window = gtk.Dialog("My dialog",
                   None,
                   gtk.DIALOG_MODAL | gtk.DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,
                   (gtk.STOCK_CANCEL, gtk.RESPONSE_REJECT,
                    gtk.STOCK_OK, gtk.RESPONSE_ACCEPT))
for num,axis in enumerate('xyz'):
    dro = HAL_DRO()
    dro.set_property("joint_number", num)
    window.vbox.pack_start(dro, False, False, 2)
window.connect("destroy", gtk.main_quit)

window.show_all()
response = window.run()
if response == gtk.RESPONSE_ACCEPT:
   print "ok"
else:
   print "cancel"

All you need to do is build your widgets.
GLADE is just easier faster if you are not a programmer.

Chris M
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2017 18:43 #100804 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic hazzy - Another touchscreen GUI
Thanks Chris! I did not know that was possible.
It does look like I am duplicating effort ...

More
25 Oct 2017 18:48 - 25 Oct 2017 18:57 #100805 by cmorley

I really appreciate the work that has gone into Gscreen (and its derivatives like Gmoccapy), but my feeling is that it is more of a set of building blocks that a developer can use to build a new screen, rather than a complete interface that can be quickly and easily customized and configured by the typical LinuxCNC user.

Actually Gmoccapy was a skin for Gscreen in the beginning.
Gscreen is not a screen as per say, it's an infrostructure. Screens are skins that Gscreen displays.
It is possible to build a basic functional screen with just GLADEVCP widgets. see the docs for an example.
You can add python code to it to do custom things and all of the built in examples do use python code.
By adding more custom widgets to gladevcp, one could build a much more sophisticated screen with just widgets.

gladeVCP was not built with using it without GLADE in mind, so it's not optimized for that but that is just code to be added.

It just seems so wasteful of effort and talent to build another screen mechanism - many people have spent a lots of time on gladevcp and gscreen to do mostly what you want! Just build your custom widgets and help with the gtk3 conversion would be miles ahead.

Chris M
Last edit: 25 Oct 2017 18:57 by cmorley.

More
11 Mar 2018 02:40 #107204 by RothMetalWorks
I see it's been a while since this post was last updated. I'm working on setting up a lathe & I really liked what I saw of this GUI. Is it still being developed? I'd really like to use it if it is usable.

Thanks!

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
11 Mar 2018 03:24 #107205 by KCJ
I do plan to continue developing hazzy, but at the moment I am concentrating on other things. It is not far from a usable state, however there are a couple of somewhat daunting issues that I need to find solutions for. Hopefully I will have the time and energy to tackle them in the not too distant future!

Stay tuned and try to ignore all the static :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: persei8

More
14 Mar 2018 17:53 #107354 by persei8
Are you still updating to GitHub? The newest updates I can find are about 8 months old and I see on youtube that you've added several other features.

More
14 Mar 2018 17:59 #107355 by KCJ
Yes, we are currently developing on the GTK3 branch which you can find here: github.com/kurtjacobson/hazzy/tree/GTK3
The following user(s) said Thank You: persei8

More
19 Mar 2018 04:33 #107533 by persei8
Where does hazzy look for the GTK version? I installed GTK+ -3.22.0 (at least I think I did, it compiled and installed) but still get the following error:

[HAZZY.MAIN][CRITICAL] GTK+ is version 3.18.9 but hazzy requires GTK+ 3.20 or above (main.py:82)

Is there some independent way to get the GTK version?
I attached the log file. Thanks.
Attachments:

More
19 Mar 2018 17:55 #107554 by KCJ
hazzy uses PyGObject to access all the GObject-based libraries (like GTK) from python. My guess would be that you have successfully installed GTK+ 3.22.0, but don't have the corresponding version GObject installed.

You should be able to check the output of `$ apt-cache policy libgtk-3-0` to verify the version of GTK+ you have installed.

I am not sure what the best why to install PyGObject is. You can probably install it from source from here: www.gtk.org/download/linux.php

TurBoss mentioned that PyGObject can now be installed via pip, but I have not tried that. Probably best to use a virtual environment if you give that a go. It also might be worth trying `$ apt-get install python-gi-dev --dry-run` and see what it looks like it would install.

What OS are you using? I might install it on a test machine and see what it takes to get GTK 3.22 installed and hazzy to run.

Sorry I can't provide any better help, I am still new to all things Linux.

More
20 Mar 2018 04:22 - 20 Mar 2018 05:01 #107583 by persei8
Thanks for the attempt to help, but I give up - and that doesn't happen often. I compiled and installed gtk+-3.22.29 as well as all dependencies, including pygobject, as listed on gtk.org and apt-cache policy libgtk-3-0 still reports using 3.18.9. This is on Linux Mint 18.3 64 bit (dual booting with Windows10). Supposedly Mint 19 should be available sometime this spring so maybe it will come native with the latest gtk+. Just as well, I should be working on a doll crib for my granddaughter.
Quick update - gtk3.0 is definitely installed because the Cinammon UI is using it.
Last edit: 20 Mar 2018 05:01 by persei8.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds