Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

More
08 Jan 2021 14:30 #194494 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

Gday Bevins, do you have the parameter settings somewhere for the Chinese servos you used on that roller rack machine you setup? You mentioned the need to adjust quite a few settings in my rover 23 retrofit thread.
Sorry to drop this here, wasn't sure how else to contact you.

Cheers

Sam

'
I tried searching for it and cannot find the spreadsheet of the commands and what was changed.

Do you have the manual with all the parameters? Need to open the loop so it is not closed in the drive and close it in linuixcnc from what I remember.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2021 21:05 #194545 by SPH
Replied by SPH on topic Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit
Ah, bummer.
Yes, I've got the manual but while quite readable it doesn't use terminology that's easily translated to terms I recognise. PID isn't mentioned.
I'll see if I can find one that relates to the the encoder loop.

More
05 Oct 2021 20:54 #222308 by viesturs.lacis
Hello, mr. Bevins!

I have retrofitted yet another Biesse to LinuxCNC and this time I have to do automagic toolchange as well. I have to admit that I got inspired by your remap success (meaning that I have already copied all the files from your github repository).
My main question is about your hal files. For example, BS-346_TC hal file in the comment at the beginning of the file mentions this:
"Created by XML to HAL converter in python: CreateHALfromXML.py"

Google has no idea, what is that. Can you, please, explain, what is that converter script? I was hoping to adjust your py and xml files for my machine - basically the same, except that there are 5 tool pockets. I was hoping that I could do with basically ctrl+c and ctrl+v of those "drop_tool" and "pickup_tool" sections and some other minor tweaks (like number of drill spindles etc). So then I would be glad to save some time by automagically creating hal files...

Viesturs

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds