7i77 testers wanted

More
30 Apr 2012 03:59 - 30 Apr 2012 04:00 #19633 by maxvdh
Replied by maxvdh on topic Re:7i77 testers wanted
I tried removing the . before analogena in two instances in the pncconf code but that just resulted in a different error.

Also noticed that despite the fact that the spindle encoder counts can be read in HAL meter in AXIS, Axis does not seem to display a rotation speed. "Velocity" reads 0 but I'm not sure if that's supposed to be spindle speed or traverse speed.
Last edit: 30 Apr 2012 04:00 by maxvdh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2012 04:55 #19634 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:7i77 testers wanted
What was ther error?
I found the two line you are talking of - yes the period must be removed.

As for the spindle speed are you talking of the gladvcp or pyvcp display option or something else?

More
30 Apr 2012 05:22 - 30 Apr 2012 05:26 #19635 by maxvdh
The terminal messages "hm2_5i25.0.encoder.03
<stdin>:13: setp requires 2 arguments, 8 given
RTAPI: ERROR: could not open shared memory (errno=2)" come up when I initiate the open loop test dialog but I don't get anything more useful after that. The error message box comes up when I hit the "Enable Amp" button and says "PNCConf encountered an error. The following information may be useful in troubleshooting:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/pncconf/", line 9107, in on_enable_toggled
self.update_axis_params()
File "/usr/bin/pncconf/", line 9077, in update_axis_params
halrun.flush()

IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe"

As far as the spindle speed display issue I'm seeing, I'm not sure how to answer your question because I'm not familiar enough with those yet. What happens is, if I start LinuxCNC and select the only configuration I've made with PNCConf and then I manually switch on my spindle (through my VFD), I don't see the "Velocity: 0" number in the black display area of AXIS change at all. If I start HAL meter though I can see the spindle encoder count increasing.

Another issue with PNCConf that I've noticed is that every time I run it, it resets the configuration to 2x 7i76, 12 encoders, 6 channels. The Smart Serial Tabs appear to still be correct though. I have to manually switch it back to 2x 7i77, 6 encoders, 3 channels every time.
Thanks,
Max
Last edit: 30 Apr 2012 05:26 by maxvdh.

More
30 Apr 2012 05:32 #19636 by cmorley
ahh it looks like I forgot to add a bunch of /n on some lines near the double period errors.

I will look at the code for the number of components.

Thanks you for your patient help here :)

More
30 Apr 2012 05:43 #19637 by maxvdh
Thanks for your patience with my limited understanding of the program. I put in \n in areas where it looked like it was missing and I get this error in the terminal now "<stdin>:14: parameter or pin 'hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.analogout3-mixlim' not found
RTAPI: ERROR: could not open shared memory (errno=2)
"

Same error messages upon pressing the enable amp button.

More
30 Apr 2012 05:46 #19638 by cmorley
in that same area two lines should be:
halrun.write("setp "+self.pwm+"-minlim %.1f\n"% pwmmaxlimit)

note 'minlim' not mixlim

we are getting somewhere though!

More
30 Apr 2012 05:50 #19639 by cmorley
I can not repeat the component number problem so far...

More
30 Apr 2012 17:58 #19666 by maxvdh
The component number and firmware selection problem has been 100% repeatable for me unfortunately.

However, after fixing the mixlims I no longer get errors in the open loop test! This is great. Now I have another problem and I'm not sure if it's a wiring problem or what. As soon as I enable the amplifier, the pin I understand to be AOUT3 from the 7i77 manual (TB5 pin 16) goes straight to +10V. I would have thought the ENA+ and ENA- pins should be the ones that change state when the amplifier is enabled and then the AOUT line should be the one that is set to the DAC value. Am I misunderstanding something? I'll reread a bit and see if I can figure out what's going on.

More
30 Apr 2012 23:10 #19675 by cmorley
Ok I will push the changes soon.

When you talk about the Aout3 going to +10 are you talking in the openloop test?

More
30 Apr 2012 23:13 #19676 by maxvdh
Right. In the open loop test, shouldn't those DAC voltages (the defaults are .5 and 5V) only be applied to the AOUT3 output when the +/- buttons are pressed? Enabling the amplifier should just close the ENA+/ENA- switch, shouldn't it?

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds