My Newb Plasma Table Attempted Build

More
29 Apr 2020 13:10 #166091 by dvn4life1972

I did just find 16T 2mm pitch pulleys on Amazon for $8/ea.

That is way to much for those, they should be from 1.2 to 1.7$/ea.
www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksi...+gt2+pulley&_sacat=0
or
www.amazon.com/WINSINN-Aluminum-Synchron...id=1588163183&sr=8-8
Just make sure the bore is what you need.

The ebay link is out of stock on 16T. I searched Amazon earlier and it didn't return any 16T sets like you found...much better set of 5 for same price as one I found lol. Gotta see if I have enough belt now to do the whole thing or of I need to order some with it.

Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2020 13:16 #166092 by tommylight
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

More
29 Apr 2020 13:30 #166093 by dvn4life1972
1/4" bore (6.35mm). Still that 1st Amazon link you posted for a 5-pack will work fine. I found my belt in the garage...20ft, and I'll need 10ft more, so I'll order a 5 meter roll of the super cheap stuff and use it in the track as the rack. The belt I already have is Gates, I'll use that as the actual drive belt.

Pat

More
29 Apr 2020 20:58 #166146 by rodw

That's a sexy looking beast you built there Rod. Especially that Z axis, although it's all very nice indeed!

Thanks, it only took 3 months in my spare time to design and build...

More
30 Apr 2020 23:34 #166262 by dvn4life1972

That's a sexy looking beast you built there Rod. Especially that Z axis, although it's all very nice indeed!

The whole machine, or just the Z?

More
01 May 2020 00:08 #166266 by dvn4life1972
I'm basically running down a list of stuff to do so I can then progress into plasmac.

Had a hiccup with the float switch, got that all squared away and got my torch holder put together. I'm not real sure how to test touchoff, I have no idea how or where to get g code files to test the base machine.

It does do 1200in/min without crashing. I reduced that limit to 900in/min. And I don't see the need for that much, to be honest. Sure am glad it stopped softly every time :laugh:

Pat

More
01 May 2020 00:37 #166267 by rodw

The whole machine, or just the Z?

The Z axis complete and Y motor assembly. Making the gantry to mount it to only took a day or so.

More
01 May 2020 04:11 #166274 by rodw

I'm basically running down a list of stuff to do so I can then progress into plasmac.

I'm not real sure how to test touchoff, I have no idea how or where to get g code files to test the base machine.

Pat

There are some example gcode files deployed with plasmac. A lot of people cut the Plasmac Spanner :)
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master/nc_files/plasmac
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

More
01 May 2020 14:50 #166326 by dvn4life1972
Thanks Rod. I was going strictly by the plasmac guide, which emphatically says to have a good base machine (no crashes, limits good, no plasma connections, and able to run some gcode). So do you mean I should be ok sans running some gcode, all other things being good and well?

Pat

More
01 May 2020 20:21 #166361 by rodw

Thanks Rod. I was going strictly by the plasmac guide, which emphatically says to have a good base machine (no crashes, limits good, no plasma connections, and able to run some gcode). So do you mean I should be ok sans running some gcode, all other things being good and well?

Pat

Try it, it should work as PLasmac does all its magic without touching gcode . But there is other sample code published as part of Linuxcnc.

BUt I would recommend that you learn enough about Gcode to draw a square in the air. That may teach you a thing or two about G64 offsets before you get going...

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds