A Widescreen Blender-Style Interface

More
29 Oct 2018 14:24 #119592 by andypugh

Jerry, the screenshots in this thread are Brenda's "artists renderings" (if you will) of how she intends the screen to look. The screen has not been implemented yet, and, without meaning to belittle it in any way, is nothing more than a collection of SVGs at this point.

It would be entirely possible to make the SVG into a GUI. It might not be sensible, but it is possible.
SVG supports active elements. www.petercollingridge.co.uk/tutorials/svg/interactive/button/

I don't know if the "<script type=" can specify Python, and I am not currently at a PC where I can experiment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2018 15:03 #119597 by Askjerry
OK... I've been wanting to change some things on the screen... I've gotten really good at pyVCP and even some Glade panels... but some of the buttons, etc on the left... I wish i could rework a bit. (Without major rewrites to the system.)

More
22 Mar 2019 18:33 #129270 by Vinito
Wow I hope this gets some traction. I'm not any help with the programming but I do like the look and layout from what I see so far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, FritziAnn

More
24 Oct 2020 08:14 #187078 by sns5400
This look very nice, i am building a 5 axis cnc machine and use for the moment cncjs. But i was thinking to use linuxcnc and found this possible look.

Is this to be installed or how this work

More
24 Oct 2020 13:36 #187104 by Lcvette
i do not think this ever came to fruition, you could build it using qtpyvcp probably.

or you could check out probe basic which has a similar feel to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, pinder

More
25 Oct 2020 09:04 #187177 by andypugh
Probe Basic (odd name) is here, along with some others:
www.qtpyvcp.com/showcase/mill_vcps.html

If you look on the Githib link for QtPyVCP in the examples folder is "Brender" which i believe to be based on this thread.
I don't know how complete it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
19 Apr 2021 04:38 - 19 Apr 2021 04:40 #206349 by BrendaEM
(Sorry for my absence, I've been having my life and health fall apart.)

Various button images could be exported from the interface SVG, though I wanted to give the programmers the lead for which widgets, whether native toolkits--or the exported images in various states, (like a webpage.)

[At one time, I was working on an interface for a tunneling electron microscope, which was done in Processing using icons for most things. Sadly, I wish processing was liberated from Java and Oracle's reach, as it was great for doing interfaces in.]

There was a lot of input from other Linux members that went into the interface design. Thank you. The interface was also stepchild of several other good interfaces, which is probably why 90% of 546 people gave it a thumbs up VS down, of the 25,763 who saw it.

I had a lot of problems on this forum. I know I ruffled some feathers, but in the end I hope that the problems that I experience would not change the outcome of the interface.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2021 04:40 by BrendaEM.

More
19 Apr 2021 21:55 #206482 by cmorley
Hope things get better for you Brenda.
It was a good discussion, that got creative juice moving.

More
24 Nov 2023 18:39 #286419 by Mohammed99745
Is this gui available to use? 

More
24 Nov 2023 19:18 #286423 by tommylight

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds