My Newb Plasma Table Attempted Build

More
20 Sep 2020 21:37 #182972 by rodw
Ahh. I'm sure I am not using UEFI on mine but it is an option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2020 13:06 #183465 by dvn4life1972
I think the change they made on the newest ones is that BIOS is not an option, they're UEFI only. Had I known that at the time, I probably would've passed it up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
17 Mar 2021 13:23 #202592 by dvn4life1972

I've circled back and succeeded with making this BRIX PC work to control the machine.

I've been away for a good bit now. I have used the machine from time to time during my hiatus, and have found some issues that I believe are 100% related to this BRIX S PC that I have for the table.

Issues weren't discovered until I had larger nestings of multiple parts (ie: long duration cut jobs). I normally don't do these, instead opting to just cut whatever single or few items needed.

Problem is that with the larger nestings, after it runs through maybe 500ish lines of code, it will just stop for a while. Then resume. Then stop. At first, it will pause immediately after probing...and then fire the torch a good while later (sometimes up to 30 seconds). Then it will give a valid arc lost error, pause cutting, when I resume it pauses again after probing, runs maybe a few lines of code, then valid arc lost again.

If I power-cycle the PC and run it again from where it left off, it will work for a bit...and then after a fair amount of code, will revert to this again. All other things run just fine.

As I haven't been super busy with the table, addressing this has been low on the priority list - until now. I did obtain an almost free Lenovo M93 in very good condition. Upgraded it to a 128GB SSD, and 8GB memory.

I'm just documenting this just in case someone happens through this thread and sees the BRIX info from my situation, so they don't run down that rabbit hole with me.

More
17 Mar 2021 19:20 - 17 Mar 2021 19:52 #202620 by dvn4life1972
Got the official 2.8 downloaded and installed onto the Lenovo (to replace the BRIX). Then loaded my linuxcnc folder into it. Hooked it up to the table, set the static IP, pinged, all is good.

Starts up and homes/jogs with absolutely no issues. Then tried to load a file to do a dry-run on, and I get the following dialog box for an error that I'm unfamiliar with...

Filter failed

The program './plasmac/plasmac_gcode.py' exited with code 126. Any error messages it produced are shown below:

sh: 1: ./plasmac_gcode.py: Permission denied

Anybody know from that what I probably did wrong?

Edit: I may have the issue resolved.
Last edit: 17 Mar 2021 19:52 by dvn4life1972.

More
17 Mar 2021 19:59 #202632 by rodw
Find the file, right click and give execute permissions
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

More
17 Mar 2021 21:54 - 17 Mar 2021 21:56 #202655 by dvn4life1972
So I initially did the permissions like you said Rod. Got that sorted finally by allowing it to run as a program.

Now it will load the gcode into plasmac, but when I attempt a dry run it errors "Unknown m code used: M190."

I have no clue why that's going on.

Edit: DUH. This is what not actively using my table will get me lol
Last edit: 17 Mar 2021 21:56 by dvn4life1972. Reason: Finding answers

More
17 Mar 2021 22:16 #202659 by dvn4life1972
Ok, well...can't figure why the heck it doesn't recognize the tool callout M190. Did I probably miss something on install?

More
17 Mar 2021 22:23 #202660 by phillc54
In the ini file RS274NGC section there should be a line like:
USER_M_PATH = ./:./plasmac:../../mfiles

In the config directory there should be a link to a plasmac directory which should contain a M190 file . It should be executable.

If you used the configurator this should have been done automatically.

More
17 Mar 2021 22:28 #202661 by dvn4life1972

In the ini file RS274NGC section there should be a line like:
USER_M_PATH = ./:./plasmac:../../mfiles

In the config directory there should be a link to a plasmac directory which should contain a M190 file . It should be executable.

If you used the configurator this should have been done automatically.

I didn't run the configurator. I tried, but I get the error in the attachment (python linuxcnc/configs/pats_v2/configurator.py)
Attachments:

More
17 Mar 2021 22:33 #202665 by dvn4life1972
Attaching the configurator file now that I'm on the internet again on that pc.
Attachments:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.652 seconds