Z axis

More
02 May 2020 22:59 - 02 May 2020 23:00 #166444 by motal2004
Z axis was created by motal2004
Hi again.
I’m finishing up my basic configuration so I can start on the PlasmaC .I’m stuck on the z axis specifically with the limits setting.
I have all other axis calibrated, home switch switch work along with the offset. I hit the home all button they all work but the z axis.
I attached a picture of my z axis for reference. I’m following the plasmac users guild, I’m in section 4.4 My Questions are ;
I set my the switch inputs for all axis to “home”, pnnconf wizard, X YY’ are working this way. Should I keep z axis the same or should I select a limit/home shared.
In the picture a tab on the left side is the proximity sensor marker. Is this suppose to be my home? Travel up, towards stepper motor is 1.5 inch max and travel to slats is about 3.85 inches
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 May 2020 23:00 by motal2004.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2020 23:09 #166445 by motal2004
Replied by motal2004 on topic Z axis
here are my ini and hal files
Attachments:

More
03 May 2020 09:04 #166481 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Z axis
Try jogging to the top of your Z axis and touch off the Z at 4.00 and nver touch it again...
That should put the z 0.0 at the bottom of travel

More
03 May 2020 09:11 #166484 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Z axis
Change the limits for z axis to min 0 and max 4.

More
03 May 2020 19:47 #166528 by motal2004
I was messing with the proximity sensor and was able to jog the z axis down and it finished homing. I did do the touch off. so follow up question is will I have to do this every time I start my machine up, or will the touch off be stored in my configuration ? my understating is that you to home all joints every time you power on machine is this correct?
another question is in regards to the floating switch/Breakaway Switch
I have a mechanical switch NO set up for my breakaway. In the pnnconfig wizard under the TB3 tab section is the place to set up the inputs and outputs what is the label that the float switch should be ? while in the TB3 section what is should I pick for the function for signal to the relay for turning on the router/torch?

More
03 May 2020 19:55 #166532 by tommylight
What board?

More
03 May 2020 19:57 #166533 by motal2004
Mesa 7i96

More
03 May 2020 20:11 - 03 May 2020 20:12 #166535 by tommylight
For PlasmaC you just enter the physical pin that the float/ohmic is wired to, something like
hm2_7i96.0.gpio.006.in
Just check the input number and change accordingly .
In PlasmaC configurator.
Last edit: 03 May 2020 20:12 by tommylight. Reason: info

More
03 May 2020 20:21 #166537 by motal2004
Ok, will try that. Looks like everything is working. Just to make sure when I jog my z axis “ +” positive my torch should be moving down right?

More
03 May 2020 21:53 #166542 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Z axis

Ok, will try that. Looks like everything is working. Just to make sure when I jog my z axis “ +” positive my torch should be moving down right?

Have read this:-

Note
Base machine configuration means a complete working system without any plasma connections. All axes should be working and tuned for best performance and all home and limit switches if installed should be operating correctly.
Important
DO NOT ADD ANY PLASMA CONNECTIONS SUCH AS TORCH_ON OR ARC_OK ETC. HERE, THESE WILL BE ADDED LATER DURING THE PlasmaC CONFIGURATION.
Recommended settings for the Z axis are:

Z MINIMUM_LIMIT should be just below top of the slats with allowances for float_switch_travel and tolerance. So if your float switch took 4mm (0.0157") to activate then set your Z minimum 5mm (0.096) below the lowest slat.

Z MAXIMUM_LIMIT should be the highest you want the Z axis to travel (must not be lower than Z HOME_OFFSET)

Z HOME should be just below the maximum limit

Important
YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HOME YOUR MACHINE, TOUCH OFF, JOG TO SOFT LIMITS WITHOUT CRASHING AND RUN SOME TEST G-CODE WITHOUT ANY ERRORS.
When and ONLY WHEN this stage is successfully completed can you configure PlasmaC on top of your working machine.

You can create a base machine manually or you may use existing configuration helpers:

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds