Mini wannabe datron build

More
24 Oct 2023 18:45 #283742 by ihavenofish
Not yet. That is in the next task list. I need to do this production run of keycaps over the next 2 weeks (and make some money) and then on my list is:

- spacers for ATC spindle
- 18 tool ATC carousel
- control panel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2023 18:54 #283743 by ihavenofish
The MS300 high speed is not available from my accessible sources (I looked everywhere, zero stock, it may be discontinued) and it is only straight v/f mode. I need the spindle to run at lower speeds (10-15k) sometimes, and in v/f model you get basically no torque. In vector mode it works really well. Ideally I would find a drive that morphs between modes, which is I think what the one the spindle supplier has. For now I will be content with 36000rpm.

I need to work out a chiller solution too. the old spindle draws 2A at idle which makes the spindle warm but not hot with no coolant running. The new one is 4 amps in the same dimensions and it gets HOT. Aquarium pump in a bucket is not going to cut it. I will need pressure, and active cooling. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
24 Oct 2023 22:45 #283756 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic Mini wannabe datron build
I found this place and it let me add an MS300-SHA to the cart.  Don't know how scammy-scammy they are.

deltaacdrives.com/cart/

Also, spotted this in the manual... promising?  Auto switch to vector for better low-end torque?

I also found Danfoss & Yaskawa both have compact VFD's with 1kz 'options' available.  I suspect the limitation is a legacy dont-let-anyone-build-centrifuges thing.

Thanks for the updates on your interesting project.
Attachments:

More
25 Oct 2023 02:41 #283762 by ihavenofish
Your link goes nowhere

That website is a bit scammy scammy i think and makes no mention of stock, and over 2x the price. Everyone lists it, but no one HAS it. My understanding is there are none, and wont be any for a long time. Digikey says july 2024.

This happened to the mh300 as well. They launched it, and then is vanished for several years, all media removed from the delta website cause the drive was defective. When it came back it had totally different features - notably no 2000hz vector drive.

More
25 Oct 2023 03:55 #283767 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic Mini wannabe datron build
Sorry, wasn't actually intended to be a link - I wasn't sure how slimy they were and thought I'd better not incur Tommy's wrath by hyperlinking to  a crap site.

Good to know about the lack of availability.  I'm getting to the point where if I shop for some component and can't find it and (some good tech docs) in 15 minutes or less, I don't want it.

More
25 Oct 2023 04:11 #283768 by ihavenofish
Yeah. Speaking of just found... I found a baby vac former for $100cdn.

I have been fighting with how to package my little keycaps and i think ive just nailed down a way to make cool little fold over blister packs. between the plastic ($32), the former ($100) a tank printer ($169) and some card stock, that is 1/4 the price of paying to have even the lower quality brown cardboard boxes made.

So that is another CNC project for early november. CNC a vac form pattern, and a hand/mallet die cutter for the card stock. This machine sure is getting some use finally, haha.

More
25 Oct 2023 10:59 #283792 by tommylight
@Spumco,
The website is OK as in no malware, uses WordPress for content management and some assets from zdassets.com that probably belongs to zdnet, zdnet was publisher of some PC magazine way back in the day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
09 Dec 2023 08:09 #287619 by ihavenofish
This was fun. Corian snow everywhere!

I had to replace one of the servos on the machine. It got chips inside the driver cause I didn't cover it. The replacement is the new V607 version oft he JMC servos. Autotuning really works haha. Took like 2 minute to set up and tune, vs 2 hours for the last one.

Oh, I also cut come 4140 with it. Not "great", but it worked. These are spacers for the new ATC spindle.

Fun fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
15 Feb 2024 16:48 #293415 by tommylight
Spammer booted.
Thank you.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds