Another plasma component...

More
26 Mar 2019 15:57 #129701 by islander261
Hello

I have tried to find module configobj with no luck. I am still getting this error message even after adding it to plasmac_panel.py.
module 'plasmac_panel' skipped - import error: No module named configobj

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2019 21:28 #129725 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...
This is another similar error. I suspect the dependencies have changed since you installed Linuxcnc. try typing
pip install configobj

pip is the Python installer much like how apt_get is for Linux.

if you get any more no module errors. search for:
python missing_module

pretty sure pip is installed by default with python on Linux. Its a bit of a stuff around to get everything going for python in Windoze but the install instructions to get pip are here
pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing/

More
26 Mar 2019 22:06 #129728 by phillc54
Strange happenings... reading this indicates configobj has been a dependency since version 2.5

Cheers, Phill.

More
27 Mar 2019 00:04 #129738 by islander261
Guys

No piping here!
jd@deskmonsterll:~$ sudo pip install configobj
[sudo] password for jd:
sudo: pip: command not found

I went to Synaptic once I figured out what this is and found that it is indeed a python module that wasn't installed and got it. On my LMDE-3 install here it looks like most modules are python3 by default.

The last remaining thing that I don't seem to have is:
**** GMOCCAPY INFO ****
**** no audio available! ****
**** PYGST libray not installed? ****
**** is python-gstX.XX installed? ****
I looked for both and thought I had install python-gst1.0 with synaptic but I still get this message.

I am starting to get a feel for this now so I am going to clone it to my machine controller. I will start porting to my hardware (7i76E & THCAD) shortly. As soon as I can get an accurate probing figured out I will do some line tests as I can write that code without using any CAM and a new PP.

John

More
27 Mar 2019 01:01 #129744 by phillc54

islander261 wrote:
Do you know if anyone has used the plasmac component on a live machine?

I don't know for sure, there were a couple of guys that had some issues that intimated they were but after there issues were solved I didn't hear back (or maybe their issues weren't solved)

Cheers, Phill.

More
27 Mar 2019 03:06 #129745 by phillc54
I have just pushed a new version which includes ohmic probing.

Additional I/O is:
NAME________DIRECTION___DESCRIPTION
ohmic-probeinputprobe input
ohmic-enableoutputactive only when probing to enable probe circuit
ohmic-testinputwhile on activates ohmic-enable to test for shorted torch if machine idle/paused

If the float-switch is sensed before the ohmic-probe then that is taken to be the stock surface.
It only does one probe attempt, if it fails then it goes into pause mode and waits for a resume.

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
27 Mar 2019 03:43 - 27 Mar 2019 03:45 #129749 by islander261
Phill

Thank you. I am sure I can make this work for line tests.

I cloned plasmac to the machine control system and it appears that the sim starts up with no errors!

I will look over the new code as soon as I have time. I will start to port it over to my hardware on the weekend maybe Friday. Next two days have a trip to the county seat for old age business, health care is just crazy here by industrialized world standards, and then Thursday to the mainland to drop off parts for powder coating, in between I need to weld on hangers to about 30 pieces.

John
Last edit: 27 Mar 2019 03:45 by islander261. Reason: added test

More
27 Mar 2019 15:26 #129777 by islander261
Phill

I updated from your branch. I had a good look at your plasmac.comp this morning and found what I think is a problem, remember I am not much of a coder so I very well can be misunderstanding your code. When ohmic sensing is enabled a check for a shorted torch tip must be done before each probing cycle. It also helps if an error message is posted so the operator knows what the problem is. The torch tip will get shorted when cutting from debris or water. This is especially true if you are using HT Finecut consumables because the gap between the shield and the nozzle is so big. The reason this is a problem with all blowback torches is that internal to the plasma power supply the torch nozzle is connected to the work piece potential between cuts so that when it comes time fire the torch there will be a potential difference between the nozzle and the electrode to make spark for the pilot arc when the connection is broken. On HT torches the electrode is moved and on TD torches the "start cartridge" disconnects the electrode from the nozzle, others I don't know. The nozzle is then disconnected from the work piece potential after a short time or when the main arc is sensed.

I really haven't gotten my head around using offsets to drive the z axis for probing yet. The Z axis raising waiting for the connection to open needs to be much slower than the initial contact probing speed.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
27 Mar 2019 18:55 - 27 Mar 2019 19:13 #129785 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Another plasma component...
@John,

I like your words :
I am starting to get a feel for this now so I am going to clone it to my machine controller. I will start porting to my hardware (7i76E & THCAD) shortly.

As soon as I can get an accurate probing figured out I will do some line tests as I can write that code without using any CAM and a new PP.

Today i did a one of a last update to my THC2 controller for parport application's. It's now 99% finished how i want it to be. The update's i do are short update's because there are linuxcnc machine's already cutting every day. For parport i make update's that are compatible.

For the Ethercat THC code, i started from zero 3 weeks ago. This one is a very clever component. It is time ahead in plasma world.

If we keep in mind. M3 & M5 for component logic. It's all in the game. Probing is a component piece so does not have to be mentioned in the G-code.

Keep up the good work !!
Last edit: 27 Mar 2019 19:13 by Grotius.

More
28 Mar 2019 03:45 #129817 by phillc54

islander261 wrote:
The Z axis raising waiting for the connection to open needs to be much slower than the initial contact probing speed

This speed is defined by the offset scale which is (thread period x units per mm)
For a metric machine with a 1mS servo thread this equates to .0001
It only steps one unit per period so this is 60 mm per minute or 2.36 inches per minute

islander261 wrote:
I had a good look at your plasmac.comp this morning and found what I think is a problem

Thanks for that, I totally missed it...
I have just pushed a fix which also includes better error handling for the float switch and the breakaway switch

Cheers, Phill.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds