Bridgeport textron Series 1 CNC

More
22 Mar 2022 21:19 #238041 by rodw
I have not had any issues mounting the drives vertical for optimal cooling is important.
This is one I have started to work on with drives not mounted.
I am going to add a fan directly above the space for the drives at the top side of the box per the manual.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2022 16:51 #238349 by turbohoolik
Do I understand right, that there isn't need for such shielding (haven't seen none of pictures where something like that are made as manual are succeeding) and when do do that there isn't good way to cool drives.

More
25 Mar 2022 21:52 #238380 by rodw

Do I understand right, that there isn't need for such shielding (haven't seen none of pictures where something like that are made as manual are succeeding) and when do do that there isn't good way to cool drives.

I've added a bit more to the enclosure now

I'm hoping adding metal walls for shielding is not required.
I have had cooling issue with Lams when not installed per the instructions so I have a fan per their specs.
Elsewhere the manual shows using a lot of fuses on high voltage power to the drives.

I made a similar enclosure with the same toroid previously driving ethercat drives and had no problems with noise. It was in a smaller case so it was more cramped!

I will use 5 pin connectors for motors and will bring the cable shield inside on one so it can be terminated on the driver. I have also given some thought to cable layout and will keep mains, stepper motor power and logic apart.
I also have a high quality mains filter on the IEC connector.
Attachments:

More
25 Mar 2022 22:08 #238382 by rodw
I might add that when talking to the Australian distributor he said that Lam always promoted absolute best practice so it is possible to take shortcuts at your own risk  :)

More
28 Jul 2022 18:47 - 29 Jul 2022 16:29 #248573 by turbohoolik
rodw have you finished this box?
How it look now?

I finally got my milling in to one piece and now I have to start working with control box, I hope I have all necessary parts...

Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Jul 2022 16:29 by turbohoolik.

More
25 Aug 2022 17:57 #250423 by turbohoolik
I made it like this, bigger box was to big so I have to mount everything here.
Most components have find her place and connection made inside the box.

I have to make good schematics, I already have no idea what I have done here.
Attachments:

More
25 Aug 2022 19:04 #250436 by tommylight
LAM drives ... yummyyyyy :)
While on the subject, do you have the programming dongle for them?
Supose you do, so have a look at RodW setup where he uses the boost feature to push more current to the motors while accelerating and lowering it when at speed. Might make it possible to push the machine faster while still keeping the motors cool.

More
26 Aug 2022 18:10 #250539 by turbohoolik
Yes I have.
With most mechanical side I think I can handle but all the programing part it gonna be hard, I have no idea what to do.
To be honest there are so many questions I even don't know where to start with them.
I even don't know how to connect drives to the board...

More
27 Aug 2022 08:09 #250562 by rodw
I have not quite finished the programming yet but all the wiring is done.

And yes I will be using the lam boost feature with a custom component.

My reccommendation is to start writing a document that has a series of tables as per the attachment.
Make sure you update the table before adding any wires. I found it was realy simple to build the config once that was done.

I was working on it today and was fighting with QTplasmac because it uses so many halui pins that adding external buttons and MPG's can be quite a chore! Lots of or2 statements.
Attachments:

More
27 Aug 2022 09:20 #250564 by phillc54

I was working on it today and was fighting with QTplasmac because it uses so many halui pins that adding external buttons and MPG's can be quite a chore! Lots of or2 statements.

What halui pins require an or to be able to make use of?

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.632 seconds