Turret Rotating to fast and missing steps

More
08 Oct 2022 18:08 #253767 by tommylight
Check the wiring first, not just visually, remove the DIR wire from the drive connector and insert it again.
Also, if using cheap china drives, replace that drive with another that works, if it works, the issue is inside the drive usually a cold solder joint on the optocouplers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2022 18:37 #253769 by Turners
I have no other drives if I buy another and the problem still there wheres the next place to look.?
The problem just suddenly happened. Worked a week ago Haven't managed to use it yet.
If a pulse signal is going one way and it moves the motor one way. What tells it to change direction? at a loss.

It goes clockwise fine and sounds OK but when I jog the other way still it rotates clockwise but sounds rough and slow. What do the little relay jumpers do??

More
08 Oct 2022 20:00 #253773 by tommylight

It goes clockwise fine and sounds OK but when I jog the other way still it rotates clockwise but sounds rough and slow. What do the little relay jumpers do??

Step and dir pins reversed.

More
08 Oct 2022 22:17 #253778 by Turners
You mean the step and direction pins in the config file need to be ticked?
Or the little black relay jumpers on the board are step and direction pins ? Highlighted with circle

Also to multimeter touch top of pin then other end to ground or com see photo
Attachments:

More
09 Oct 2022 12:01 #253806 by Turners
Hi I swap A axis with pins 8 and 9 seem to work now . Does that mean something is gone in the board? I noticed one of the little lights on pin 4 flicks on then off but clicks if need pics I will give you.
I tried to multimeter x axis pins but got no readings so gave up. Something I'm doing wrong.

More
09 Oct 2022 13:51 #253807 by Turners
Could someone tell me what's these mean.?
Max velocity = 23
Max acceleration =500
Stepgen maxaccel =600
Scale=-400
Scale seems off I thought Clives files was set for a boxford lathe
How do these interact.?
My A axis rotates around and back now but misses the pawl how do I know what to scale it too please

More
10 Oct 2022 07:17 #253853 by Aciera
You will need to set the scale to your stepper motor, SCALE defines how many steps or microsteps the motor needs to rotate 1°. If you don't know what your drive settings are you will have to experiment a bit.

Have a look here for more information
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config/ini-config.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Turners

More
16 Oct 2022 15:54 - 16 Oct 2022 15:55 #254237 by Turners
Why do I have so many offset ?
Lathe only needs one.
I want to have my drill and turret on center line then ofset my tools accordingly. How do I save this so don't have to keep clocking in. And can I turn off all the offsets I don't need?
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Oct 2022 15:55 by Turners.

More
17 Oct 2022 16:42 #254340 by Turners
this is my file I'm trying to get G96
to work i have a pulse indexer on pin 12
the other pins are not set
i have to turn the spindle on the machine the spindle ramps up to the constant surface speed but when it gets to feed it, but it doesn't move on G1 F.1 rev in .nc file.
can anyone explain to me what's going on
files attached
Attachments:

More
18 Oct 2022 13:07 #254411 by Turners
Am I blowing octocuplers.?
I had direction issue on pin 4 and 5 because a axis only wanted to rotate one way. So I changed to pins 8 and 9 this worked fine for a while now that to is only routing in one direction.
This is frustrating

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds