driver?

No, a brushless motor needs a driver to actively switch the coil excitation depending on the hall sensor feedback.

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_eléctrico_sin_escobillas has rather less detail than en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brushless_DC_electric_motor unfortunately.
Last edit: 20 Mar 2014 08:22 by andypugh.

More
26 Sep 2014 07:30 #51585 by nick gill
How is the project going now Jorge?

More
06 Nov 2014 08:07 #52839 by ducatidragon916
I have a severe question on this topic....I have an older Roland MDX-500 unit that finally went on the blitz... It says Emergency Stop motor Lock XY. I found a service manual and went through all of the possible scenarios of trouble shooting the unit such as swapping the servo motors and testing the sensor switches etc. and also tested the switching power supply to make sure it was getting power to the motors. Looked at the sequencing Leds on the motherboard and looked at to see if any burns or blown out components etc.... the sequencing leds goes through the paces from X Y Z etc and all goes off except for one that is blinking which is Led #5 which I suspect from the wiring schematics to be the spindle motor..aha!! but why is the lcd display triggering the Emergency STop motor XY..... I was thinking maybe the Z axis motor since the sequencing is for the spindle (Z axis ) to go up before any other motors turn on to reset to home position etc.SO i am grasping through straws at this since the roland company doesn't want to help because the machine is out of warranty and no longer supported because of age (more than 10 years old machine)etc. If I revamp for using a linux based system might be the way to go however i have all NC coded cuts that still need to be performed and this would really create more work but I am at your guys ideas and thoughts on this situation.

More
06 Nov 2014 08:31 #52840 by nick gill
Roland factory support is not good.

If you think it is the spindle motor, disconnect at the plug to the motor and see if the machine will start normally.

Take the back cover off the spindle motor and submit some photos.

Could be Z axis as you say.
The brake (a solenoid) is disconnecting to allow the z axis to withdraw first as you say? Can you turn the Z axis lead screw by hand when the brake is off?
Maybe disconnect the brake and try.

You have the factory wiring schematics etc, yes?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ducatidragon916

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds