Retrofitting Maho MH600E 1989 - Meas 5i25 & 7i77

More
03 Jul 2020 19:24 #173538 by Onkelmat

"talking about gear change"

could you send me your compilation ? or only explain how to add the gearchange thingy ?
Did you use all of the ribbon cables ? I´ve got a big mess with all the cables from the ribbon cable xD

You know any source for industrial grade keyboards ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2020 19:41 #173541 by tommylight

Is that how it is supposed to work ? +5v to TB at 7i77 and 24v to both vfield headers on both cards ?
Or am I missing something ?
The manual says that you can work with one single power supply giving 24v to the vfiel header. (pin 1-5 get 24v+ and pin 8 GND)

Yes,
No,
Yes, just set the jumper correctly, and it will work with 1 power supply of 24V.
As for tuning, there is a simple tutorial by JT on gnipsel.com and another one by me but i think i already linked to it. If not just search for
servo tuning detailed howto
it will be the first result on google.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onkelmat

More
04 Jul 2020 07:22 #173587 by Onkelmat

Yes,
No,

Okay love it :dry:
Oh yes I´ve read your turorial 50% and then I was like "okay my axis is jumping back and forth and is totally crazy, Seems I have another problem before PID tuning. And then i closed it and did not come back :( I´ll check it again when I´m at the machine again, because it was quite good.

I´ll take a picture tomorrow how the jumpers are set, I think i did it correct, but as it´s not working, it´s obvious wrong and i need help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
05 Jul 2020 11:13 - 05 Jul 2020 11:15 #173663 by RotarySMP

"talking about gear change"

could you send me your compilation ? or only explain how to add the gearchange thingy ?
Did you use all of the ribbon cables ? I´ve got a big mess with all the cables from the ribbon cable xD

You know any source for industrial grade keyboards ?

It doesn't work like that. The instructions of how to compile it is in the wiki of the Github..
github.com/jin-eld/mh400e-linuxcnc

Do you have wiring diagrams? Did you look through the long thread on retrofitting the MH400E? There is a lot in there about the ribbon cable hook up. Or you could do the simple thing of sending me your email address, and receive answers to most of your questions.

The Index of the encoders is near the end. I set up the machine to home, and let is jog very slowly and it found it's own index. Inever found it with the Osci.

I just use a wireless keyboard on the MAHO, when I need one. Generally for running programs, none is necessary.
Mark
Last edit: 05 Jul 2020 11:15 by RotarySMP.

More
05 Jul 2020 11:19 #173664 by RotarySMP
Please get your hardware E-Stop chain working before you start doing motor tuning.

More
05 Jul 2020 18:35 #173683 by RotarySMP
I don't thin the connection request system here works for communication, which is way I recommended using Practical machinist.

More
05 Jul 2020 21:34 #173692 by Onkelmat
They E-Stop chain works like a charm :)
I haven´t cut th eold lines to the pendant and the control.
I´m using the old nc ready button and the e-stop.

I have the wiring shematics for the machine and the Exe card.
As far as i can tell I´ve got almost everything i need. I´m only having some software problems.
I found the index of the scales and linux can show them in hal.
But when i let the machine home an axis it just runs over the index.

Today i´ve tuned the axis quite well, but I can´t reach the old speeds.
After becoming depressed I quit today. Then i tought about it and came to the conclusion that it might be a timing problem. I haven´t set the base period in the pnccfonig wizard. Could that be the reason ?
The Halscop shows that the vel-comd is rising, the speed keeps rising until a certain point and then the ferror rises.

you can send me an e-mail to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
06 Jul 2020 03:13 - 06 Jul 2020 03:42 #173706 by PCW
No base thread is needed

Can you post you current hal and ini files?

What limits the speed? that is do you get following errors above a certain speed?
Last edit: 06 Jul 2020 03:42 by PCW.

More
06 Jul 2020 06:28 #173709 by RotarySMP
I sent you that "How-to".

Glad you found that Index point. Here is a copy of my HAL and INI. Maybe you can cross check against your homing entries.

When I tuned my INdramat drives, I found I could have very high accuracy (no F_error above 1µm) but then had very low acceleration. Once I increased the acceptable F_Error decent acceleration of 50mm/sec² became available. I have set my max axis speeds on X and Z 2700mm/min, which is the same as MAHO had them. On Y I have them set a little lower at 2400 mm/min, but that might just be a relic of the problems I had with that axis (turned out to be a dead channel on the EXE).
Attachments:

More
06 Jul 2020 07:35 #173722 by Onkelmat

I sent you that "How-to".

Glad you found that Index point. Here is a copy of my HAL and INI. Maybe you can cross check against your homing entries.

When I tuned my INdramat drives, I found I could have very high accuracy (no F_error above 1µm) but then had very low acceleration. Once I increased the acceptable F_Error decent acceleration of 50mm/sec² became available. I have set my max axis speeds on X and Z 2700mm/min, which is the same as MAHO had them. On Y I have them set a little lower at 2400 mm/min, but that might just be a relic of the problems I had with that axis (turned out to be a dead channel on the EXE).

I had the machine working for like 3 years, milling all my parts. As far as i can tell the Maho would ramp up with like 300-500mm/sec²
I´ve chosen to turn it down to 50mm/sec² because i thought that´s the problem of my following error but i´ll get back to like 400mm/sec².

The Maho would accelerate to 2500mm/min in G0 moves during programs. And 1500 during joggin after homing was done. If no homing was done you could only run like 1000mm/min.
I´m not sure what the following error were on the old control but i can tell for sure you couldn´t mill tight fittings with +-0,02mm.
There is some Backlash in X and Y (X nad Z old). And the old control did NOT compensate enough. The Maho would react to external force on the Ballscrew, but did not try to hold the position regarding the glasscale. It felt like the modern closed loop steppers. The Backlash was never compensated, but the drives would react to external force.

I´ll change the basethread today and i think that will solve alot of problems.

The accuracy of the machine ist somewhere btween 0,001mm and 0,004mm at 500mm/min. But I have very hgh spikes at start and end of 0,02mm. I´m not sure why and how to compensate. Lower acceleration helps a little.

Did you get the lubrication system running ?

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds