Bridgeport textron Series 1 CNC

More
27 Aug 2022 10:32 #250566 by rodw
Phil,Try the attached example that  works fine in axis. Just include it in your ini file. Based on the run/step pause/resume example on the forum here forum.linuxcnc.org/47-hal-examples/13201...-hold-resume-buttons

But I revised the code so it was a standalone hal file.

There are significant conflicts with this qtplasmac library hal file file.github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...b/qtplasmac_comp.hal

My MPG hal file was easier and does not conflict. The guts of it is done but there are a couple of buttons I want to enhance the behavoiur to select jog/rapid speed from a shift/button press so its still a work in progress. Here QTPlasmac is actually nice as I have a couple of spare axis selects that can be used for MPG based speed overrides etc. 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2022 10:38 #250567 by rodw
back on topic. Here is my Lam stepboost component for the OP.
The plan is to tidy this up to us variable number of axes and maybe do a pull request for it.
Once again, I'm tryng to add this in a seperate hal files

Attachments:

More
27 Aug 2022 10:41 #250568 by phillc54
I don't understand why you wouldn't use the QtPlasmaC external Hal pins.

More
27 Aug 2022 11:08 #250569 by rodw
@Phil,
They are not 100% compatible with BigJohns Run/Step and Pause/Resume options
I already have engraved  labels for Run/Step and Pause/Resume
There is no single step option.
But I was planning on redoing the hal code from scratch so I might be able to use some of them.

More
27 Aug 2022 11:52 #250572 by phillc54
I don't see the point of single step for plasma but I am sure you could use the run, pause and abort pins then use the halui step pin.
​​I any case there are only three pins involved and not the "so many" that you intimated earlier, so no big deal.

More
28 Aug 2022 06:37 #250606 by turbohoolik
Do I have to connect every limit switch separately to boar or can I connect all together in parallel and program can understand what switch was activated because she knows which way she is moving?
If separately then I have to replace all factory switches but I have not found 1:1 replacement with two action switch.

More
28 Aug 2022 12:29 #250613 by rodw

I don't see the point of single step for plasma but I am sure you could use the run, pause and abort pins then use the halui step pin.
​​I any case there are only three pins involved and not the "so many" that you intimated earlier, so no big deal.

I did work it out in the end. There are a number of other pins that QTplasmac has used in addition to the jog pins that needed unlinking. So its a lot more than it first looks.

More
28 Aug 2022 12:37 #250615 by rodw

Do I have to connect every limit switch separately to boar or can I connect all together in parallel and program can understand what switch was activated because she knows which way she is moving?
If separately then I have to replace all factory switches but I have not found 1:1 replacement with two action switch.

Read the chapter called homing configuration in the docs carefully. There are so many ways to do it. There is an IS_SHARED setting that may help. Deviating to much from the expected homing method may make your hal file complex.
Life is easier if the home switches are on seperate circuits in my experience. The rest of the limits don't really matter.

More
28 Aug 2022 12:46 #250617 by phillc54

I did work it out in the end. There are a number of other pins that QTplasmac has used in addition to the jog pins that needed unlinking. So its a lot more than it first looks.

If that is really the case then I would be interested in seeing the resultant Hal file/files to see if we can make it easier for others in future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
05 Oct 2022 17:17 - 19 Nov 2022 16:59 #253546 by turbohoolik
It took lot of time but finally got my computer and 7I95 communicate.
I got help from this video:

This all is new for me and it's not for me, mechanical part is no problem. 
Last edit: 19 Nov 2022 16:59 by turbohoolik.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds