Bob's Plasmac Build

More
01 Jun 2019 13:15 #135566 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Bob's Plasmac Build
That is one serious table!

Here are some photos of my plasma build, at the bottom is the slats I use now. They are curved so there's a bit of tension keeping them from rocking in the slots. I found straight ones with small parts the material would move around a little as the gantry shook the table.

gnipsel.com/shop/plasma/plasma-gallery.xhtml

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2019 16:28 #135575 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Bob's Plasmac Build

That is one serious table!

Here are some photos of my plasma build, at the bottom is the slats I use now. They are curved so there's a bit of tension keeping them from rocking in the slots. I found straight ones with small parts the material would move around a little as the gantry shook the table.

gnipsel.com/shop/plasma/plasma-gallery.xhtml

JT

Cool slat system.

What determines the depth of water pan. Yours looks to be 2.5 - 3".

More
01 Jun 2019 18:20 - 01 Jun 2019 18:22 #135581 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Bob's Plasmac Build
It's 3" deep and the lower supports are made from 2 1/2" x 1/8" and the slats are 2" x 1/8". On my table I wanted to be able to slide a full size sheet in from the front so the slats had to be level with the lower frame member. I guess it just depends on the design of the table and if you want to submerge the plate or not. I fill the table from an old water heater tank that is laying under the table. I fitted a dip tube to the tank and put a small amount of air pressure on the tank and the fluid flows up the drain and fills the table. To drain I just vent the tank.

The slats are easy to change when needed and just need to be cut to length and slid them in.

JT
Last edit: 01 Jun 2019 18:22 by BigJohnT.

More
01 Jun 2019 22:37 - 01 Jun 2019 22:43 #135591 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Bob's Plasmac Build
@Bevins,

Good work !

Watertable 85-100mm can resist 200 amps over a long time. It looks like a Purelogic machine. That is a Russian plasma machine.

And i think the russian's have used the GPL2 licence. I see a video where the linux cone (without tool number) is used.
They have modified the gremlin property's somehow. At least that is what i think. They have started with window's mach some years ago. and have made "own" software. But i think it's linux GPL2 based without uploading the source code. But that is what i expect at this moment. So no problem for me.
Last edit: 01 Jun 2019 22:43 by Grotius.

More
01 Jun 2019 23:50 #135599 by bevins

Hey Bev,
that is for the plasma you are building right ?
You should add some cross members to make the table more rigid in the middle as if cutting thicker steel plates it will buckle in the middle with time.

Yeah, I think I will add a cross beam with a leg in the middle, adjustable like the rest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
02 Jun 2019 00:29 #135602 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Bob's Plasmac Build

Yeah, I think I will add a cross beam with a leg in the middle, adjustable like the rest.

That should do it! Seen to many of them bent to much to be useful.
Also to late but you should have checked some of my builds, namely I always make the machine part (rails, gantry et all ) separate from the cutting table for two reasons, it provides a nice shielding from the plasma power and interference and it is easier to clean when the time comes.
Oh, and on smaller machines at 2X1 meter I do the gantry on the wide side, so it can take a 6X2 meter plate and cut it to fit the table.

More
02 Jun 2019 15:36 #135639 by jason1098
Replied by jason1098 on topic Bob's Plasmac Build
Will you explain what you mean by "Air Holes in the frame" and what the purpose is and where they should be placed. I'm about to start my frame for my CNC plasma build and this is the first comment i've heard about adding air holes.

More
02 Jun 2019 15:52 #135640 by bevins

Will you explain what you mean by "Air Holes in the frame" and what the purpose is and where they should be placed. I'm about to start my frame for my CNC plasma build and this is the first comment i've heard about adding air holes.

So air can escape when they get hot so air inside does not expand.

Put a hole on each tube or leave ends open.

More
03 Jun 2019 20:23 #135793 by bevins
More candy......

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
03 Jun 2019 21:40 #135800 by thefabricator03
Replied by thefabricator03 on topic Bob's Plasmac Build
What brand are those AC servos?

They look similar to what I have been looking at from China.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds