My foldable plasma table

More
05 Oct 2021 13:27 #222279 by Ekholm
Replied by Ekholm on topic My foldable plasma table
That was really interesting! I will open my plasma and send pictures!

I bump my question. I don´t seam to get the full picture how it all works. I use Autodesk Inventor and hope to use it´s CAM software to generate the G-code. In plasmac i will configure the float switch to a HAL pin. How will the height probing work? Should i add something in the post processor in Inventors CAM software or will plasmac fix that? Thanks /Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2021 17:15 - 05 Oct 2021 17:17 #222293 by Ekholm
Pictures from my Parkside PPS 40 B2 plasma [attachment=40695]E8D5E313-FCA3-4908-BD17-
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Oct 2021 17:17 by Ekholm.

More
05 Oct 2021 17:22 #222296 by Ekholm
Is this the place?  
Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2021 23:16 #222318 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic My foldable plasma table

I bump my question. I don´t seam to get the full picture how it all works. I use Autodesk Inventor and hope to use it´s CAM software to generate the G-code. In plasmac i will configure the float switch to a HAL pin. How will the height probing work? Should i add something in the post processor in Inventors CAM software or will plasmac fix that? Thanks /Andreas

Plasmac will handle all probing, all it reqires is a spindle 0 start to indicate the beginning of a cut.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...tml#_mandatory_codes
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...mac_specific_g_codes
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...asmac_gcode_examples

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ekholm

More
07 Oct 2021 07:04 #222428 by Ekholm
Thank you so much for your help! I hope to have some sparks flying during the weekend! :D

What do you think about wiring a THC on this plasma? Is it possible? Should the thc be after the inductors? I think i marked the output of the mosfets, but i guess that the inductor will smooth out the voltage rippel?

More
07 Oct 2021 07:07 #222429 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic My foldable plasma table

Thank you so much for your help! I hope to have some sparks flying during the weekend! :D

What do you think about wiring a THC on this plasma? Is it possible? Should the thc be after the inductors? I think i marked the output of the mosfets, but i guess that the inductor will smooth out the voltage rippel?

I hope it works for you.

Tommy is the expert on the wiring, I am sure he will be able to point you in the right direction.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
07 Oct 2021 10:43 #222442 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic My foldable plasma table

Use the arowed one and the screw terminal, do not solder on the rounded inductor leg, a cold solder there will cause fire easily.
Can not see exactly what is under the parts so can not follow the traces, but about 80% sure that is the place.
Attachments:

More
07 Oct 2021 12:47 - 07 Oct 2021 13:06 #222452 by Ekholm
Interesting! I will try to make a video of the area. Do you have any more information of the connection of the resistors? Will order the THCAD card soner then i thought ;D *edit; ordered*
Last edit: 07 Oct 2021 13:06 by Ekholm.

More
07 Oct 2021 14:27 #222458 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic My foldable plasma table
Solder a piece of wire to one pin of the resistor and isolate it, the other pin solder to the plasma board.
Same for both resistors.
Testing procedure:
-After wiring THCAD, remove the connector that goes to the electronics box, leave just the connection to plasma, start plasma manually while cutting some scrap material = if no smoke, move on,

-Have the torch in mid air and fire it for 3 seconds, not cutting just leave it on and off several times = no smoke, move on,

-Have the torch nozzle touching a scrap plate and fire the torch, beware this will destroy the nozzle so use an old one for this, do this 2 to 5 times = no smoke, move on,

-Attach the other connector to the THCAD with electronics OFF, repeat the above tests just once or twice each = no smoke, move on,

-Power on the electronics, enable the drives, open a gcode file and run the machine, while the machine is running repeat the above tests once or twice each = no smoke, everything is OK.

More
07 Oct 2021 15:48 - 07 Oct 2021 16:47 #222464 by Ekholm
Here is a short video showing the area that you have marked 

what does this mean? That I should have multiple resistors in serial? 

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Oct 2021 16:47 by Ekholm. Reason: Added a question

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.552 seconds