Roland mdx-650a question

More
08 Nov 2014 11:22 #52932 by ducatidragon916
okay am i suppose to go to your prfile becuase i didnt see any profile messages on my profile etc.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2016 20:24 #75502 by sl@touchgraphics.com
Hi, I have the exact same problem that you reported. Did you ever solve this issue? I have a Roland MDX-500 that should work but doesnt because it throws this error: Emergency Stop Motor Lock XY. For a while, I had a allowed a lot of debris to accumulate behind the table, and it would throw that error occasionally, but eventually It would come back. Now it won't come back. I would be so grateful for any wisdom you could offer.
thanks.

More
07 Jun 2016 00:34 #75603 by ducatidragon916
Yes I did solve the problem and it was to replace the drive board. Thought it might be the motor but as it turned out the driver board had circuitry drive that has a preprogrammed chip which is proprietary and could not be purchased anywhere so I ended up taking the unit to the dealer for the repair. Cost me roughly $2500 hope this helps

More
07 Jun 2016 02:21 #75605 by sl@touchgraphics.com
thanks for your advice. Did you actually change the motor and then found that didnt fix the problem? I just bought a new motor for 500, but now I am wondering if it is a waste of money. I am not sure that they can fix it at the dealer if it is the board. They said it would take weeks to get a new board, and that it would not be easy to return the board if that didn't fix the problem. Did you yours fail gradually or all at once? Did anything noteworthy happen before the error occured?

More
07 Jun 2016 03:29 #75606 by ducatidragon916
Pretty much the same thing started to crash on cuts and then after a year it stop all together with the error. Yes I replace th motor first and then that didn't work so I got the schematic and started to troubleshoot the board and finally found the chip which is priority programmed by the company Roland .....even spoke to the Japanese guy in Japan about this etc...hope this helps

More
11 Aug 2016 16:35 #78629 by lgg2
Replied by lgg2 on topic Roland mdx-650a question
Hello,

I own a MDX500 that after the firmware update has the "Z axis locked" error. I buyed the package of documents for this machine (service notes, service manuals and firmware) and I discovered that in my case It is a incompatibility of the firmware with the main board version. But in the package that I buyed, the firmware files does come "empty" (only the LHA self-extract runtime but without more content). And my local RolandDG support service (Spain) don't want to send the needed firmware (v2.8) file, because as they say "technic is needed".

I would like to know If someone has this file (MDX500ver280.exe) or can retrieve from somewhere to solve this problem.

In other way of thing, If someone want some file from this package, don't hesitate and ask to me.

Thanks.

More
30 Nov 2016 22:37 #83512 by nick gill
Replied by nick gill on topic Roland mdx-650a question
There is a Facebook group for MDX owners now:

www.facebook.com/groups/902876403145632h...oups/902876403145632

Many files available here.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds