Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

More
09 Feb 2017 20:55 #87703 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit
The inverter has an analog out 0-10 volts output to drive a speed dial that will annunciate the spindle speed. Can I bring this into a 7i77 analog input and use it so when the spindle gets up to speed I will have spindle-at-speed signal? Then the program can carry on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2017 21:46 #87707 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit
Yes, you can use one of the 7I77 analog inputs to read this. It wont be terribly accurate
but probably fine for generating spindle-at-speed

More
10 Feb 2017 07:42 #87747 by bevins
OK, so i got spindle working from gcode. Comes up to speed properly.
Only issue to reselve is pulse for enabling and a pulse for stopping. I tried with oneshot but couldnt get it done. If i cant figure it out i will just do it with the classicladder.

So i have spindle speed hitting the 7i77 analog in and i can see it in hal monitor. It is a bit low so i guess i will need the near function when i connect it. This i am struggling to,get spindle-at-speed with this input.

Cam i get a hint on how to do it? I have been searching the forums but cant find anything.

More
10 Feb 2017 14:36 - 10 Feb 2017 14:39 #87764 by Todd Zuercher
Did you see this section of the docs?
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/examples/spindle.html#_spindle_at_speed

I usually just let the VFD handle it. Most VFDs have programmable digital outputs one of which can usually be configured to send an at speed signal.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2017 14:39 by Todd Zuercher.

More
10 Feb 2017 15:21 #87767 by bevins

Did you see this section of the docs?
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/examples/spindle.html#_spindle_at_speed

I usually just let the VFD handle it. Most VFDs have programmable digital outputs one of which can usually be configured to send an at speed signal.

Yes I tried but it gets stuck in the component and I cant get it out and connected to spindle_at_speed.

I will check the VFD, Makes sense what your saying.

More
10 Feb 2017 21:19 #87780 by bevins
Whew..... I don't know why that was so hard. almost two days to figure this out.

Spindle is running, reporting at the analog pin, in Gcode all is well.
Spindle shutting off and on ok. Had to use classic ladder, I couldn't figure it out in Hal. Needed to pulse a relay when motion-sp-on goes true and pulse a different relay when motion-sp-on goes false.

Only thing left is to make sure the spindle is up to speed before it starts cutting.

Spindle-at-speed. I have the analog input and the data sitting there from the inverter. Have to figure out now what to do with it.

Bob

More
10 Feb 2017 22:08 - 10 Feb 2017 22:08 #87783 by Todd Zuercher
The hal input pin motion.spindle-at-speed when false, will cause Linuxcnc to stop and wait at the start of the first cutting move after a change in spindle speed (or spindle start). G0 positioning moves will still take place. It is all automatic. So If your file commands the spindle to start then a G0 move, then a G1,G2... The machine will start the spindle, do the G0 move, then if the spindle is up to speed start the cut, if the spindle is not up to speed by the time the machine has finished the G0 move, it will pause and wait for the spindle to finish starting, then start the cut.

So if you are using the analog speed input sent from your VFD, you would take the float pin from that, convert that number to RPM (or RPS) and use the near component to compare that speed feed back with motion.spindle-speed-out (or motion.spindle-speed-out-rps). The output of the near comp should go true when the spindle command and the spindle feedback are within the near limit you set. You would connect the near output to the motion.spindle-at-speed pin.

Clear as mud...

If you were able to find a digital at speed output from the VFD, you could just connect that signal directly to motion.spindle-at-speed and not screw around with the above near stuff.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2017 22:08 by Todd Zuercher.

More
11 Feb 2017 01:13 #87789 by bevins

The hal input pin motion.spindle-at-speed when false, will cause Linuxcnc to stop and wait at the start of the first cutting move after a change in spindle speed (or spindle start). G0 positioning moves will still take place. It is all automatic. So If your file commands the spindle to start then a G0 move, then a G1,G2... The machine will start the spindle, do the G0 move, then if the spindle is up to speed start the cut, if the spindle is not up to speed by the time the machine has finished the G0 move, it will pause and wait for the spindle to finish starting, then start the cut.

So if you are using the analog speed input sent from your VFD, you would take the float pin from that, convert that number to RPM (or RPS) and use the near component to compare that speed feed back with motion.spindle-speed-out (or motion.spindle-speed-out-rps). The output of the near comp should go true when the spindle command and the spindle feedback are within the near limit you set. You would connect the near output to the motion.spindle-at-speed pin.

Clear as mud...

If you were able to find a digital at speed output from the VFD, you could just connect that signal directly to motion.spindle-at-speed and not screw around with the above near stuff.

Its clear as mud up to the float pin point. I cant find it anywhere in the docs how to do it.

The VFD only has a inverter has stopped signal. not spindle at speed.

More
11 Feb 2017 03:52 #87794 by bevins

Clear as mud...

I am struggling with this. I have analog input that folloows the 0-10 scale for rpm.
How I use the float bit I have no idea. I have been searching and reading and cannot seem to find any examples.

Can I get a bit of help here?

Thanks in advance.

More
11 Feb 2017 05:33 #87799 by Todd Zuercher
You will take connect the pin from your analog input to a scale component to convert that value to RPM.
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/scale.9.html

Then connect the output pin of that to one of the inputs of the near component.

For more specific help, you'll need to post your hal file for us to pick out exactly what pins and signals your using.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bevins

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds