NEMA 23, weird velocity results.. need help

More
22 Nov 2013 06:06 - 22 Nov 2013 06:08 #41094 by fannlow
tried using one of those calculators to help me out, but it doesn't seems to change anything, as I entered my figures into the yellow box?

i opened it up in excel 2013...

from wiki, StepTimingCalculatorPlus.ods?
wiki.linuxcnc.org/uploads/StepTimingCalculatorPlus.ods

any suggestions?
Last edit: 22 Nov 2013 06:08 by fannlow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2013 06:14 #41095 by fannlow

If the step pulses make the driver make a step, then that is all that matters, and you won't get any more speed or performance from changing the values.

Your low speed is due to high inductance motors and not-very-high voltage.

yup, i do understand that, just wanted to learn how to calculate or use the excel calculator to help me with my future needs :)
so I dont need to keep guessing what works and what doesn't?

at least I have a guide in my mind and knows what will work until where ;)

am upgrading the PSU and my leadscrew, PSU will be here today, and leadscrew next week.
29deg leadscrew, i think will be better than my current...

More
22 Nov 2013 06:15 #41096 by andypugh

tried using one of those calculators to help me out, but it doesn't seems to change anything, as I entered my figures into the yellow box?

There is no magic in the calculator.

V = L dI/dt.

For 4.2A the delta-I for each full step is 8.4A. L = 6.8mH. V = 26V. That means that delta-t = 1.6mS.

With 100 full steps per rev, that comes out to about 400rpm. (the motors are 200 steps per turn, but I there are two phases)

This is just very rough, really you need to consider many more factors (and I think it might actually be 50 phase-reversals per rev, actually).
The following user(s) said Thank You: fannlow

More
22 Nov 2013 06:22 #41097 by fannlow

There is no magic in the calculator.

V = L dI/dt.

For 4.2A the delta-I for each full step is 8.4A. L = 6.8mH. V = 26V. That means that delta-t = 1.6mS.

With 100 full steps per rev, that comes out to about 400rpm. (the motors are 200 steps per turn, but I there are two phases)

This is just very rough, really you need to consider many more factors (and I think it might actually be 50 phase-reversals per rev, actually).

I understand where you get 4.2A, so full step is 8.4A.
L =6.8mH (inductant), and V = 26V (shouldn't it be 36.6V from my PSU?) confused here..
dT = 1.6mS (this is from your above eq.)

yea, the motors are 200 steps per turm @ H/L phrases as in the diagram.

well, I don't really know how to read that diagram and what does the freq 500KHz do?
also the 2C? a switch from L to H (low to high) i assume? the 2C = pulse A + pulse B? (1us + 1us?)

in respect to linuxCnC:
StepLen
StepSpace
DirHold
DirSetup

where do the numbers in the diagram go to?
or how do they get their numbers?

thanks

More
22 Nov 2013 07:00 #41099 by fannlow
Stepper calculator for sharing

calculator.josefprusa.cz/

belt drive, linear screw drive, etc...
i'm unsure how to share this into the forum, where users can check against what they have?
so I entered it here, since I don't see any folder out there for this?

and this one is good too!
www.daycounter.com/Calculators/Stepper-Motor-Calculator.phtml

thanks

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds