Work with probe

More
11 Feb 2022 06:20 #234552 by juwi
Replied by juwi on topic Work with probe
Hi!

I have a probe attached to a slide that drops it if needed.
Therefore it is offset in x, y and z.
The probe comes down beneath the spindle.
How do I configure this?

Best regards
Julian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2022 20:45 #234601 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Work with probe
Work offsets will be your friend. G54 et al. You might also be able to define those offsets in your tool table.

More
30 Mar 2022 21:41 #238834 by sudocrapo
Replied by sudocrapo on topic Work with probe
After a few days of stumbling around with probe screen NG I am at a loss. Z probing works fine, but XY seems to be reversed.
The machine jogs correctly in all axis from the PSNG screen.
When I want to find a X+ edge it starts probing in the X- direction??

Any pointers would be appreciated.

More
31 Mar 2022 21:35 #238940 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Work with probe
Are you 100% sure that your machine is set up right? It is not uncommon to configure an axis to move in the wrong direction.

X+ should move the tool right or the table left if Y+ moves the tool away from you are the table towards you.

More
01 Apr 2022 04:11 #238967 by sudocrapo
I'm 99% sure.. I set up this machine to home front Y0, left X0. Tool at right/rear is max travel. The machine DRO coordinates increase to the right X+ and Y+ toward the rear of the table. (My mill homes rear left)

The DRO reads correct, I've cut several objects, everything moves as expected.

I do have the X motor reversed in software, the Y motors are correct.
I want to correct that, but not that desperate..yet.

Thanks.

More
03 May 2022 16:58 - 03 May 2022 17:20 #241935 by Jungleboy
Replied by Jungleboy on topic Work with probe
yeah, it runs backwackwards in the latest debian 10 distribution.
Also makes a z-down move that aint quite right.
When run via a SSH/xwindow, all kinds of errors are thrown to vterminal including missing REMAP module and code errors.
Last edit: 03 May 2022 17:20 by Jungleboy.

More
04 May 2022 01:08 #241960 by sudocrapo
That debian 10 distro has several issues. Basic stuff like the network manager, the SMB settings, the time settings, the sleep/screen saver just to name a few, all have to be fixed. IMHO Linuxcnc needs a larger community, but with ISO's like that deb10 it's going to be tough.

I'll give it go for awhile, but i think that Mesa card is going in the trash, to be replaced by a Ethernet Smooth Stepper. Mach3/4 has its issues but has worked for many years on my mill.

More
04 May 2022 15:26 #241985 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Work with probe

That debian 10 distro has several issues. Basic stuff like the network manager, the SMB settings, the time settings, the sleep/screen saver just to name a few, all have to be fixed.

If you know how to fix the issues at ISO build time, then please list the fixes. I will try to include them in the next 2.8 ISO release. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, JohnnyCNC

More
09 May 2022 05:13 #242356 by GuiHue
Replied by GuiHue on topic Work with probe
Out of curiosity: do any of the probe screen variants (verser v2, ng or alkabals v3) work in current master? I would expect trouble with python 3:).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish

More
28 May 2022 08:34 #244043 by ikkuh
Replied by ikkuh on topic Work with probe

Out of curiosity: do any of the probe screen variants (verser v2, ng or alkabals v3) work in current master? I would expect trouble with python 3:).

I use Debian 11 and the LinuxCNC version (2.9 pre, updated almost daily Thnx!) that is in the repo's.
QtDragon is my gui of choice, the Versaprobe routines work fine, they are integrated in the gui.
It's all the other stuff that doesn't work like remapping and such. That the directory names for the remaproutines have changed in the distrubition does  not help. Even the qt_auto_tool_probe name has changed to qt_auto_probe_tool (or the other way around), that is strange and not documented at all.
The manual tool change routines don't work at all, I guess because of the changed path names.
Will notify Chris about this, he is always very clever in fixing things or explaining why something does not work.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds