XHC-WHB04B-6 LinuxCNC not working

More
23 Apr 2020 10:52 - 23 Apr 2020 18:13 #165212 by StormBP
Hi,

i have a problem to with my new XHC-WHB04B-4. Mayby anyone is able to help me.
I did the following steps:

i compiled:

git clone github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc linuxcnc-dev
cd linuxcnc-dev
cd src
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-realtime=uspace
make
sudo make setuid

with no errors.

than copy the BIN-File XHC-WHB04B-6
from /linuxcnc-dev/bin/
to /usr/bin/

I make a rule. in etc/udev/rules.d/
ATTR{idProduct}=="eb93", ATTR{idVendor}=="10ce", MODE="0666", OWNER="root", GROUP="plugdev"

Than I run halrun in Terminal:

loadusr xhc-whb04b-4
....nothing happens...
only on the display from mpg switch all coordinates to zero...

If i run:

loadusr xhc-whb04b-4 -ec

then following message appeared in the terminall:

transmission failed, try to reconnect ...
transmission failed, try to reconnect ...
xhc-whb04b-6: hal/user_comps/xhc-whb04b-6/xhc-whb04b6.cc:526: void XhcWhb04b6::XhcWhb04b6Component::process(): Assertion `(0 == r) || (r == LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_DEVICE)' failed.

But if i press some buttons or twist the encoderwheel than comes some datas..

My problem ist thet LinuxCNC dont start. Debug information in attachment

File Attachment:

File Name: SiegCNC_20...4-23.hal
File Size:12 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: SiegCNC_20...4-23.ini
File Size:5 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: xhc-whb04b-6.hal
File Size:13 KB

Anyone a idea?

Debian Wheezy 3.4-9-rtai-686
LinuxCNC 2.9.0-pre0-1427
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Apr 2020 18:13 by StormBP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2020 22:27 #165583 by alkabal
Hi

You use Run in place or buildbot instal ?

Have you try to do : sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/xhc-whb04b-6 ?

Have you try to see what report lsusb ?

More
26 Apr 2020 14:55 #165668 by StormBP
Hi,

i use buildbot instal.
I try:
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/xhc-whb04b-6
but nothing happend.

lsusb list the dongel with the right adress:
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 10ce:eb93 Silicon Labs

I guess somehow the access rigth are not right. But im not sure. My linux skills are very low.
It amazes me that with the command "loadusr xhc-whb04b-6" nothing happend but if i run "loadusr xhc-whb04b-6 -ec" than data are transmit.

More
26 Apr 2020 20:35 #165694 by alkabal
If you use fres buildbot you don't need to compil driver yourself (already included)

Maybee they are conflict with ~./source/bin and /usr/bin
you can try to open 2 terminal :
first :
halrun
loadusr -W xhc-whb04b-6 -Hsf

second :
watch -n0.4 halcmd show pin whb.*

More
28 Apr 2020 10:11 #165940 by StormBP
nothing happends with
loadusr -W xhc-whb04b-6 -Hsf. No chance.

I installed buildbot new. Now with stretch not wheezy. I used the included driver.
and it works with:
halrun
loadusr -W xhc-whb04b-6 -Hsf
exclude the handwheel.
LinuxCNC starts.
The buttons have a function, exclude the handwheel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catch22

More
28 Apr 2020 10:32 #165946 by alkabal
You need to push Step or Con for mpg selection

default mode is feedrate override

More
28 Apr 2020 20:12 #166006 by StormBP
Oh yes!
Now i have a MPG.
Thank you alkabal for you asistance!

More
04 May 2020 21:43 #166682 by Diederik
Thank you very much. This was very helpfull.
It would be great if all this could be automated somehow, or included standard in linuxcnc. I followed all these steps, and it works, but now, I need to do a few more machines, and this process takes very long, and a lot of steps.

More
04 May 2020 23:18 - 30 Jun 2020 21:18 #166691 by alkabal
Hi

The driver is now integrated in 2.8 and 2.9

I think the job is done for only needed to do with a buildbot instal :
Add the exemple hal file in your config folder (use exemple from src folder on github rename as you want and add the named file in your ini HAL section + add the correspondent MDI command)

Unfortunatly the file does not display correctly on the github viewer but open this one on your linux computer should work fine
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master...r_comps/xhc-whb04b-6

help inside the exemple file :
#//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
### Example edit your ini and add :
#
#[HAL]
#HALFILE = <your-machine-hal>.hal
#HALFILE = xhc-whb04b-6.hal
#
## This section is for button mapping, you need to create for your own use.
#[HALUI]
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro0)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro1)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro2)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro3)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro4)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro5)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro6)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro7)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro8)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro9)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro10)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro11)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro12)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro13)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro14)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro15)
#MDI_COMMAND=(debug,macro16)

The rest of the file is the HAL file and is ready to use with comon setup (i hope)

I suggest to all to not use this exemple but use the file from github !
# ######################################################################
# load pendant components

loadusr -W xhc-whb04b-6 -HsfB

# pendant signal configuration

# On/Off signals
net machine.is-on                         halui.machine.is-on                   whb.halui.machine.is-on
net pdnt.machine.on                       whb.halui.machine.on                  halui.machine.on
net pdnt.machine.off                      whb.halui.machine.off                 halui.machine.off

# program related signals
net pdnt.program.is-idle                  whb.halui.program.is-idle             halui.program.is-idle
net pdnt.program.is-paused                whb.halui.program.is-paused           halui.program.is-paused
net pdnt.program-is-running               whb.halui.program.is-running          halui.program.is-running
net pdnt.program.resume                   whb.halui.program.resume              halui.program.resume
net pdnt.program.pause                    whb.halui.program.pause               halui.program.pause
net pdnt.program.run                      whb.halui.program.run                 halui.program.run
net pdnt.program.stop                     whb.halui.program.stop                halui.program.stop

# machine mode related signals
net pdnt.mode.auto                        whb.halui.mode.auto                   halui.mode.auto
net pdnt.mode.manual                      whb.halui.mode.manual                 halui.mode.manual
net pdnt.mode.mdi                         whb.halui.mode.mdi                    halui.mode.mdi
net pdnt.mode.joint                       whb.halui.mode.joint                  halui.mode.joint
net pdnt.mode.teleop                      whb.halui.mode.teleop                 halui.mode.teleop
net pdnt.mode.is-auto                     halui.mode.is-auto                    whb.halui.mode.is-auto
net pdnt.mode.is-manual                   halui.mode.is-manual                  whb.halui.mode.is-manual
net pdnt.mode.is-mdi                      halui.mode.is-mdi                     whb.halui.mode.is-mdi
net pdnt.mode.is-joint                    halui.mode.is-joint                   whb.halui.mode.is-joint
net pdnt.mode.is-teleop                   halui.mode.is-teleop                  whb.halui.mode.is-teleop

# "selected axis" signals
net pdnt.axis.X.select                    whb.halui.axis.x.select               halui.axis.x.select
net pdnt.axis.y.select                    whb.halui.axis.y.select               halui.axis.y.select
net pdnt.axis.Z.select                    whb.halui.axis.z.select               halui.axis.z.select

net pdnt.axis.x.jog-scale                 whb.axis.x.jog-scale                  axis.x.jog-scale
net pdnt.axis.y.jog-scale                 whb.axis.y.jog-scale                  axis.y.jog-scale
net pdnt.axis.z.jog-scale                 whb.axis.z.jog-scale                  axis.z.jog-scale

net pdnt.axis.x.jog-counts                whb.axis.x.jog-counts                 axis.x.jog-counts
net pdnt.axis.y.jog-counts                whb.axis.y.jog-counts                 axis.y.jog-counts
net pdnt.axis.z.jog-counts                whb.axis.z.jog-counts                 axis.z.jog-counts

net pdnt.axis.x.jog-enable                whb.axis.x.jog-enable                 axis.x.jog-enable
net pdnt.axis.y.jog-enable                whb.axis.y.jog-enable                 axis.y.jog-enable
net pdnt.axis.z.jog-enable                whb.axis.z.jog-enable                 axis.z.jog-enable

net pdnt.axis.x.jog-vel-mode              whb.axis.x.jog-vel-mode               axis.x.jog-vel-mode
net pdnt.axis.y.jog-vel-mode              whb.axis.y.jog-vel-mode               axis.y.jog-vel-mode
net pdnt.axis.z.jog-vel-mode              whb.axis.z.jog-vel-mode               axis.z.jog-vel-mode

# macro buttons to MDI commands
net pdnt.macro-1                          whb.button.macro-1                    halui.mdi-command-01             # use MDI command from main.ini
net pdnt.macro-2                          whb.button.macro-2                    halui.mdi-command-02             # use MDI command from main.ini or used for Hardcoded lube on/off
net pdnt.reserved.for.spindle+            whb.button.macro-3                                                     # Hardcoded for spindle+ whb.halui.spindle.increase
net pdnt.reserved.for.spindle-            whb.button.macro-4                                                     # Hardcoded for spindle- whb.halui.spindle.decrease
net pdnt.macro-5                          whb.button.macro-5                    halui.mdi-command-05             # use MDI command from main.ini
net pdnt.macro-6                          whb.button.macro-6                    halui.mdi-command-06             # use MDI command from main.ini
net pdnt.macro-7                          whb.button.macro-7                    halui.mdi-command-07             # use MDI command from main.ini
net pdnt.reserved.for.spindle.dir         whb.button.macro-8                                                     # Hardcoded for spindle direction inside pendant
net pdnt.macro-9                          whb.button.macro-9                    halui.mdi-command-09             # use MDI command from main.ini
net pdnt.reserved.for.ABS-REL             whb.button.macro-10                                                    # Hardcoded for swap Dro  Relative/Absolue
net pdnt.macro-14                         whb.button.macro-14                   halui.mdi-command-14             # use MDI command from main.ini
net pdnt.reserved.for.flood               whb.button.macro-15                                                    # Hardcoded for halui.flood on/off
net pdnt.reserved.for.mist                whb.button.macro-16                                                    # Hardcoded for halui.mist on/off

net pdnt.macro.11                         whb.button.macro-11                   halui.mdi-command-11             # use MDI command from main.ini
net pdnt.macro.12                         whb.button.macro-12                   halui.mdi-command-12             # use MDI command from main.ini
net pdnt.macro.13                         whb.button.macro-13                   halui.mdi-command-13             # use MDI command from main.ini

# flood and mist toggle signals
net  pdnt.flood.is-on                     whb.halui.flood.is-on                 halui.flood.is-on                #return signal is on or off
net  pdnt.flood.off                       whb.halui.flood.off                   halui.flood.off                  #reserved whb.button.macro-15
net  pdnt.flood.on                        whb.halui.flood.on                    halui.flood.on                   #reserved whb.button.macro-15

net  pdnt.mist.is-on                      whb.halui.mist.is-on                  halui.mist.is-on                 #return signal is on or off
net  pdnt.mist.off                        whb.halui.mist.off                    halui.mist.off                   #reserved whb.button.macro-16
net  pdnt.mist.on                         whb.halui.mist.on                     halui.mist.on                    #reserved whb.button.macro-16

#net  pdnt.lube.is-on                      whb.halui.lube.is-on                  halui.lube.is-on                 #return signal is on or off
#net  pdnt.lube.off                        whb.halui.lube.off                    halui.lube.off                   #reserved whb.button.macro-2
#net  pdnt.lube.on                         whb.halui.lube.on                     halui.lube.on                    #reserved whb.button.macro-2

# default function button signals
net pdnt.button.m-home                    whb.button.m-home                     halui.home-all                   # Homing use built-in halui home all
net pdnt.button.safe-z                    whb.button.safe-z                     halui.mdi-command-03             # Safe-z  use MDI command from main.ini
net pdnt.button.w-home                    whb.button.w-home                     halui.mdi-command-04             # Unpark  use MDI command from main.ini
net pdnt.button.probe-z                   whb.button.probe-z                    halui.mdi-command-08             # Probe-Z use MDI command from main.ini

# unused, just exposes pendant internal status or as basic button
#net pdnt.mode-lead                        whb.halui.feed.selected-lead
#net pdnt.mode-mpg-feed                    whb.halui.feed.selected-mpg-feed
#net pdnt.mode-continuous                  whb.halui.feed.selected-continuous
#net pdnt.mode-step                        whb.halui.feed.selected-step

#net pdnt.button.mode-mpg                  whb.button.mode-continuous
#net pdnt.button.mode-step                 whb.button.mode-step
#net pdnt.button.fn                        whb.button.fn
#net pdnt.button.reset                     whb.button.reset
#net pdnt.button.stop                      whb.button.stop
#net pdnt.button.start-pause               whb.button.start-pause
#net pdnt.button.s-on-off                  whb.button.s-on-off
#net pdnt.button.spindle-plus              whb.button.spindle-plus
#net pdnt.button.spindle-minus             whb.button.spindle-minus
#net pdnt.button.feed-plus                 whb.button.feed-plus
#net pdnt.button.feed-minus                whb.button.feed-minus

# spindle related signals
net pdnt.spindle.is-on                    whb.halui.spindle.is-on               spindle.0.on
net pdnt.spindle.start                    whb.halui.spindle.start               halui.spindle.0.start
net pdnt.spindle.stop                     whb.halui.spindle.stop                halui.spindle.0.stop
net pdnt.spindle.forward                  whb.halui.spindle.forward             halui.spindle.0.forward
net pdnt.spindle.reverse                  whb.halui.spindle.reverse             halui.spindle.0.reverse
net pdnt.spindle.increase                 whb.halui.spindle.increase            halui.spindle.0.increase         # reserved whb.button.macro-3
net pdnt.spindle.decrease                 whb.halui.spindle.decrease            halui.spindle.0.decrease         # reserved whb.button.macro-4
net pdnt.spindle-speed-abs                whb.halui.spindle-speed-cmd           spindle.0.speed-out-abs          # speed cmd from motion in rpm absolue

# spindle speed override signals
net pdnt.spindle-override.scale           whb.halui.spindle-override.scale      halui.spindle.0.override.scale   # needed for both spindle+/- and spindleoverride+/- button
net pdnt.spindle.override.value           halui.spindle.0.override.value        whb.halui.spindle-override.value # GUI feed rate related signals
net pdnt.spindle.override.increase        whb.halui.spindle-override.increase   halui.spindle.0.override.increase
net pdnt.spindle.override.decrease        whb.halui.spindle-override.decrease   halui.spindle.0.override.decrease

# GUI feed rate related signals can be used when program is running moving GUI slider
net pdnt.feed-override.scale              whb.halui.feed-override.scale         halui.feed-override.scale        # needed for both FeedOverride+/- and rotary knob button
net pdnt.max-velocity.value               whb.halui.max-velocity.value          halui.max-velocity.value         # needed for Mpg mode : button feed position% * max-velocity = Mpg feedrate

# take feed override min/max values from/to the GUI
net pdnt.feed-override.value              halui.feed-override.value             whb.halui.feed-override.value    # GUI feed rate related signals
net pdnt.feed-override.increase           whb.halui.feed-override.increase      halui.feed-override.increase
net pdnt.feed-override.decrease           whb.halui.feed-override.decrease      halui.feed-override.decrease

# axis position related signals feedback
net pdnt.axis.x.pos-feedback              halui.axis.x.pos-feedback             whb.halui.axis.x.pos-feedback
net pdnt.axis.y.pos-feedback              halui.axis.y.pos-feedback             whb.halui.axis.y.pos-feedback
net pdnt.axis.z.pos-feedback              halui.axis.z.pos-feedback             whb.halui.axis.z.pos-feedback

# axis position related signals relative
net pdnt.axis.x.pos-relative              halui.axis.x.pos-relative             whb.halui.axis.x.pos-relative
net pdnt.axis.y.pos-relative              halui.axis.y.pos-relative             whb.halui.axis.y.pos-relative
net pdnt.axis.z.pos-relative              halui.axis.z.pos-relative             whb.halui.axis.z.pos-relative

I suggest to all to not use this exemple but use the file from github !

The exemple file is for 3 axis ! if you need to use with Lathe you need to edit and remove Y relevant line
If you need to use 4 axis or more you need to copy past and edit for put the other axes.
I have do some effort for make a ready to use exemple file but everybody are welcome for enhance this driver.

Br

Ps : if you are able to do this, i think your welcome for add this to stepconf and pnconf :laugh: :laugh:

Edit if you have some difficulty, please try to use this post :
forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...king?start=90#164533
Last edit: 30 Jun 2020 21:18 by alkabal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFouFou

More
06 May 2020 19:51 #166887 by MrFouFou
Many thanks alkabal, my pendant is now working !

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds