hazzy - Another touchscreen GUI

More
24 Jun 2017 18:57 - 24 Jun 2017 18:58 #94896 by massimodamassa
No, I was referring to the "grazie" of the " elfalegname " I answered him in Italian ;-)
Last edit: 24 Jun 2017 18:58 by massimodamassa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2017 19:05 #94897 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic hazzy - Another touchscreen GUI
I should have realized that!
I have spent the last two days trying to learn Italian so I could translate that, and it was not even for me :blush:

More
25 Jun 2017 10:23 #94916 by massimodamassa
It would also serve the angles of the tool and the orientation.

Here is well explained linuxcnc.org/docs/html/lathe/lathe-user.html

More
27 Jun 2017 03:20 #95016 by KCJ
Massimo, thanks for the links. Getting closer to being able to start on the lathe mode and any and all info is appreciated. I was looking at this video to try and get some ideas for the work flow when setting offsets etc.

More
27 Jun 2017 04:20 #95018 by KCJ
UPDATE
I have been making some progress on hazzy lately and today I pushed the changes to master . Most significantly, I decided to move away from using the VCP SourceView widgets for the Gcode displays on the MAIN and FILE tabs. By doing this I was able to eliminate a lot of messy, hard to maintain code, fix several bugs with the syntax highlighting, and add some features.

BUGFIX
Syntax highlighting should now work automatically no matter were the hazzy directory is located. Since the language spec and style scheme files are now distributed with hazzy, any changes will be updated when you update hazzy.

FEATURES
When an error is encountered in a Gcode program the error line will be scrolled to and highlighted red.
When a segment is clicked in the preview the corresponding line will be scrolled to and highlighted blue.
As always, when a program is running the current motion line will be highlighted light gray.
Double clinking on the Gcode views will hide the line numbers.
Attachments:

More
27 Jun 2017 05:58 - 27 Jun 2017 06:52 #95019 by massimodamassa
In my opinion, since the tools have the same relative position as they are mounted on a platter, during zeroing it is necessary to set them by reference to the absolute coordinates of the machine G59
For video reproduction then the offset to the rotation axis X corresponds to zero and is constant, and to the Z axis of the source in use at that es. G54, thus making the graphics of the procession always centered on video.
Tormach has always been my dream, a pity that only works with the mesa 5i25 while i use a 5i22-1 because i need 96 IO ;-).
I'm sure hazzy will be a nice GUI.
Ask everything you need if I can help you.
Sorry for the translation, I go to google ahah
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jun 2017 06:52 by massimodamassa.

More
03 Jul 2017 03:37 #95287 by KCJ
This weekend I replaced the HAL Gremlin back plot with a directly implemented version. The new Gremlin generates the preview in a separate thread so the main UI does not freeze when loading large files. It is now possible to home the machine etc. while the preview is loading. I was also able to add a label indicating the loading progress and fix several bugs related to the back plot not updating properly after changing the work offsets.

I would really appreciate it if some of you would be willing to test the "GremlinThreading" branch and let me know of any errors:
github.com/KurtJacobson/hazzy/tree/GremlinThreading

It does not look like I will be able to get the lathe mode added before going out of the country this Thursday. I will be back around the beginning of August and should have time to work on it then.

Thanks,
Kurt
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: andypugh, billykid, nkp, tommylight, massimodamassa

More
03 Jul 2017 05:39 #95288 by massimodamassa
We will wait patiently

More
03 Jul 2017 08:30 - 03 Jul 2017 08:30 #95290 by racedirector
Quick question...

Can hazzy use additional tabs like those added with the Probe utility and NativeCam yet? Will consider changing to hazzy if these are a go because I am loving your work on it so far....
Last edit: 03 Jul 2017 08:30 by racedirector.

More
03 Jul 2017 09:26 - 03 Jul 2017 09:27 #95294 by eFalegname

Quick question...

Can hazzy use additional tabs like those added with the Probe utility and NativeCam yet? Will consider changing to hazzy if these are a go because I am loving your work on it so far....

...this must be my way also...
Good job kcj!
Last edit: 03 Jul 2017 09:27 by eFalegname.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds